TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Why Me? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f31-why-me/)
-   -   COVID (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f31-why-me/t161015-covid/)

Maleficent December 27th 2020 10:30 PM

COVID

So as some of you know, Iíve tested positive for COVID. I just donít understand why I did. I took all precautions, wore my mask and maintained a 6 foot distance with everyone. Why me?

sauorkan December 27th 2020 10:40 PM

Re: COVID

I'm so sorry, Court. :hug:

RiviŤre December 27th 2020 10:55 PM

Oh geez. D: I hope you're going to be ok! :hug: :(

I think one of the biggest problems at the moment, is that we're all so focused on maintaining 2+ metres of distance, wearing a mask etc. However Covid has been found to linger on surfaces such as metals and plastics after quite some time.

According to an article written by the BBC, the virus lingers on bank notes and glass between 2-3 days, and on metal and plastics for up to 6 days. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54500673

You may have touched something that may have had lingering particles of Coronavirus. Given it may have been there for quite some time, you may have touched your mouth or face, or even improperly washed/sanatised your hands during this time. Think back to whom and what you've interacted with in the past 10-14 days. It'll be impossible for you to have thought of every possible way to protect yourself. You couldn't have known. You did the best you could with what you thought you were doing right.

The only thing you can do now is rest yourself. Fingers (and toes!) crossed you make a swift recovery!

Golfing girl December 28th 2020 12:10 AM

Hi Court,

I'm so sorry about this and hope that you will be okay soon. Try not to Google anything about this because it is going to upset you and we do not want this to happen. It was already said, try to get a lot of rest if you can. If you are able to find different things that can help you to pass the time and also help you out, try doing that. For example reading or drawing or putting on a funny TV show or movie or calling a friend or family member and talk some if you can or something else that you enjoy doing that will help to pick you up and hopefully it will make you feel better. Try to stay calm with this and I hope that you will feel better soon. Sending you Hugs to help you.

Dusk. December 28th 2020 12:28 AM

I'm so sorry to hear. :hug:

I hope you're OK.

Celyn December 28th 2020 10:33 AM

Sorry to hear you have coronavirus. Must be awful and frustrating when you've done all that you could to try to prevent it. Hope you get plenty of rest and feel better soon :hug:

Maleficent December 28th 2020 06:52 PM

Thanks for your support everyone :hug:

DeletedAccount53 December 28th 2020 09:31 PM

Hey Court, my heart goes out to you and as one who got infected at the beginning of this year and my sister also, be brave and please don't look at any news online because it will not be helpful. You are now in my prayers and that of my family.

If it is possible, take your doctor's advice over the phone or call a close friend or family member. The latter, do check in with them every day if possible because your loved ones' words will be comforting and strengthening.

We will be here for you, for this is our promise. :hug:

Everglow. December 28th 2020 10:51 PM

I was in the same boat a few weeks back too. Praying you feel well soon and make a full recovery as quickly as possible. It's horrible, but make sure you rest lots, drink plenty of water and be kind to yourself while you're recovering.

DeletedAccount53 December 28th 2020 11:03 PM

I'm not overly religious, Court, but Psalm 91 is a mighty powerful prayer of protection. During you illness, read it and claim it for yourself.

Matter December 29th 2020 10:29 AM

Court, please keep us updated on your health's condition. Keeping my fingers crossed for your quick recovery.