TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Louisa

Angry mom if you really want to know heres why. - June 26th 2012, 03:49 PM

you wonder why i dont want to talk to you, why my answers are simple 'i dont know' or a shrug of the shoulders. how can you wonder why i dont tell you ANYTHNG anymore?

Im sick and tired of you mom. How can you say your ashamed to call me your daughter but tell me you love me in the same sentance? it dosent work. Every time we go out you get compliments on how well behave your kids are. Never once have i had a bad school report or a bad word said about me by my teachers. I have plenty of friends, i dont smoke, do drugs, got to parties every weekend like most kids my age. Never been in trouble with the police, never had a fight. Ashamed to call me your daughter because i have a problem with one person who just happens to be your friends child. One person who i refuse to stay in the same room as, be civilised to and pretend vto, and lets face it, usually i bite my tounge when shes around because otherwise you would slap me silly. I forgive people that hurt me. Whats your problem with that? I forgive people who turn out to be genuinlly sorry. I dont like holding grudges. how dare you expect an explaination from me when your sat calling me a bitchy cow. Saying how discrased you are with me because i dont want to be in the house when tyou have to look after her. Trying to tell me what i think and feel. No. you dont live in my brain. I dont hold a grude simply because she 'attacked my boyfriend' nor the fact she insulted my sexuality. No, i hold such a personal grudge because she told me i was a horrible sister. That my brothers hate me. That im a cow who only cares about herself. She told me my brothers wish i was dead and that i was a fat ugly bitch. The fact she tried to turn the fact she started all the problems with my dad hating my boyfriend and now i dare not have him over because she decided to be a spoilt brat because she didnt have my undivided attention. Maybe its something to do with the fact you always have run to her defence, you back her corner and dig at me for everything. You belive her so easily even though most of its lies. You say im a terrible person mom, you cant work out why i can forgive people who have caused me problemsin the past. Im sure its becuase you taught me to be the bigger person. those people never attacked me on such a personal level. I dont care if you call me fat or ugly, if you say im a cow or that no one likes me. They never bring people i love into it though. You never chose the other side with them.
Your ashamed to call me your child? Swap me then, your always being told that other moms wish they had a kid as polite, well manners and well behaved as me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: mom if you really want to know heres why. - June 26th 2012, 10:32 PM

Good for you for standing up for yourself and realizing your worth, even though she doesnt seem to.

http://strigidaeofchrono.deviantart.com/
"Setting boundaries is not a more sophisticated way of manipulation - although some people will say they are setting boundaries, when in fact they are attempting to manipulate. The difference between setting a boundary in a healthy way and manipulating is: when we set a boundary we let go of the outcome."

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am Human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

Colonel Meow

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Re: mom if you really want to know heres why. - July 1st 2012, 02:28 PM

Hey Louisa

I am so sorry that you are going through this. But chin up, every problem comes with a solution.

I'd like to encourage you to talk to your mom about it. It would be better if you could write her a letter. Make sure that you are calm and you don't accuse her for anything. Writing a letter will give you a chance to get all your points across without being interrupted.

Does your mom have any reason to care about this person so much? Maybe you should try finding out about it because the way she is behaving with her own kid, I think that there has to be a strong reason behind it. Try to get to know her reasons. And then try to work out an agreement over it. You can both come to an understanding and make some compromises for each other's sake.

Also, have you considered talking to this person about all this? I know that you hate them but it seems like they are here to be. So why not try and make an effort? You can spend some time with them doing stuff that you both like. Basically just bond over stuff. It might just improve your relationship with her.

Good luck with everything!

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Closed Thread