TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raphael

Fire in the dorms?????? - April 11th 2017, 01:30 AM

Yesterday I was out and about with some friends, when I came back to my apartment dorms there was the police and the fire department there and the alarm was going off and everyone in the building was outside. I thought it was the typical alarm going off as usual but the fire fighters were going up the fire stairs!! To my floor!!! And all I could think about is, my roommate left for the weekend and we both left our cats in the apartment!!! Where there's a fire!!! On our exact floor!!!
So I called my mom and was on the phone with her for a while. I saw the fire department were in the apartment next to ours!! And there was water dripping out from that apartment. By the time I arrived there it was around 8:45pm and by the end of the conversation with my mom it was about 10pm.
My mom told me to call a friend and see if I can stay inside their place while everything dies down. Plus I really needed to pee and there was no public bathrooms anywhere.
I didn't know who to call so I called one friend. They told me just to calm down and go somewhere beyond campus to find a bathroom, so it wasn't really helpful. I called another friend who lives in the high rise dorm next to my apartment dorm and they let me in. We talked about what was happening and I was still so worried about the cats. They gave me some tea and their roommates talked to me too and reassured me that everything was fine. I checked 3 times to see if I could get the fire or police department to grab the cats. The RAs I spoke to were hush hush about what was happening!! I said That's the apartment next to mine!! It's my floor!! It's the cats!! And they're like sorry can't do anything just stay out the building.
By the time I last checked if everything is good to go back inside it was midnight. But here's the thing, the alarm was still going off!! So I rushed back into my apartment, which had water damage from all the water flooding from the sprinklers in the other apartment, and checked on the cats. They were both so spooked!! My room reeked of cat pee because when my cat is scared he pees. Because the alarm was still flashing both cat's were so on edge. I wanted to bring both cats to the same room with me for comfort but my dormmate's cat didn't want to go out their room with me so I left him in his room and kept trying to comfort my cat but he was so transfixed by the flashing alarm that he was all puffed up and everything. By now it was 2am and I was dead tired.
I cleaned up some of the cat's pee and went to bed but I fell asleep with the alarm lights still flashing. It was so not pleasant and I felt so bad for the cats. I woke up at 5am and I think the alarm just turned off because when I woke around 3am for a brief minute it was still going off. My cat seemed ok too so maybe it turned off a few short minutes ago and I fed him and fell back to sleep and i still saw the flashing lights in my closed eyes even though it wasn't flashing anymore.
Now I have to email the housing business office because the floor is starting to drip and become more fragile and they're not going to fix the apartment this summer because my dormmate's not moving out for the summer but this shouldn't be our responsibility!! It's not even our fault it's the fault of the people in the other apartment!! It's such a hassle and the water damage cleaners left some big loud machines that spook the cats as well. This situation is so overwhelming on top of all the things I'm handling right now!! AAAhhhhhhh!!!!!

THE POINT OF SINGULARITY IS NOTHING AS NOTHING BEGAN EVERYTHING
PULSING IN THE EXPAND CONSUME WITHOUT BARRIER OR BORDER
IT IS DARK BECAUSE IT IS THE DARKNESS IT IS OVER BECAUSE IT IS THE END
THERE IS NO SENTRY BECAUSE NONE DARE APPROACH
IT HAS NEVER BEEN AND IT IS ALL THAT EVER WAS
AT THE CENTER YOU DO NOT FIND THE ANSWER
YOU DO NOT FIND YOURSELF THERE IS NO CENTER AND THERE IS NO YOU THERE IS ONLY MADNESS
WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Spoons Offline
Too tired to give a fork.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Fire in the dorms?????? - April 12th 2017, 01:24 AM

Ugh, that's so frustrating! We aren't allowed pets besides fish but we had water damage in our dorm due to sprinklers going off and they fixed things almost instantly by replacing ceiling tiles and putting in those heat fan things to dry the carpets.

I'd talk to the hall director directly if your RA isn't willing to talk to you about things. I'd say that if your floors are becoming fragile that'd be a safety hazard. plus there is the issue of mold, etc, so that's a health hazard.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raphael

Re: Fire in the dorms?????? - April 12th 2017, 04:16 AM

We're not allowed pets either but both mines and my dormmate's cats are emotional support pets who are like service animals but not certified. We have it cleared through the disabilities office.
I mean, the water damage inspectors have been here and they just the giant fans and machine going that barely let me have a good night's rest.
The thing is my dormmate directly talked to housing, like the department that handles all about the dorms and everything, and they just said the floors are safe without even knowing anything!! Some people have been displaced by the damage!! Who knows if they determine that our area is not ok to live in?? I have asthma so if mold occurs it's gonna be bad!! And then my dormmate's cat has breathing problems!! This is not taken care of!! They don't care!! smh

THE POINT OF SINGULARITY IS NOTHING AS NOTHING BEGAN EVERYTHING
PULSING IN THE EXPAND CONSUME WITHOUT BARRIER OR BORDER
IT IS DARK BECAUSE IT IS THE DARKNESS IT IS OVER BECAUSE IT IS THE END
THERE IS NO SENTRY BECAUSE NONE DARE APPROACH
IT HAS NEVER BEEN AND IT IS ALL THAT EVER WAS
AT THE CENTER YOU DO NOT FIND THE ANSWER
YOU DO NOT FIND YOURSELF THERE IS NO CENTER AND THERE IS NO YOU THERE IS ONLY MADNESS
WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Fire in the dorms?????? - April 14th 2017, 02:08 AM

Your cats would have probably been even more spooked if some firefighter went in there with a gas mask on trying to pick them up.

It's probably better that you got to handle them yourself, since they probably trust you.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Spoons Offline
Too tired to give a fork.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Fire in the dorms?????? - April 16th 2017, 01:28 AM

There's always a chain of command. I agree with the mold thing as someone with asthma who used to have it so bad that even dust would set it off. I'm not sure who would be the boss of the housing department, but I'd take it up the chain of command if needed. I'd also take pictures as evidence.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread