TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Why Me? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f31-why-me/)
-   -   Feeling down. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f31-why-me/t149643-feeling-down/)

Calaer January 25th 2017 06:16 PM

Feeling down.

For the past year or so, I've tried so hard to improve myself. I've focused on getting my anxiety to a manageable level, I've tried hard on becoming stronger, spiritually and mentally. It has honestly taken a lot out of me, and I truly thought I was doing better, but today I was told I'm apparently not making any progress at all. I feel so defeated.

I truly thought I was doing better, and I worked so hard. Truly so hard. I just feel like I'm at a loss, and I honestly just want to give up on it all. I wish there was a way to physically see the progress I've made, and in reality there isn't, so I sorta rely on feed back from others to see how far I've come, and clearly that didn't do me any good.

I can't explain this feeling. Hopeless. I just feel hopeless.

.Brittany. January 25th 2017 11:20 PM

Re: Feeling down.

Hi there Ade,

I know how hard it is to try and be a stronger person both mentally and spiritually. I have struggled since I was very young and it took me YEARS to get my feet back on the ground. It will take a while, I'm not going to lie. However, do not give up. It will happen, and when it does you will be a much happier and stronger person.

Are you on medication to help balance the chemicals in your brain? Or have you talked to a doctor?

Stay strong,
Brittany

luckiicloverxx January 26th 2017 09:50 AM

Hey Ade,

Honestly, whether or not you think you are improving is the most important thing. It dictates your entire mindset, and you should not let the opinions of others hamper your progress, especially if they're people you see regularly. The minor differences you make in your life and to yourself will not be noticeable to people that you see regularly, and you would be the more reliable judge in an area such as anxiety, given that it affects you so personally.

Please don't give up. You and I both know you've already come so far from before.

Please feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk,

Kyra

Calaer January 27th 2017 02:52 AM

Thanks guys. It means a lot, also no. I don't like taking many medications. I've had so much trouble with my health lately that I've also had to be very selective when choosing what to take.

DeletedAccount16 January 27th 2017 04:39 AM

Hi, Ade!

I'm sorry to hear about what people have said to you, and how it has made you feel. It can be discouraging to hear negative remarks.

Do you think you're making progress? No matter how small, progress is progress and it's wrong that other people are telling you how much progress you are making. Only you can notice that because progress can be small and subtle, but important and incredible nonetheless. The fact that you are working on recovery is progress.

I know it can be upsetting to have these sort of things pointed out, true or not, but I want to encourage you to continue working toward recovery. Take it one step at a time and at your own pace. Simply trying is making progress, and it'll take awhile but there will be improvements. Just don't give up, okay? You cannot always see progress with your own eyes because it starts within.

Focus on your accomplishments and write down every bit of progress each day - even if you simply challenged a negative thought, or did a bit of house cleaning despite wanting to stay in bed all day, or went to the store even though your anxiety was challenging that day. It all counts and it all contributes. Stay strong and take care, and always remember that you can do this. We're here with support anytime you need.

Calaer January 27th 2017 02:34 PM

Thanks for all the lovely support. You guys have honestly made me feel a lot better than what I was feeling. :) Glad to know I have support here even when I don't always have it here on my end.

DeletedAccount24 January 27th 2017 05:23 PM

I'm sorry people have been so critical of you and the progress you've made. It's all what you make of it, remember that! Nobody's opinions matters but your own. You believe in your heart that you've made progress and that's all that matters! People have various levels of expectations, but that does not mean you've failed or anything like that. :hug: