TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Wow, honestly? - July 20th 2012, 02:11 PM

So. We just got a new kitten and she meows at night. She was getting better. Well my boyfriend goes down the stair and comes back up (6:00am btw, so I'm obviously sleeping) and says "I'm about to throw that fucking thing out the window"

We got into a fight about how he's been up listening to her for an hour and blah blah blah. I told him not to take it out on me. And by this poin we have raised voices. And he said "you would be a little pissy too if you didn't get any sleep" to which I replied "yeah but I wouldn't fucking take it out on you"

Jesus fucking Christ. I'm annoyed because he always gets so mad at the littlest things. And it really gets to me. Then sometimes I get the attitude and the rage. It honestly just... Hurts.

And it's getting old.

Fuck.

Send a message via AIM to Just Peachy. Send a message via MSN to Just Peachy.  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
EmisaurusRex Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Em

Re: Wow, honestly? - July 20th 2012, 04:39 PM

Is there a room you guys could put her in at night where you wouldn't be able to hear her upstairs? And ok, this is going to sound really dumb, but one time we got these two kittens that were really really really little and had been taken away from their mom when they were only a few days old. So, we had to put a lot into taking care of them because they were so little and still needed a mom. Anyways, they were get sooooo loud at night. We tried putting blankets in with them so they'd feel secure, but it didn't work. One night, one of us got the bright idea to try a car wash mitten (that hadn't been used, for the record.) We turned it inside out so the fluffy side was on the inside. They loved it. Legit. They were never loud at night again. Anyways. Maybe something like that might help her quiet down? I dun know. Just me rambling as usual

Anyways. I think this post is more about the arguing than about the kitten. So. Maybe try talking to him? Maybe you two could sit down, when you are both calm, and come up with some boundaries for when you two are disagreeing. Things like working hard at not raising your voices at each other, not cursing, etc. That way, it's a more even playing field and you two will be able to discuss things more than argue about them. I know his temper doesn't have the longest fuse, but it's worth a shot?

Make sure you're taking good care of yourself lovely. I think the things you told him this morning were things anyone would have said. He certainly didn't handle it in the most mature manner possible. I hope things work out. I know this is kind of a recurring thing and that it really hurts you.

I'm here if you ever need me. Love you!

Great works are performed not by strength, but by perseverance.
PM me anytime <3

Closed Thread