TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hydd Offline
Confused
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ben

Rough Times - November 4th 2009, 11:52 AM

Not sure where to put this... Sorry if this is an incorrect location...

I'm not sure where to begin. My life as of the past 3 months has been byfar the worst/stressful of times I've yet endured. I'm 18 and this is my first semester of college. I've also been dating my girlfriend around 3 months, but she's not the problem it's the barricades that try to block us from seeing each other. I'm really, really not sure where to start, so I guess I'll start at the beginning.

The end of summer I met Bailey. She worked at a local coffee shop which I was a frequent visitor of. Her beauty was the first thing that caught my eye, and then her sarcastic humor & charming personality took me for a shock. We went on a few "dates" before dating, and she then asked me to come visit her at the beach with her family. She didn't tell her folks I was coming until about an hour or so before I showed up, so they were already frustrated on not knowing previously, etc. This was the first time I met her parents and we did kiss a few times in their presence. I'm going to assume this caused some turmoil, because as soon as they found out that I was 18 (shes 16) they flipped shit telling her she can't see me anymore. She refused to abide by their rules and they dropped it. They refused to let us see each other, but didn't make us breakup. School was rapidly approaching and she knew that I would be about an hour away and things would be harder, but we stayed together knowingly. From this point onward we had to do everything in secret. Doing things in secret and not often makes people do things quickly and sometimes act rash. We had unprotected sex right before I left to college. Luckily, she didn't get pregnant, but it was a warning call that we're doing adult things even though we're both so young. The first weekend I was going to come back and see her was Labor Day Weekend and she snuck out and we were on our way to my place when her father called her asking her where she was. They had caught us red handed and we didn't know what to do. So instead of doing the smart thing and turning around we instead went to my place and had sex which in all driving back and forth & sex was about 2 hours after the first phone call. Needless to say, he was furious. I'm a small guy and her dad towers over me in height & weight and he scared the shit out of me, even before this. He threatened to call the police & also to kick my ass. He warned me to never see his daughter again or I'd be sorry, etc. They took away Bailey's phone and we lost contact for a few days. This entire time I was on the verge of suicidal thoughts & also malicious thoughts on how to get the girl I was so fond of back in my arms. Finally I decided I would write her a letter telling her how I felt and give it to her at her high school, being the only place she can go to without her parents knowing I had been (they even made her quit her job). I gave it to her and she cried and adored it, in general. We pretty much lived with letters for awhile until she convinced her little brother to let her borrow his phone at night. So now we were talking until 4am or 5am or even sometimes no sleep at all. We were just so concerned about how each other were feeling it was so sincere and loving. I was staying up all night at least every other day and leaving my dorm around 4am to get at Bailey's high school in time to see her, if even for 10 minutes. Now fast forward 2 months and I'm still doing the same thing. My sleep schedule is nonexistent, but her's has gone back to normal. We don't talk nearly as much as we used to and she sleeps most nights (not that it's a bad thing, but since all my friends have gone to different schools I have nobody but her). I picked up playing online games a lot more and am playing with a group of people I really enjoy playing with. This is usually the only enjoyment I get out of my life other than time with Bailey (30 minutes average a week) during these past few months. Also, another major pinnacle of my recent depression is college. I am failing 3 out of 5 of my classes and have no real ambition to continue my education at college. Being a full time student from a humble family, finances are tight. I don't really have any money, because I spend it all on gas driving to and from Bailey. She makes me feel good and she feels more or less the same way I feel, but has it a lot easier living at home and going to much easier high school. I want to drop out of college, but I am worried my family with either disown me or look down upon me so much I couldn't bear living. I even got in a minor car accident last week when a guy rear-ended my car. He hasn't been the most easy person to get this done with and I'm worried he's just going to try to rip me off, because he wants me to get the work done at the place he wants, which is over an hour away from where I live.

I don't know what to do anymore. The stress from school is becoming way too much. This week alone I have 3 papers, 2 tests, 6 online trainings, and a take home midterm paper to do. I also have to take my car to this mechanic over an hour away & see bailey at least twice in the morning at school. I would rather just disappear this deal with all of this. I love Bailey. I will not leave her, so please, don't make me regret writing all of this if that's the only response I am going to get. I wish I could fast forward time to when I'd get to be with my girl & be rid of all of this school & grief her parents have caused us. I'm terribly depressed and I have nowhere to turn to. I really just want to go away forever.

-Ben

Edit: I'm going to go ahead and apologize for the huge wall of text, but I guess I just kept on typing. Sorry in advance..

Last edited by hydd; November 4th 2009 at 12:13 PM.
  Send a message via AIM to hydd  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Jaguar Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Stephen Davis

Re: Rough Times - November 4th 2009, 07:07 PM

Your not the only guy who can't see the girl he loves, so quit feeling sorry for yourself and get back to your schoolwork. She'll get her phone back and you can keep in touch with her. Mommy and Daddy now know their little girl is dating and they'll come around with time. It may take a while, but if it means enought to both of you, you'll be together sooner or later - if you don't fuck up and flunk out of school and look like a loser in ther parent's eyes.

What just happened?

Closed Thread