TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Trying To Find Myself
Not a n00b

Name: Zara

Who Are You? - September 1st 2009, 05:09 PM

I was on the thread ''Bet You Can't'' by Sparks in the Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy section.

His post was:

Quote:
Tell me who you are?
Explain as little or as much as you like...but you are not clothing, or a religion, or a color, or a race. you're not your past or what you think you might be in the future, i don't want to hear about your external possessions and ego.
I was wondering what do people use to describe themselves, how would each of you describe yourself in as many words, using the past and the future. Everything you think that describes who you are.

Helplink Mentor

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower... hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Cazzum Offline
Helper
Average Joe

Name: Callum

Re: Who Are You? - September 1st 2009, 06:07 PM

Hello my names Callum MacPherson,
I'm 15 years old.
I live in the North-East of England and I'm around 4ft 9inches, haha.

I think that's okay..

"If my body dies, let my body die, but do not let my country die" - Genghis Khan

If you need advice:
PM

Send a message via MSN to Cazzum Send a message via Skype™ to Cazzum 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Re: Who Are You? - September 1st 2009, 07:06 PM

this is an awesome idea for a post! i like it!

i'm kayla. i'm fourteen years old. i live for Jesus Christ because he's my savior and friend. i can always rely on Him to be by my side, and He still loves me through my faults and flaws. i am a Christian because my friend's mom died in April 2008. she appreared in my dreams, and called me to God. i believe that she's my new angel. i never met her while she was alive, but i heard she was an amazing person. she is my hero but i never claim that outloud because it upsets people when i talk about her. /: . but she called me to God so I love her and thank her everyday! i've been selfharming since I was eleven years old. and it's overcome who i am. not i don't see myself as a normal person, I see myself as a person who doesn't deserve to be here because she disappoints and upsets everyone she meets.
Mikaela is my best friend. She's always there for me, and I love her soooo much. She's incredible.
Gah, Umm.. I'm not sure what else describes who I am. I love helping people though. I love listening and just knowing that someone can confide in me. That means a lot and I love meeting new people, so pm/vm me!
when i grow up, i want to major in music theory, because i love to sing, dance, and write songs. either that, or i want to major in pyschology. either one would be cool.
umm..... yeah.... /:
that's about it.....
gah...

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Who Are You? - September 1st 2009, 07:39 PM

My name's Amanda. I'm fourteen years young, and I live in Michigan. I have an amazing family, and would never dream of living without them. I love to help other people, and by doing this it becomes far easier for me to live a happy life. My dad died when I was five years old, so I live with my mom and my sister, and my adorable little puppy ;] I'm in love with classic rock music. I also love writing, it's the best way for me to vent when I'm feeling down. Just like anyone else, I love to read a good book. I'm not always an outgoing person, and I can be kind of shy when I first meet someone. I have trouble in social situations, as I seem to get super anxious, but I try my best. I have my negative and positive side, and my flaws, as do we all. I forgive others to easily, but try to be a good friend to the people I care about.

And, yeah. The end!

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Poppy

Re: Who Are You? - September 1st 2009, 08:51 PM

I am Bryden. I am 18. I am known for being the short curvy-but-skinny girl with glasses and sometimes red hair. Oh and the one with the funny name. I am working during my gap year in the school I went to for the five years of my education, which is VERY nostalgic. I want to study Psychology when I finally get to university ... until then my only university experiences will be sleeping on friends floors and being toured around the pubs and clubs in the area

You can't move mountains by whispering at them.

Take a look at my art here:
http://attemptedart.tumblr.com/

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Tegan Offline
Make a wish...
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tegan

Re: Who Are You? - September 1st 2009, 10:59 PM

I'm Tegan, I'm trying my best.

-

I think thats how I would describe myself, people will do with that what they will. But I'm so sick of trying to introduce/describe myself and people making a judgement on that. It drives me mental. I think with that introduction or description people can make their own decision about me, for in the long run everyone will view me in their own way anyway.

/rant.

not sure if that even answered your quesion, but there's my two cents

You are the one, the one who lies next to me,
Whispers "hello, I missed you quite terribly"

(#7 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: Who Are You? - September 1st 2009, 11:37 PM

I'm Rachel. I feel like I have the mentality of someone 10 years older than me, and often when spending time with people my own age I find myself asking "when will you grow up?". At nearly 20 I've just realised I'm almost a third of the way to my pension and this petrifies me. One of the causes of sadness in my life is the knowledge that I will not be able to do everything I want to do before I die.
I believe myself to be a pretty well-rounded individual. I'm relatively intelligent, (though I don't necessarily believe good grades = intelligent, merely the ability to work continuously hard). I have an overactive social life and several fantastic groups of friends that I really appreciate. I'm currently learning sign language and loving it. I volunteer at a charity shop and a care home weekly.
I can't wait to go to University for the academic environment and look forward to independance not for the freedom party (I have that already) but so that I can colour coordinate my towels and bed linen, and organise my fridge in terms of food groups properly.
I want to study medicine and I will prioritise my grades and getting there over pretty much everything.
So yes. I'm Rachel. I'm a borderline obsessive perfectionist and even though I've got my feet on the group, I'm pretty good fun.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Who Are You? - September 2nd 2009, 12:01 AM

urrmm, i have no idea how to describe myself to be honest. other than saying what i look like, and that's not really describing who you are, or is it? i have no idea. i prefer people to get to know me and then see who i am.. rather than telling people loads about me.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Ayak22 Offline
[Formerly LetGodArise/Ayak]
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Re: Who Are You? - September 2nd 2009, 12:13 AM

I'm Alex. I live for love, hope and Jesus Christ.

InherentlyObvious/LetGodArise/AyakTwloha
Member since Sep '08
Always here to help.
To Write Love On Her Arms

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Ambiance Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Who Are You? - September 2nd 2009, 03:19 AM

I'm basically just winging it.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Unicorn. Offline
Cookie monster
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: Who Are You? - September 2nd 2009, 10:27 AM

Well, like hey and stuff

I'm Jess Lister. Seriously, the best name in the world right?
I'm 439,816,471 seconds old. Or, 13. Whatever way you want to look at it
Magical sparkly rainbows. Can I use that to describe me? Probably not, but what the hell, I'm going to anyway, I'm probably one of the randomest people you are ever going to meet, so you'll ever love me, or hate me. I'm like marmite, except not all gooey and fuuny looking. And yeh, I have the mentality of a 5 year old.

I'm not going to bore you by telling you my height, family pets, what I want to do when I'm older and all that random jazz, because I've lead a pretty nondescript life, and you'll just be bored brainless; and that could be messy.

I reckon that's about it. Magic and marmite, that's me in a nutshell

~Jess x
17|10|09

Whenever your world starts crashing down
That's where you'll find me

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Naomi. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Naomi

Re: Who Are You? - September 2nd 2009, 10:32 AM

Im Naomi, im 15 and from Leeds (Y) yada yada yada
Yeah I dont really like describing myself so i normally get others to do it for me :P
Ooo I have red hair xD
There you go, ranodm fact of the day xD
Erm, i hate sitting school.
Love diet coke, chewing gum, trampolines and glitter glue.
im mega shy
and HATE writing.
Im shaped by the aawesome people around me.
I tend to talk complete nonsense.
And basically.
Im ME!!!!! xD

Dream ♥

(#13 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: Who Are You? - September 2nd 2009, 12:14 PM

My name is Paige and I'm from London.
I have the most amazing friends and family. I try and live each day to the fullest. I'm generally a seemably happy person. I'm very independent and resourceful.
And yeah, that's all I can think of!

(#14 (permalink)) Old
*Faith* Offline
They'll never know.
I've been here a while

Name: Faith

Re: Who Are You? - September 2nd 2009, 01:19 PM

I can't think of a way to describe myself. I guess people see who I am and can describe me better than I can see myself if that makes sense...?

You were the angel of my life, taught me to be free
Now I'm a stranger in your eyes.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: Who Are You? - September 4th 2009, 08:06 PM

I'm an ever-changing emotion. I am dependent and at times unstable. I am loving and caring. I like putting others before myself. I enjoy helping and talking to others. Although I am still discovering who I am, I am not sure what that even means. Who you are seems to have little significance at times. A lot of who you are is how people see you. But, that's a little different.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Ellie Offline
Oh mai.
I've been here a while

Re: Who Are You? - September 5th 2009, 10:46 PM

I am Ellie, I am someone who believes in all of the stuff that you're typically 'laughed at' for believing in. Horoscopes, name meanings, the rhyme of the day that you were born. I'm a pieces, real name Eleanor, and born on a Saturday which therefore would leave me being a dreamer, mysterious, determined, ruled by my emotions and someone who works hard for a living. I believe in them because they're actually pretty true. I tend to put others before myself and live to have fun. I believe that we have one life, and so intend on living it. Getting into trouble, or risking 'ruining my life's plan' probably wouldn't stop me from doing something, because if there's one thing that life has taught me it's that you don't know what is round the corner, so you've got to make the most of what you have and enjoy it.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
esfdhtfy Offline
Dream Big
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Joseph S.

Re: Who Are You? - September 6th 2009, 01:15 AM

Ello.

I'm seventeen years old and I am a senior in high school. I tend to live in the future and spend a lot of my time thinking about the future - which is where I want to be. I am fascinated with philosophy and psychology, which will be my double honours majors when I go to university next year. I would consider myself to a very ambitious person but sometimes, I take on too many things which amounts to a lot more than I can handle.

I don't like asking for help, which poses a problem obviously. I am very hesitant to trust anybody, which also poses a problem. I am learning to do both, however, but it's certainly a slow process. There are many things about myself that I need to refine, the two above are examples. I also tend to be very critical and a bit conceited, which I'm trying to fix.

With all of that said, however, I do recognize my good qualities - being intelligent, ambitious, creative and very compassionate. I would do anything to help somebody in need and I love helping others, as corny as that sounds. I do a lot of volunteer work because I think it's really important to help other people.

SUP BRO.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Re: Who Are You? - September 6th 2009, 02:33 AM

I am Christina.
i like school because it gives me something to do with my time.
I enjoy reading, chatting on msn and writing. I used to use writing to vent my feelings, I still do but it doesn't, for some reason help me as much as it used to. I can write a lot of things now and feel the same ways I felt when I started writing, writing used to calm me down, it helped me control my anger or sadness because I would be putting my thoughts somewhere other than my mind, I would be expressing them on paper, now I don't get that feeling any more, writing is fun for me but it's not as helpful as it used to be, which is something I miss.

I don't know if I answered your question right, but I tried so yeah...

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

(#19 (permalink)) Old
star_crossd Offline
Color Me Chaotic
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: Who Are You? - September 6th 2009, 03:11 AM

My name is Sam and I am rage and joy and spontaneity. I am 16 years old and live to be as happy as I can be. I am impulsive and I love poetry and writing. I'm a junior in high school and I have no idea what I want to do in life. Once that scared me but recently, I've been fearless. And I'm happier than I have been in a long time.

Yesterday I saw you kissing tiny flowers
But everything that lives is born to die
And so I say to you that nothing really matters
And all you do is stand and cry.

Music is life. Start living.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Sweet_Venom Offline
Average Joe

Name: Brecca

Re: Who Are You? - September 6th 2009, 03:47 AM

I am kooky, random-ness.
I am pain, saddness, and hurt.
I am strength and I am weakness.
I am Misunderstood and want to be loved.
I am lost and a yerning heart.
I am Makia Jonae hill from michigan
I am 15 and never want to get a day older.
I guess Im just me

As long as theres a person crying at your funeral theres a reason to live...

~Brecca~

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Maverick Offline
Dark Deceiver
Not a n00b

Name: Wesley

Re: Who Are You? - September 6th 2009, 07:06 AM

I am the ultimate buzzkill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazzum View Post
I'm 15 years old.
I live in the North-East of England and I'm around 4ft 9inches, haha.
Dude, you just boosted my self confidence. I'm 5 foot 4 here.

Last edited by Maverick; September 6th 2009 at 07:12 AM.
  Send a message via MSN to Maverick  
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Shopaholic Offline
Average Joe

Name: Megan

Re: Who Are You? - September 6th 2009, 03:15 PM

Honestly, I don't know who I am. I am learning everyday

(#23 (permalink)) Old
fallen fairy Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Fairy

Re: Who Are You? - September 8th 2009, 02:51 PM

I'm Fiona, I have eyes the colour of sea on a stormy day. I believe that you can never trust a person fully with out holding their hand first.

I try my hardest to be a good person, to do the right thing and to be happy about it but often I fail.

I think in poems and lyrics.

I am me

(#24 (permalink)) Old
blackrose
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mags

Re: Who Are You? - September 8th 2009, 06:19 PM

Well hmmm...
My name is Mags, full name Maraleeze or Marileez depending on my mood.
I'm 19 and from the west coast of Ireland. I live in a bog [ literally] and am surrounded by wildlife on a daily basis, I love animals [ favourite being a hedgehog :P].
My dream is to become a nurse. I have been trying and failing to get into nursing in uni since 2007 and at long last I'm getting my break, starting Monday
I love my family and friends. They mean the world to me and more and would do anything for them.
My past is kinda dark really. I had been self harming since I was 12 but stopped about a year ago, still hit a few bumps but happy with my progress. I have suffered with Bulmia since I was about 15 and still do, I would love to be able to sit down to meal and not worry, but Im taking it one day at a time and I hope to over come it on my own. Im a very independant person and only let a few select amount of people know me through and through.
Well I'm gonna shuddupp now and yeah thats moi.

The lord says 'before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born, I set you apart'

Jeremiah 1.5

Just keep swimming swimming swimming - Dory from finding Nemo!!

Hold your head high princess, for tomorrow is another day.

You can do tonight without the help of a blade and wake in the morning with the feeling of accomplishment

PM me anytime, I am always here to be a shoulder to cry on, an ear to hear whats bothering you and words to make you see the hope

A
<3
  Send a message via MSN to x-x-xblackx-x-xrosex-x-x  
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Penguin Queen Offline
Penguin queen!!
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Annie

Re: Who Are You? - September 8th 2009, 09:48 PM

I am Angela (Annie). I am 17 years old (too old in my opinion). I am White and from the UK. I am currently studying for a Btec in health and social care with health sciences so that I can go to university and become a childrens nurse. I like listening and playing music, painting, even though I am not very good at it, writing, reading etc. I love to watch horror films and go to the cinema with my friends. My favourite animal is the penguin and I love dogs and horses.

fait
h is a bluebird that you see from afar
it is real and as sure as the first evening star
can't touch it, or buy it, or lock it up tight
but its there just the same
making things turn out right

LE PE
NGUIN QUEEN

(#26 (permalink)) Old
belle123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Who Are You? - September 8th 2009, 11:07 PM

I'd prefer not to say my real name on here so let's say my name is Belle I'm firey, yet the coldest person you will ever meet. I'm immature but actually have the mental age of someone twice my age. I'm unbreakable but already broken.

I'm really just a rollercoaster of a person its a tough ride but I'm never boring at least.

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Magical Forest. Offline
Crazy Penguin Lady
I can't get enough

Name: Hannah

Re: Who Are You? - September 9th 2009, 05:09 PM

I'm Hannah, I'm currently 17, I'm a Pisces, I was born in the year of the monkey.
I'm usually a shy person unless I don't know someone. I have no confidence around new people and I tend not to show my true self in case people don't like me. I care about people much more than I care about myself. I hate violence, and everything to do with it. I'm scared of rejection, failure and abandonment, all of which I've experienced too many times in my life. I can act quite childish at times, but I don't mind, I don't want to grow up too quickly. I have extremely low self esteem, I doubt myself all of the time, I can take compliments as insults sometimes. I'm the most indecisive person I've ever met, I hate can't even decide basic things most of the time. I please people too much, everything I do is for other people.
I love penguins, they keep me happy. I like music with expression, not just in the lyrics but the way the instruments are played too.
I would do anything for my friends... if I had them.

Yeah, thats the best I could come up with right now.

(#28 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Who Are You? - September 9th 2009, 05:26 PM

I'm Cara.
I'm 16.
I'm doing my A Levels right now.
I like to sing.
And read.
I've dyed my hair since I was 10 and it's not been my natural colour since then.
I get jealous easily.
I like to have lots of money to spend.
I like to name things.
I make a lot of lists that mean nothing and don't have much purpose.
In short, I'm just me.

(#29 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Who Are You? - September 10th 2009, 01:28 AM

I'm Nat. I live to continually find meaning in my life, be it to help others, express myself through words or art, gain experience of life and the world, and to have fun. I like to listen and to also have a chance to be heard if I have something that I think is worth saying. I think that a lot can be expressed through words, actions, emotions, and art, so that is how I live my life.
That's who I am. I don't think there was anything material in there.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#30 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: kaylyn

Re: Who Are You? - September 11th 2009, 01:27 AM

I have many different names.
I am a lover and a fighter.
I like to think I know what I believe, but I often don't know what I really believe.
I listen to too much music.
Languages fascinate me.
I hate the way people define who I am.
My heart always hurts because of the things people have done to me.
I have given my life to Someone greater than myself.

I need you Jesus
To come to my rescue
Where else can I go?

el rescate no es un mito
  Send a message via AIM to rescueisnotamyth  
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
nosiy2 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

September 11th 2009, 02:53 AM

i don't know

yeaits true

now i'm gonna cntue to drink my milk

Last edited by eunoia; September 11th 2009 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Multiple posts merged.

Closed Thread