TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Arrow Do you have hunter instincts? - July 5th 2009, 04:37 AM

I've always considered one of my special abilities being able to easily detect what others will do before they do it and finding my way through crowds. It's almost as though I have "terminator vision." I think my father may have been a hunter, hired killer or something like that... it mixes in with other abilities I have. I've almost had to kill someone once - although to protect someone - and it came frighteningly easy to me, I knew exactly what to do, how to do it, and I didn't flinch once.

I was just wondering how many others might have this (hunting instincts).

By knowing what others will do, I mean people, crowds, sports games, etc. being able to detect what will happen and what each player will do before they do it. I've always used this while playing sports, navigating my way around floods of people and cars, and never getting hit in dodge ball (which I've always found funny, my peers thought I was Spider-Man or Neo from the Matrix - I have "bullet time" all the time)

The navigating crowds is being able to spot someone easily in a flood of people and finding open gaps that will allow you to easily move from one end to another without paying close attention - it's almost as though I shut off and allow pure instinct and nature to take over.

Part of the reason why I want to find my father is because I know I didn't get these skills from my adoptive parents. I've never told them about it. I kinda feel like a freak because of it and I don't want them seeing me as off. This predator instinct, although I use it for good and just getting by, evolved over time naturally. It's in my blood. What I can do with these instincts of "the hunt" and "thrill of the kill," well it's not something everyone would understand. My biological father probably would though and he can train me to become the man I was always meant to be. Whatever that is. I've always felt like there was a half of me that was left untapped into and I want to fully explore what that is.

I classify these as "hunter" skills, they allow you to easily hunt down a target and eliminate it. Does anyone else have this and to what extent?

NOTE: Have to clarify that these instincts can compose a CIA agent, FBI, Police, etc. as well as a criminal.

Last edited by ThePunkAlien; July 5th 2009 at 05:27 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Deep Brown Eyes Offline
Hic Sunt Dracones
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Do you have hunter instincts? - July 7th 2009, 03:17 PM

I can relate to navigating through crowds quickly and anticipating a person's next move, so to some extent, yes I would say I have the 'hunter' instinct. Though I always put it down to quick thinking and having enough quicksmart to make a good call.

My reflexes aren't that good though - if something is coming at me, I'm not always quick enough to dodge it so I assume a defensive position. I highly doubt I have the 'killer' instinct though. I admit that I have very violent thoughts, but I've never been pushed to the point where I've come close to actually doing that. I avoid getting into fights at all.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Toast Offline
lostinaworldofhate
I've been here a while

Name: Toast

Re: Do you have hunter instincts? - July 7th 2009, 04:36 PM

pWell, I can anticipate if something is about to go wrong. For example, I do a lot of horse back riding and I always know when someone or I am going to fall off before it happens. As for picking out in crowds... not so much. But this does remind me of when I was younger and I loved those Redwall books. I wanted to be a warrior like the characters so I liked to think I had the skills they had.

Do you ever watch Criminal Minds? There's an episode called "Open Season" where these two guys were hunting people with arrows. I loved that idea. I wanted to take up archery so I could get good and hunt people. I think hunting would be fun except I love animals and I wouldn't hurt them for amusement. I actually watched that episode online( shhh) at first because my friend told me about it and I thought that the idea of hunting humans with a bow when they don't have guns would just be awesome.

As for the hunter instincts, some of those would also learned skills I would think. But killing definitely comes easier to some people than others.

Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding

Last edited by Toast; July 7th 2009 at 04:46 PM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
...and pitchfork red
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Rosary

Re: Do you have hunter instincts? - July 15th 2009, 04:05 PM

i can navigate very easily through crowds, though being five foot ten/eleven does help. i can often anticipate someone's next words or actions, and i'm very good at predicting people's emotional reactions.
i know if (have never been proven wrong) and when (within an approximate timescale, usually accurate) and why (have never been proven wrong) a relationship will go wrong. when i do something, i know the effect it will have on most people involved, and all if it is within my friendship group. i can sense when people are building up to something, be it a revelation or outburst.
i use all of this to my advantage on an everyday basis, and it has saved me broken friendships, family rifts, a serious SH issue, a friend's suicide and many, many bullying incidents.
so not exactly a huntress instinct, but a person who is very good with people.
r&r x

Have a free hug.

Why be stingy? Take another.

It's gonna be okay.

Closed Thread