TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
anxiouslyawaits Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation Suicidal thoughts? - April 28th 2018, 07:27 AM

I've been struggling with suicidal thoughts for 3 years now and it gets worse off and on. I've been seriously considering offing myself recently & I do think if I don't get help i will try. my mom doesn't like medicine, hospitals or therapists much so I haven't gotten much help since my last hospital stay. I want to tell someone but I don't know how or when. I told my school counselor once and she wanted to section me but my mom said no. I got yelled at the entire way home about how selfish I was for telling her about ridicoulus stuff I "didn't mean."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I can't get enough

Name: Emma

Re: Suicidal thoughts? - April 28th 2018, 02:34 PM

Hello and welcome to teenhelp we are so glad that you have joined. Thank you so much for telling us about this and you have done a wonderful job.

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time right now. When you tell you're mom that you are going through something, we want them to help us right away, not turn the other way and yell at us and not help us. You did a great job telling you're school counselor about this and that you need help. Can you see if you have any teen support groups near you're house that you can go to and go and talk with them about this? Or do you have any at you're school? You can ask you're school counselor.
Do you have any other relatives or family members that are able to help you out with this, so that you can get some help with this. You can keep talking to you're school counselor when you need help. That is what they do, they are always helping out the students with what they are going through and making them feeling better.
Also, try finding things that you like to do going for a walk and you can have music too if you like or put on a funny movie or call a friend to talk with or read or draw. I wish you the best and hope you will be okay soon and you can post more when you need too.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread