TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Why Me? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f31-why-me/)
-   -   I'm just a total failure (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f31-why-me/t147466-im-just-total-failure/)

Elle_94 September 15th 2016 10:20 AM

I'm just a total failure

Hi guys

So I'm at a point in life at the moment in which changes are happening frequently and rapidly. I finished sixth form in June, which marked the end of 7 years of studying at my high school as I stayed on to do Further education there too. I'm starting University next week, and I've been looking for part time work to do alongside it, so have started a new job.

To be honest, I'm shocked that I am going to university next week as my a level grades turned out to be a complete joke despite the fact i worked hard throughout the year. I managed to get two Bs in English and Psychology but in Biology, I only just scrapped a D grade :(

The job hunting hasn't exactly been a massive success either. I have a cleaning job at the moment at a chip shop (great, right?) But I know the only reason I've got the job is because nobody else wants it and there's no one else to do it. And I know I'm rubbish at the job too and I let the team down because I do things wrong all the time and I can't keep up to speed with things. I just feel so crap about it. Like, I'm actually so shit that I can't even excel in a position as a cleaner, one of the least skilled jobs there is. I applied at McDonald's, and didn't even manage to get an interview. I had an interview at a Bowling alley but I didn't get the job there either. I've applied at Pizza hut and Tesco and KFC and all sorts and gotten nowhere. I just feel like a total, utter failure and like I'm going absolutely nowhere in life. Everything I try to do I just seem to fail at. Even if I did get better a level grades and had got hired by one of the places I applied to, then I'd still be fat, I'd still have no friends apart from my dog and no real interests other than watching films alone all day and playing pokemon go occasionally.

I try so hard to get where I want to be but I just feel completely stuck. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance :)

Skyline September 15th 2016 11:25 AM

Re: I'm just a total failure

I'm sorry you feel this way, I imagine it's extremely frustrating and discouraging to not see any apparent success after all of your efforts. I don't really have any advice because I'm still in high school and haven't had to go out into the bigger world, but I can say that the fact you can't get a job is likely not your fault. Sure, someone with straight A's would be more likely to get hired than you, but since these were extremely simple jobs you could do them just as well as anyone else. Except for the cleaning apparently, but don't feel bad about it, many people are just not good at cleaning and tidying (like myself.)

Sorry I dont have any advice :( just keep trying and eventually you'll get something and you'll work your way up.

SirJordan September 15th 2016 11:47 AM

Re: I'm just a total failure

It's a difficult time for people to find jobs at the moment, but you will get there soon enough. My older brother has just started uni and went through the same thing. Most decent jobs these days require experience and its difficult to get that.

Just hang in there, you're stuck in a bit of a rut and feel a bit sorry for yourself. Something will pop up work wise soon enough.

As for feeling fat. Try doing some more exercise, it makes you feel better when you start to notice the difference in weight and body shape.