TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Flight. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Can't catch a break. - April 9th 2019, 11:54 AM

I'm not usually the one to post about my issues on this site as I prefer to give advice and support everyone but I feel like I need to vent.

I'm just so tired of everything. I'm tired of where I'm working, the people I work with, working 7 days a week and studying. I don't want to do it anymore. I know the simple solution would be to take a break and cut down the amount of hours/days that I work and to find another job. I've tried. All the interviews are generally held during the hours I work and if I keep leaving work to attend interviews for other positions I may not get, they can get rid of me for taking too much time off work. I can't cut down the amount of hours or days I do because I'm saving up buy myself a house and move out and I can't afford to live off my full-time position wage anymore.

These past 2 weeks have been exhausting. Last Sunday, I found out I had head lice from one of the children from work so on Monday I had to go to a head lice salon to get rid of them which cost me unnecessary money, time and stress that could of been avoided. Straight after I went to the doctors and was told I had a UTI. I had a 14 hour shift on Wednesday and on Friday night, I found out I had 3 assignments for University all due on the same day, at the same time. So I spent the weekend working and studying. Yesterday, I went to the doctors again and found out I now have an ear infection so I've started a whole new round of antibiotics after literally finishing a course on Sunday. I don't want to work in the childcare industry anymore. I've had enough but I feel like I'm stuck at the same time.

All I want to do is sleep.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
michaelks Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Can't catch a break. - April 10th 2019, 11:39 AM

Maybe you need for a little vacation? Take a break, fly to HI for a week

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Can't catch a break. - April 10th 2019, 03:00 PM

Sorry to hear that you're so overwhelmed. Do you think you'll be able to take a break from courses over the summer to get a bit of relief from all of the responsibilities?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Flight. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Can't catch a break. - April 11th 2019, 11:03 AM

Thank you for your replies.

I definitely do need a vacation and am planning one for this year. Where to, I'm not sure yet haha. I'm thinking Hong Kong and Japan for about 2.5 weeks.

I'll cut down the amount of units I'm doing for University next semester I think.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Can't catch a break. - April 12th 2019, 01:54 PM

I hope you have a lovely vacation and I'm glad to hear that you're able to make the space for that considering how overwhelmed you are. It'll be nice to disconnect for a few weeks.

You could always just take 1-2 courses just for a semester or two in order to prevent burn out and then increase the course load again, hopefully that'll help. But make sure it won't affect any student aid you're getting.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I can't get enough

Name: Emma

Re: Can't catch a break. - April 12th 2019, 07:04 PM

Hello,
I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with all of this right now and hope that you will be okay soon. You can always say whatever you need to and I hope that writing this helps you too.

You we're saying how you are working 7 days a week and also studying and that's a lot. Would you be able to maybe look for another job where you are not working 7 days a week. Would you be able to look around and see who is hiring and you are only working 5 or 6 days a week and maybe put in an application and see if they could hire you so you are not working every single day. Then this is one less thing to stress about.

I'm also sorry about what happened with the kids and how you ended up getting it to. I don't really know or understand why when kids are sick or they have something going on with them, parents or whoever are taking care of them think it is okay to bring them to school or to different places and then other people get what they have. They should keep the kids at home until they get better and then they can bring the them back out when they are a lot better and than they are not spreading it around. People do not think about this and that other people will get it too.

Would you be able to have someone at the University help you with your homework or all of your assignments for the classes, so you are able to get all of your work done on time. Can you try talking to the teachers who you take the class from or see if they can set you up with somebody or if you can partner up with somebody to help you out with this. This may help take some of the stress off of you.

I hope that you feel better soon, you will be okay soon too and are able to sleep. Sending you Hugs.

Senior HelpLINK Mentor, Forum Moderator, Article Writer and Resource Editor. PM/VM

ďDance is your pulse, your heartbeat, your breathing.
Itís the rhythm of your life.
Itís the expression in time and movement,
in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques díAmbroise

(#7 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount40

Edit avatar

Re: Can't catch a break. - April 13th 2019, 10:11 PM

I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time right now. Hopefully things improve soon.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Spoons Offline
Too tired to give a fork.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Can't catch a break. - April 16th 2019, 11:02 PM

I truly hope you get some relief soon! You deserve it.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Flight. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Can't catch a break. - April 18th 2019, 10:31 AM

Thank you all for replying.

I'm in the process of applying for other jobs and cutting down my studies as well as trying to get through them as quickly as possible.

With the Easter long weekend, I'm definitely going to relax.