TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Malik

I'm in a very serious panic situation, without anybody to help whatsoever! - July 4th 2016, 02:19 AM

I wasn't sure where to put this thread, but anyway...

On the morning of July 1st, my Twitter account was hacked completely and I can't log in at all; my username, password, and email address are all changed. While conducting business like I regularly did, a stray click on a link resulted in my whole account being hacked. I didn't know it was a scam and that the link was fake until it was too late.

Within an hour, I managed to locate the account that got hacked. It is now changed into an account that is advertising and trying to sell high-end things to people while running a scam.

I contacted Twitter support almost immediately. And several times to the same email case. They have not responded to anything and it is taking way too long and it is frustrating me and causing lots of stress as well as depression. I need my twitter account. It is very well built and is very important to me. The customer support team won't respond and it's really bad. Every second counts; the longer this goes on, the more damage the hackers can do to my account.

Within hours, the hackers have started to not only scam people with my account, but they are removing tweets, deleting stuff, and following/unfollowing people at random and removing people that I follow out of my following list. I have no way to get these actions stopped. I don't want to lose my followers. I don't want to lose my tweets.

Watching these things happen are causing me to cry, and in all honesty because I feel helpless and Twitter support won't respond and the hackers are doing things to my account with no way of stopping it I felt like I had to let out a loud scream because bad things are happening to my profile with no way of stopping it. I am locked out of the account and I can't access it at all. I don't trust the hackers actions on my account. It is causing me a lot of pain on the inside. I need serious counseling because twitter support is acting deaf despite multiple people reporting the account as hacked. And I'm in so much physiological trauma by this I can't sleep especially while not knowing how long twitter will take to at least lock the account until the account can be secured and returned. A lack of proper counseling makes it worse. I don't have anyone nearby but my parents and they are getting extremely mad and making me feel worse because I'm in so much pain I feel like crying. The twitter support is taking way too long and a lot of unrepairable damage to my account would potentially have occurred. I'm lost on what to do.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: I'm in a very serious panic situation, without anybody to help whatsoever! - July 5th 2016, 12:46 AM

Having an account hacked sounds awful...I'm really sorry that this has happened to you!

I don't know a lot about how tech support is - but I do know sometimes it takes a while for them to get to people. Especially on big companies such as these.

Have you let some of your friends know that this has happened - and maybe ask them to report your account as hacked? If enough people do it I think it could get taken care of a little more well!

I think it's also important to remember that it's just a twitter account that you can recreate. Maybe try posting on other social media sites stating that your account was hacked and that you're trying to get it fixed but that it could take a little while, or end up in you creating a new account.

Creating a new account might even be easier than recovering the old one, since they've changed the name and all of that kind of stuff.

I hope you hear something back soon!

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Malik

Re: I'm in a very serious panic situation, without anybody to help whatsoever! - July 11th 2016, 05:49 AM

I don't want to start from scratch because my status and my progress is very important to me. The other day, they tweeted very racist things as well as hate speech and threats on my account, causing the account to get completely suspended and I am still persistently trying to contact the support team. I'm in a very uncomfortable situation and I feel freaked out. I don't want to lose my whole account. I have no idea why the used my account to not only scam people but also post racist and violent stuff and also set the account to send automated messages to people, containing things of a sexual and violent nature. And half of this was done through a third party application that I didn't even connect to my account. I need so much help because an account hacking has ruined me. My account meant a lot to me especially since it was built up for over a year.

Closed Thread