TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.
I've been here a while

Name: Violet

I'm really sad about this - June 24th 2016, 01:40 AM

I had a tablet that I stored data on it, things like writings, poems, thoughts, vents, pictures, screenshots, downloaded pdfs of things I wanted to read, email drafts with links I planned to send to myself, lists of things and more.

On Tuesday evening I was upset, things were hard at home. I decided to go out and wonder off in the city. I wondered about and ended up someplace that I stayed for a few hours before going home. I was starting to cheer up.

When I came home I got anxious again. I also had a headache from the humidity. I decided to lay down. At one point I got really anxious. I think I was dozing off and started thinking about certain things and it got me really worked up. I started kicking everything off my bed (my bed had a few clothes from the morning that i hadn't put away yet) I thought it was all things that I wouldnt mind pushing off my bed. Turns out my tablet was somehow on my bed too. I kicked it off, not realizing, not looking first to see what it was. As it fell, it hit a wooden coffee table. Now the screen is this blurry white-ish green.

Things are still bad at home and I tend to use my tablet as an escape, such as reading the articles. i have my laptop but I was first given this laptop when it was at least a decade old and been using it for a few years now. It has quite a few problems and I am scared it will crash one day.

I don't know if I will be able to retrieve the data. I am upset because i had a feeling my tablet was slowing down and had started deleting apps like google drive because it took up too much space. Over the last 2 years (I think that's how long I've had it for) I had deleted apps. I basically only had my yahoo email, skype, and all the built in apps. I also disabled the games. Anything to preserve it. I was also sending the pdfs, pictures, notes etc to my email and then deleting them but it takes up so much time and thought I could do it later. Guess I can't now.

What I'm most frustrated about is the drafts folder. I had a draft folder that I was saving things in and was planning to eventually send them to myself. These were personal notes and things. At one point I realized that the draft folder on my tablet was not syncing with the drafts folder on a pc or any other device. I had started sending those emails to myself but did not finish doing so. If I had only known this was coming

It's just that I get attached to things-that probably sounds so materialistic. But I have all sorts of collections and things that I keep. Okay it can be seen as hoading but I find value in like many things people find trashy. The things on my tablet though took a really long time to accumalate and I really was looking through those things-it's not like I just let it sit there and ignored it. I was reading articles and learning new things, thinking about life and challenging myself which was helping me cope.

Everytime I think about doing an arts and crafts project I think back to the tablet and wish I remembered some of the things i had down there. It is all so vague because I never really tried to like memorize it nor was I reading the same things repitively. It was a causal thing and I regret it.
I know I've been wanting to make bracelets, dolls, handmade toys and games and mental health soothing box. But I just dont feel up to it anymore until I know exactly
Now I feel like memorizing everything in case something like this happens again!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Spoons Offline
Too tired to give a fork.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: I'm really sad about this - June 26th 2016, 06:24 PM

I'd be really sad about that too. I am so sorry to hear that your tablet has broken and that you don't really have anything else that you can use, but I really hope that you are able to retrieve some of the data. I think it is valid to be upset over this, since one tablets are expensive and two you did have important things on it and used it as an escape. It's an important way of saving documents too.

I really hope you're able to retrieve the data.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: I'm really sad about this - June 27th 2016, 07:15 AM

Hey there,
About your data, why don't you take it to the store where you bought it. Often for a reasonable rate, they can retrieve data.
Or if you've backed it onto iCloud, or the cloud service for your tablet?
Hope this helps, and you can retrieve data

Closed Thread