TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

(#1 (permalink)) Old
sadly Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I cant go on - March 1st 2020, 05:14 PM

Hi, so recently I've been struggling a lot. I've been struggling with life so much. I cant keep up in school, nobody likes me, I have no friends. Every night before school I spend hours crying at the thought of going in just to be laughed at. I just dont see the point in life. I honestly don't know why I'm still here. I'm sorry. I dont know why but I know that this is all my fault somehow. I feel like I cant tell anyone, since I honestly trust nobody at this point, even myself, so I came to this fourm to at least tell someone.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I can't get enough

Name: Emma

Re: I cant go on - March 2nd 2020, 12:36 AM

Hello and welcome to teenhelp! It is wonderful that you have joined. Thank you so much for sharing all of this with us and you did a great job finding help on website.

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with all of this right now and I hope that you will be okay soon.

You we're talking about how you are having a hard time keeping up in school, is the work too hard for you or are you finding that it is hard to understand it when you are reading all of this to know what you have to do? Would you be able to talk to you're teachers and let them know that you are having a hard time? This way they can help you out and get you a tutor to help you so that you are able to do the school work. Would you be able to try talking to the people who are in you're classes and ask if you can join them for lunch?

The school counselors at school know about everything that we as teenagers are going through. Sometimes it is hard to open up to someone, would you be able to write a letter and give it to them and then try talking about all of this and everything else that is happening? Can you try talking to you're teachers and ask them to put you next to the student who are nice and try talking to them and asking if you can hang out with them? I know that it can be hard to talk to someone, be brave. You can do it, you are a lovely person. I hope that you will be okay soon. Hugs

Senior HelpLINK Mentor, Forum Moderator, Article Writer and Resource Editor. PM/VM

ďDance is your pulse, your heartbeat, your breathing.
Itís the rhythm of your life.
Itís the expression in time and movement,
in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques díAmbroise

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Flight. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: I cant go on - March 2nd 2020, 04:10 AM

Hello there and I also welcome you to Teenhelp! If you need anything, feel free to message.

I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through at the moment. Is there a possibility you can talk to someone about this, such as your parents, sibling or school counsellor? They might be able to help you by listening to your thoughts and feelings as well as deciding on what to do.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: I cant go on - March 4th 2020, 05:41 PM

Welcome to TeenHelp

I'm so sorry to hear how much you are struggling with school, having no friends, being laughed at, not keeping up with the work. That's an awful lot to be dealing with, more so when you feel you can't tell anyone about it. I'm really glad you reached out to us on TeenHelp though, and I hope it has helped a bit.

How long have you been feeling this way for? Has there been anything in particular that's caused you to feel that you don't trust others, have no friends etc? I remember when I was younger, I really struggled with the transition between primary and secondary school. I had no friends and got picked on, and I would often cry before and after school. This lasted for a while, because unbeknownst to me, I may have been an undiagnosed autistic.

Have you talked to your teachers about feeling that you can't keep up in school? They might not realise that you are struggling, but it's worth talking to them as they can try to help you more.

The same goes for not having any friends and feeling no-one likes you. That's an awful thing to experience, but try to remember that none of this is your fault. You are a good person, regardless of these things. You just need to find your tribe, and they are out there! What hobbies and interests do you have? Maybe there are some clubs or groups inside or outside of school that you can join, so that you can take part in things you enjoy and get to meet other potential friends with similar interests as you.

When you say you cry at the thought of others laughing at you...is this something you have experienced or is this something you worry about happening? Sometimes, when we feel bad about ourselves, we may worry that everyone is laughing at us or judging us, but sometimes this isn't true- it's a reflection of how we feel. If you are being laughed at, then it can help to tell the teacher about what's going on and try to avoid the people who are laughing at you.

You don't have to go through this alone. It can feel much worse dealing with things on your own, and it can feel a bit better by talking to someone you trust. Do you have any family members or a particular teacher you feel close to that you could start opening up to? It can be very scary talking about things, so you might also find it helpful to write things down and share it with the person instead. If possible, you might also want to talk to your school counsellor- they might be able to help you manage difficult emotions and build up trust and confidence in yourself and others.

Hope this helps a bit and you are more than welcome to continue using the forums, or Live Help and HelpLINK if you feel it is helpful

HelpLINK/Live Help Officer | Click here to volunteer