TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Recovery Stories Recovery can be a long and difficult path, and we may forget to rejoice in our accomplishments. Share your recovery stories here, from self harm, to drug, or alcohol addictions, and anything else you are proud of.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Max_99 Offline
Average Joe

An Update On A TH Oldie - January 27th 2013, 09:56 PM

Hey Guys,
Most of you probably don't remember me, but I'm a TH oldie. I used to post atleast once daily (usually 12 times a day or so) as I struggled with suicide, depression, self-injury, addiction, eating disorders, diagnosies, medications, school, bullying, and everything else you can imagine. Point being, I used to be in the same horrible place that many of you have been: I've been on the edge of my life...Hell, I was here during an overdose.

I'm excited to share with my Teen Help family that in the last six months, I've changed so incredibly much.
-It's been 3 years since I went into inpatient October 28th, 2010 for suicide. I haven't had any thoughts of suicide for almost 6 months now.
-I got on Cymbalta and commited to taking my anti-depressants, anxiety medication, ADD medication, etc
-I'm no longer faced with bullying.
-I no longer do any sort of drugs, alcohol, smoking, etc of any kind.
-I'm still vegan 5 years
-I went from having F's in every class since sixth grade to becoming a 4.00 student.
-I attend school every single day, including going to school on days when I was so sick that I couldn't speak.
-I've never missed a single homework assignment this year
-I exercise and lose weight the healthy way. I work out an hour per day, five days per week and I've lost [Edited by Kitty.] in the last 4 months!
-I haven't self-harmed in any way for 7 months now!
-I now get along with my family and friends
-I escaped three abusive relationships and found a true man.

These are just a handful of my achievements over the last year...I wanted to come share here. I love you guys so much, including you, Reader Who Doesn't Know Me. <3

Last edited by Kitty.; January 28th 2013 at 02:51 AM.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Le Papillon Offline
a secret you can keep
I can't get enough

Name: Samuel

Re: An Update On A TH Oldie - January 28th 2013, 12:34 AM

Hey there!
I'm one of the ones who dont know you, but thats wonderful! I'm glad you've been able to get past everything and are where youre at today. That is simply amazing. Congrats, and I hope you continue to do well for a long time to come!

formerly snowstorm, GoneBeyondRepair, and Breathless in Love
Repose en Paix, Grandad/mom H., Sito, Nay, Mary, Aunt S., Peter, Katie, Lexi, Mrs. Radoye, Mandii, Trevor, Megan, Uncle T., Erika, Aunt R., Braxton, Connie, Adam, Grandpa, Buttons ♥
The world will bleed its bloody tale. People will throw their stones. But the one thing you must always remember is:
You no longer walk alone.
-Blake Bliss

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Max_99 Offline
Average Joe

Re: An Update On A TH Oldie - January 28th 2013, 02:52 AM

OHMYGOD YOU HAVE MAYDAY PARADE ON YOUR LOCATION OMG OMG OMG I'M OBSESSED WITH MAYDAY PARADE I LOVE YOU FOREVER PLEASE MARRY ME OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGGG AHHH YOU JUST MADE MY NAIGHT

(#4 (permalink)) Old
~Divergent~ Offline
Struggling again.
I've been here a while

Name: Hailey

Re: An Update On A TH Oldie - January 28th 2013, 03:28 AM

This is SO amazing! It's incredibly inspiring how much you've accomplished. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
And I'm vegan as well, I might add.

Member since 9/27/12
Buddy since 9/14/13

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: An Update On A TH Oldie - January 28th 2013, 10:07 AM

Wow, this is amazing progress! I wish you a lifetime of happiness with your man

And I hope you stick around to keep sharing your inspirational story where you went from the bottom to the top

You're amazing,

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
A glitch in the system.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: An Update On A TH Oldie - February 4th 2013, 03:52 AM

Hey!
I'm not sure we ever really spoke, but I remember seeing you around before. I'm really glad things are going so well for you, and I hope they continue to do so. Hearing stories like this gives me hope, so thanks for sharing.
All the best.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

Closed Thread