TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PeaceSoundsNice Offline
I like trains
Average Joe

Name: Dawn

Angry Rant About Tumblr - November 12th 2015, 08:31 PM

So I've noticed that there has been a trend going on throughout the internet (but especially on Tumblr) where people get mad at other people for trying to be healthy. I must confess that I don't quite understand it. (It's ironic because I don't eat particularly healthy foods. Just sort of average.)
I can't wrap my head around how someone eating a salad = being a bad person. However, I just left confused and didn't get angry. This was a few weeks ago.
Today, I looked at my dashboard and saw this picture:

Am I the only one who realises how stupid this is? Someone ordered a f**king diet coke! Why are you so upset by this that you have to change their order? I for one drink diet coke. Not because I'm being pretentious, but because I know that obesity problems run in my family and I am trying to avoid them. What if that person was diabetic? You could be responsible for their injury or death! I saw a girl post that she has problems digesting lactose and had to go to the hospital because some bitch at Starbucks gave her a latte with regular milk instead of soy like she asked for!
And don't even get me started on the label "skinny bitches". Here's what people don't seem to get: I have two friends, one who is overweight (let's call her Jessica) and one who is underweight (let's call her Danielle). Both of them have medical conditions that cause them. Jessica doesn't eat McDonald's every day and Danielle doesn't have an eating disorder. Jessica is completely comfortable in her skin and when someone makes fun of her, she tells them to f**k off. Danielle, on the other hand, is extremely self-conscious about her weight and refuses to wear anything revealing because she claims that she "looks like a skeleton". For some reason, though, the same people that get all defensive over "fat shaming" don't even acknowledge "skinny shaming" as a thing because they "deserve to be made fun of" or something.

"When I'm in a pinch, you can save me, and when you're in a pinch, I'll be there for you. Friends."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Re: Angry Rant About Tumblr - November 12th 2015, 09:35 PM

You should probably take everything mentioned on tumblr with a pinch of salt.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Angry Rant About Tumblr - November 12th 2015, 09:46 PM

That picture looks like it originally came off Whisper or the old PostSecret app. Jesus Christ is right about Tumblr. I would also like to point out that Diet Coke is really not much healthier than regular Coke, it may not have the same sugar but it does have other things. But you're right, no one should change an order just because they think it's someone being pretentious. There's nothing wrong with eating healthy, as long as you don't shove it on other people.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Vegemate Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jeremy

Re: Angry Rant About Tumblr - November 13th 2015, 12:04 AM

Tumblr is a place where plus size models etc are popular and they put down anything that's 'skinny' because if you're skinny, you're fat shamming and that's wrong. If you have a healthy lifestyle, that's oppressive to people that are obese and that's not fair to them because they don't look after themselves etc.

The place is just a bunch of hypocrisy.

Closed Thread