TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Recovery Stories Recovery can be a long and difficult path, and we may forget to rejoice in our accomplishments. Share your recovery stories here, from self harm, to drug, or alcohol addictions, and anything else you are proud of.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Sincerely, thank you. - March 3rd 2019, 05:34 PM

Iíll keep this succinct because I could really write about this for pages and pages.

A Google search one afternoon, led me here. I was in a very dark place, desperate for help and an outlet. At the time I was very guarded and severely lacked confidence.

With hesitance, I took temporary solace in reading the forums and for the first time found people who felt as I did. The weight of alienation instantly lifted off my shoulders and I felt empowered to share my problems with the community. The warmth and care that I was welcomed with blew me away.

I started to make emotional connections with people in a way I absolutely would not have done offline. Relationships that truly impacted my life and helped me alter my path.

Time went on and my situation improved, breaking damaging cycles with the support of the community here. But you still feel as though you have a place, a duty and a support structure here for those wobbles.

Beyond my own problems, a sense of purpose and confidence rose inside as I was able to help others in the way theyíd been able to help me.

Volunteering for staff was an extremely proud moment for me at the time. Retrospectively I donít think I truly understood the values and lessons it was teaching me for later life.

My TH journey started 15 years ago. It wasnít an easy one. But I was empowered to come through a circle of destruction to becoming a better person and a valuable member of the community. Years on and an occasional poster. Iím married with our own home and lucky enough to have a fantastically successful career. Most importantly, Iím happy.

If I hadnít stumbled across TeenHelp that afternoon, who knows where Iíd be now. Iíd be willing to bet no where good.

So, thanks TeenHelp.

Thanks for all you do.

You make a difference.

Never forget it.

5 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Sincerely, thank you. - March 3rd 2019, 11:04 PM

Hey there,

It's always so nice to hear from past users who received help from our site. I believe I remember you from back when you were on staff and a bit more active. I don't think we ever talked a ton though.

I am glad that you ended up finding Teenhelp and benefiting from the support you received. I am glad to hear that things are going better for you. If you ever feel like coming back and volunteering we'd love to have you!

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Sincerely, thank you. - March 4th 2019, 10:59 AM

This is so touching to read. <3

It really is amazing how TeenHelp can be a such a safe place for those going through dark times and even the occasional wobble. It's lovely to hear how TeenHelp has helped you and that you made long lasting and life changing relationships. And most definitely agree about the gift of being able to give back and help others.

Thank you for sharing this with us

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Sincerely, thank you. - March 5th 2019, 05:08 PM

I am so glad to hear that TH has helped you so much and has made a difference in your life. <3 I really appreciate you posting this.

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
Closed Thread