TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/)
-   -   2023 (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t164679-2023/)

Dawn. December 23rd 2023 09:26 AM

How was your 2023? What was your accomplishments? How did you overcome your obstacles?

Silvan December 23rd 2023 09:36 AM

Re: 2023

My 2023 was good! I moved twice, ended an unsatisfactory relationship, started a new job and university! So I have quite a few accomplishments and I'm very proud of myself :)

Resilient December 23rd 2023 01:25 PM

My 2023 started out really rocky but later on in the year it got exponentially better. My grandmother passed earlier this year at the same hospital I work at, it’s still rough going to work every day and having to pass the room she was in, but every day gets better and better. I met a significant other though after - we’re in an exclusive relationship now. I started going to school and my employer is reimbursing me for my tuition at the end of every semester, which is nice, and I’ll have my bachelors in a few short years. I’ve made great strides in my mental health, because in previous years I would have quit my current employer after what happened with my grandma, and all my future education prospects would have been harder to achieve. I also would not be one of the best employees. I actually won an award called the “above and beyond” award that my co workers wrote me in for, which was nice and touching.

Ennui. December 23rd 2023 04:23 PM

I lost my job and ended up in the hospital a few times in 2023, so I guess it was a tough year for me.

Rika December 23rd 2023 04:29 PM

It was alright this year. I got a part time job at the tail end of 2023 which will work out for me.

Dawn. December 24th 2023 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resilient (Post 1390976)
My 2023 started out really rocky but later on in the year it got exponentially better. My grandmother passed earlier this year at the same hospital I work at, it’s still rough going to work every day and having to pass the room she was in, but every day gets better and better. I met a significant other though after - we’re in an exclusive relationship now. I started going to school and my employer is reimbursing me for my tuition at the end of every semester, which is nice, and I’ll have my bachelors in a few short years. I’ve made great strides in my mental health, because in previous years I would have quit my current employer after what happened with my grandma, and all my future education prospects would have been harder to achieve. I also would not be one of the best employees. I actually won an award called the “above and beyond” award that my co workers wrote me in for, which was nice and touching.

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother. :hug:

Dawn. December 24th 2023 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ennui. (Post 1390981)
I lost my job and ended up in the hospital a few times in 2023, so I guess it was a tough year for me.

I'm sorry to hear it was a rough year for you. :hug:

Everglow. December 25th 2023 09:00 PM

My 2023 was definitely a mixed bag! On the one hand, I got burgled, and then evicted. On the other hand, I found a career and made so many positive personal steps and I feel really proud. I think overall, more positive than negative. :)

Dawn. December 26th 2023 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everglow. (Post 1391034)
My 2023 was definitely a mixed bag! On the one hand, I got burgled, and then evicted. On the other hand, I found a career and made so many positive personal steps and I feel really proud. I think overall, more positive than negative. :)

I'm sorry to hear that you got burgled and evicted.
However, finding your career and accomplishing those positive personal steps are definitely worth it as well. :hug: