TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

F**k slim fit - June 18th 2017, 06:13 PM

For real, I've got to get this out of me.

The last time I managed to buy myself a pair of ordinary full-length trousers for jogging, that fit me, was like 4 fucking years ago. Slazenger.

I rarely go out of my way to shop for clothes, instead I just do it here and there when I have a bit of spare time while waiting for someone somewhere (for example). But today I took a whole day out just to walk around shops and find something that fits.

Guess what I found after 6 hours and checking out about 10 different shops? Sweet fucking fuck all.

Every damn shit I tried on, is "slim fit" or "skinny". Although I'm not overweight, I've always had naturally big legs. I can't even get the top half of the trousers on the bottom half of my leg. And it looks like a fucking pair of leggings.

If I wanted to buy leggings, I'd buy fucking leggings.

My legs aren't any bigger today than 3 years ago, or 6 years ago. Just the damned "fashion" has changed. What's more, most guys I know don't even wear this "slim fit" shit because it shows through the fabric every time you get an erection.

I swear, the next time I find a pair of trousers that fit me in a shop, I'm buying the whole fucking mall while I'm at it.

Oh yeah... one more thing, I said earlier that these are jogging trousers. Imagine jogging in this shit. No air circulation. Would cook like a fucking microwave. Who thinks up this shit? I want to punch them. Besides, the same goes for Jeans, and every other type of trousers. I can't even imagine the rash that people are willing put up with on their thighs. In the summer too?!

Sunday wasted. I'd have felt more accomplished if I spent the time bent over backwards trimming the hair growing out of my ass.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Last edited by .:Bibliophile:.; June 18th 2017 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Adding a non pg-13 prefix and editing the title

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: F**k slim fit - June 18th 2017, 10:02 PM

I have this problem with skinny jeans. It's not as big of an issue now...because I think they are as popular...but a few years ago every time I'd try a pair of pants on they would be skinny jeans. I have thicker thighs and so skinny jeans are really funny looking on me and even if they are my size they don't always fit.

It's one of the most annoying things in regards to shopping for clothing.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Last edited by Spoons; June 19th 2017 at 02:42 AM. Reason: This one still needed to be starred. :)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: F**k slim fit - June 22nd 2017, 06:00 AM

I was actually having the same type of convo with a coworker a couple months ago. It's insane how much sizes have changed, but also different sizes in different countries, or even different stores!

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière

I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: F**k slim fit - June 22nd 2017, 12:48 PM

I prefer jeans that are either straight or bootcut but no matter what shop I go to, whether it's at home or the city I study at, I simply cannot find a good pair of jeans. Every shop I walked around was selling some form of skinny jeans. They were even named these random girls names for each type of different version of skinny jeans.

I wish fashion outlets would get it into their heads that not everybody wants to be part of mainstream fashion and that non-skinny jeans are actually in demand too. I spend the most of my time having to buy jeans online worrying if I've got the sizes right because that's the only way I'm able to buy non-skinny jeans.

The last pair of jeans I bought ended up being from Amazon because it was literally the only place I could find that had a good pair of jeans. Other than that, I'm still wearing the jeans I bought 6 years ago because that's how hard it is for me to find a good pair, and that's pretty sad.

Life is for living, not for losing.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: F**k slim fit - June 22nd 2017, 11:51 PM

Sizes are a pain in the butt! Since my mum refuses to let me get into 'plus' I've resorted to stretchy pants. That's perfectly fine with me because I think the more fashionable 'plus' outfits will be fitted. But those are for more proper curves and my curves are just all bunched in my torso.

I wish we could ask for a specific design and fit for our clothes, but that would drive retailers out of business, cost a whole load of money for ourselves, and a lot of time for those who produce our specially-designed outfits.

Closed Thread