TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Fucked it up - June 1st 2009, 04:55 PM

Biology exam today. Really messed it up. It wasn't even a particularly hard paper, I just completely messed it up.

Its over now and there isn't any I can do about it, just trying to stay positive - exam is 50% of my grade, in the other 50% have already got good A grade so that should help. Still - it's my dream over. Got to think about what else it is I want to do with my life now.

Just hate the feeling when you know you fucked it up - and you only have yourself to blame.

Really got to pull it together for chemistry on Wednesday now.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
lvpeyton Offline
stronger than yesterday
Average Joe

Re: Fucked it up - June 1st 2009, 05:07 PM

hey, yeah, it definately sucks. that feeling of not doing well and messing up in school. i feel it all too often. i am just happy that the semester ended. i felt so much pressure i thought i was going to explode. but i am sure you will be fine. what is your dream anyway?

"All these short times feel like no time, I thought you ought to know."

“Sometimes you have to forget about what you want, and remember what you deserve.”

(#3 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Fucked it up - June 1st 2009, 05:22 PM

i know it's easy for me to say, but try not to be too hard on yourself. you don't know how you've done until results day, and fretting about it now isn't going to change anything. just try and put it out of your mind and focus on your chemistry. anyways, i think you should still try and go for your dream, and its never too late to improve grades that aren't as good as you'd hoped. it's easy to talk yourself into thinking you've done badly after an exam, you may not have done as badly as you think.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Re: Fucked it up - June 1st 2009, 08:18 PM

Sometimes when you think you've done really badly in an exam you've actually done pretty well. I'm not saying try to fail as that's definitely not how it works, but you know...no point in worrying about it now. If you got a great grade in the other exam, and you did OK in this one, you can still get a good grade at the end of it. Just focus on what else you've got left to study and remind yourself you won't have to look at biology again for the next few months

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: Fucked it up - June 2nd 2009, 05:40 PM

^ lol well actually June 8th to start A2. You'd think they'd give us a break but nope.

Thing is I want (wanted) to do medicine. I need to get A in biology. They don't take you if you resit modules. So you have to get it first time. There is no ifs and buts to that.

Ah well. Nothing I can do now. Just going to try my best for Chem and forget about Biology for now.

Closed Thread