TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Resources Officer

Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

National Public Saftey Telecommunications (Dispatcher) week. - April 9th 2012, 10:49 PM

From 4/9/12 - 2/12/12 is National Public Safety 911 dispatcher week. We often look up to Police Officers, Firefighters, and Emergency Medical Service personal; however we often forget who sends these people to where they need to get. We often forget who we are talking to when you dial 911 - you are talking to an unseen hero: a 911 Dispatcher.

A Day in the Life in the Communications Center:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFXl4...eature=related

I'd ask that you give thanks to those who are working behind the scenes keeping safe those, who keep us safe.

Chris Jackson
“In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.”

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Raining Glitter Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: National Public Saftey Telecommunications (Dispatcher) week. - April 9th 2012, 11:40 PM

Thank you for announcing this! They are true heros, even though they never show up at the scene.

And oooooooooh that's why there were a group of police officers doing some time of informational station today at my school. Everyone was so Co fused, defi itely since we normally only have the army or peace talk organizations visit us.

Sometimes all you need to do is sprinkle a little glitter on someone's raincloud to blend them a rainbow.
Having a bad day?
Need some glitter?: Look, Listen, & Love
(note: I do not own the first two)
PM me ANYTIME if you want to talk!
I'll listen. You are not alone.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
*~Skittlify~* Offline
You make me feel alive.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dezmaid

Re: National Public Saftey Telecommunications (Dispatcher) week. - April 10th 2012, 12:37 AM

Thanks for announcing this! They do such an amazing job at keeping us safe.

The lights are out and I barely know you
We're going up and the place is slowing down
SKITTLIFY!
  Send a message via AIM to *~Skittlify~* Send a message via MSN to *~Skittlify~* Send a message via Yahoo to *~Skittlify~*  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough

Name: Cody

Re: National Public Saftey Telecommunications (Dispatcher) week. - April 10th 2012, 02:55 AM

Thanks for the announcement! I had no idea, but it's good to know. the video is very informative too.

~Cody

Normal User

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Out of spoons
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison

Re: National Public Saftey Telecommunications (Dispatcher) week. - April 13th 2012, 10:37 AM

I've never thought about the people on the end of the phones.... That's pretty awesome, they have just as important a job as the actual emergency services. Thank you for posting this.

Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jeffreion Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: National Public Saftey Telecommunications (Dispatcher) week. - April 17th 2012, 07:21 AM

Thank you for this ad! They make such an amazing job in keeping you safe.

"Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact." - William James

(#7 (permalink)) Old
survivor16 Offline
Like a skyscraper. <3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Shelby

Re: National Public Saftey Telecommunications (Dispatcher) week. - April 17th 2012, 03:44 PM

Great announcement! It's very true how these heros go unnoticed. Thank you!

Closed Thread