TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

A quick rant about Ireland... - May 30th 2009, 05:04 PM

...and it's completely shite public transport.
(Don't worry about trawling through this, by the way, I'm not really writing this to be read...more for my own peace of mind. )

Yesterday I had to wait over an hour for the bus. Over an HOUR.
I'd come into school for the day to study, and at about a quarter past six i decided to head down to the bus stop and finish studying at home. I don't normally bus it home, as I'm more of a train person, but since I was closer to the bus stop I thought ah well, why not, the time difference isn't that big and there's less to walk. I was slightly needing to pee byt the time I got to the bus stop, but reasoned that if the bus came in the next 5 or 10 minutes i could just about hold on til i got home.

This, however, was at twenty five past six... at twenty to eight, when the bus was still nowhere to be seen, I was no longer in happy-bunny mode. Starving hungry, freezing my arse off, and desperately dying for a pee (a warning to all those considering taking the Volvic 1.5 litres a day challenge, by the way) I was also majorly pissed at the fact that i had lost an hour of study time. I could have studied at the bus stop, but sitting on the ground and trying to memorise home economics does NOT work when you need to pee that badly.

I wouldn't mind so much if it was some really obscure never-bus, either, but it was the fucking 45!!!! The fucking 45!!! EVERYONE gets the 45 (apart from obviously the people who live on the 46A route, etc) and although I don't frequent that particular bus very often, I do know that it comes a bit more often than every fucking seventy minutes, like.

I ended up eventually calling my parents to ask could they pick me up and bring me home. I probably could have gotten the train, but the idea of trudging down to the station and not getting home for another hour made me want to cry (plus I was in a helpless victim mood... my parents are being very co-operative with the whole my-Leaving-Cert-is this-week-so-be-nice-to-me shebang. ) And, of course, as soon as I had hung up, with chattering teeth and numb fingers (Yes, yesterday was blazing hot...but not in the shady parts of the street) a big 45 bus came happily trundling down the road. I was tempted to give it the finger as its fat arse drove away, but i was too cold.

So. The one good consequence of this terribly traumatic experience is that I have finally decided who I shall give my first legal vote to this Friday. ANY politician I can find from ANY party who is willing to do ANYTHING about the ridiculous public transport cutbacks.

Hmm...this rant wasn't so quick in the end. Sorry guys. I'm vented out now.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
wanderlust Offline
zz
Junior TeenHelper

Re: A quick rant about Ireland... - May 30th 2009, 06:42 PM

dont even talk to me about the buses here!!! talk about a fricking law unto themselves!!

its like all the busdrivers hate their jobs and just want to drag everyone down with them. Im in the country so our buses follow an actual timeable(not just turning up every 5 or 10 mins..) sometimes they just dont show up! or show up really early so you arrive just in time to see them leave.

and they wonder why we all drive ...hmph.

A single thread in a tapestry
Through its color brightly shine
Can never see its purpose
In the pattern of the grand design

(#3 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: A quick rant about Ireland... - May 30th 2009, 09:21 PM

sorry to sound weird, but can you post more rants? they're so entertaining to read.

sorry about your traumatic public transport experience. the public transport around where i live is actually not too bad so i can't really complain, but when the train drivers go on strike thats more than a tad annoying..

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

Closed Thread