TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Online
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Exclamation Just need to vent. - December 8th 2009, 07:03 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Ok so this might be a long thread to read...

So I'm having this party for my 17th birthday party...and I invited this guy. He's also having a party but he didn't invite me. I asked him why and he said that his mum told HIM that he could only invite people that he talks to reguarly...I talk to him everyday at school or on msn...and that's not reguarly? I was kind of upset because I thought we were like good friends and he didn't invite me to his party.

Another problem...I love my parents theres no denying that...but yesterday my mum annoyed me just a little bit to much. For most of the afternoon she was comparing me to my friends. She was saying stuff like "Your friends seemed to have outgrown you...you seem a little less immature then them..."

One last problem...I'm kind of finding it difficult to keep up with school work because I get quite a bit at a time. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get all my schoolwork up-to-date.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lotus Eater Offline
You are not alone.
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Just need to vent. - December 8th 2009, 07:32 AM

Hello

Okay. I am kinda sick and tired of insensitive guys walking all over innocent girls... so I'm just about ready to pummel this guy for being unable to differentiate between friends you don't talk to regularly and friends you do talk to regularly. There's nothing much you can do about getting him to invite you to his party.. after all.. if he's said what he did.. do you still want to go with that in mind? And as for his coming to your party... you should go along with that I suppose. After all, you don't want to uninvite him and end up sounding like him. I think you're much cooler than that

Ah, parents. We love them but sometimes it's extremely hard to agree with them. They're forever comparing us to our friends because, I suppose, they'd like us to "watch and learn". My mum says that anyway. Just remember that, no matter what they say.. at the end of the day.. give them a choice to trade you in for somebody else.. and they wouldn't. No questions asked. No matter what they do or say... they're always going to love you. Even if they don't always know how to show it.

As for school-work.. I don't think I'm going to be much of a help there. I'm forever falling behind too. But the one thing I've found to work.. is lists. Make lists of things you have to get down and note down when they're due. That way, you're able to work off the list AND keep up to date. When you're starting a new term.. it always helps to get on with homework as soon as you get it. Work on the homework you've been given as soon as you're home from school (after a rest and stuff) so you don't fall behind before you're even halfway through term. It's hard though sometimes because you get homework from all these different subjects and it all just piles up. But, keep working and you'll get through it all. Eventually

You have me.
Until every last star in the galaxy dies.
You have me.

- Amie Kaufman

NEED TO VENT? CLICK HERE.
Never forget, you are not alone. ♥

Closed Thread