TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Recovery Stories Recovery can be a long and difficult path, and we may forget to rejoice in our accomplishments. Share your recovery stories here, from self harm, to drug, or alcohol addictions, and anything else you are proud of.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Briana Offline
A strong fighter
I can't get enough

Name: Bri

Sober life. - October 31st 2013, 02:22 AM

Wow...hey...it's been awhile!!!

Hello, I am Briana and I am an Alcoholic.

I use to be on this website a year ago (active). Once in awhile, I return to see what is new. Recently, I have entered recovery of alcoholism and addiction. I first started my journey when I found a 'fag' note on my computer at work. My friend introduced me to AA (alcoholics anonymous) and I had a good 4 months under my belt. Unfortunately, because I didn't work the program and steps or have a sponsor or a good chunk of recovery, I relapsed recently. BUT, a good AA friend, named Nick, invited me to go hear him speak at a meeting. He talked about his life and how he entered recovery. I was so inspired that it brought me back to the program, stronger than ever. He introduced me to my sponsor and several good sober friends.

Now, I work the program. I have admitted to myself and others that I am powerless over alcohol. I was drinking heavily. There was no such thing as one drink at a time. I would buy a 6 pack and it would be all gone within 2 hours. I use to steal my mom's vodka at night time, drink until I felt nothing then fill the bottle back up with water, until I turned legal age to buy my own. I kept my room heavily stocked with hidden alcohol. Always had rum handy. It had gotten to the point where I was taking swishes of alcohol in the morning before going into work, just to be okay. I stock piled my pain killers from past surgeries and if I needed a mood lifter, I would take a pill.

Luckily, I gave all those pills to my friend and no longer have those. I can tell you, the first month of sobriety is the hardest and the ultimate test. You have to want a sober life, to accomplish it.

But, I am living proof, that it is possible to be okay again. I am now on Ativan and Effexor for my anxiety and depression. I am living a sober life. And, to be honest life is so much happier and clearer without any alcohol. I love my life and I love my sponsor and family (plus I get along better with them) and my AA support team and friends.

Things do get better, once you take action and admit that you need help.

Much love. x

"We accept the love we think we deserve."
"In that moment, I swear, we were Infinite."
"There's an I in Illness
and a We in Wellness."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Sober life. - October 31st 2013, 02:33 AM

You are doing SO well. Sometimes I see your statuses on Facebook and always feel so happy for you. I know you'll continue to do well and stay sober, you're doing awesome.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

Re: Sober life. - November 7th 2013, 02:47 PM

Hi, you are doing an amazing job at recovery! Please keep it up, you're too much a wonderful person with so much potential to throw it away over alcohol. You can keep doing, be strong; be fearless. You can do this, Briana.

If you ever feel like breaking down, you can always come back to Teen Help and talk to us. I'm glad you already have a great support system in real life.

Closed Thread