TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Why Me? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f31-why-me/)
-   -   Rant (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f31-why-me/t161612-rant/)

bringmethehorizon♥ May 1st 2021 03:30 PM

Rant

I am so fed up

I am a resident in Switzerland I hold a Swiss
Resident permit.

I need to be back in Switzerland as soon as possible because legally I have to be there a certain amount of time each year otherwise they will take my residence away

I am currently in Britain and I am currently deal with life family issues here in the uk.

I can easily travel back for a week and just fly back to england but the problem I have is all the PCR tests at the airport they are so expensive!!!

I’m just so frustrated right now my life is all about travelling between the 2 and I just can’t I am fed up

Everglow. May 1st 2021 04:09 PM

Re: Rant

I completely understand why you feel frustrated about this, and I can't imagine how hard it is to not be able to enjoy both aspects of your life right now. I know that the situation regarding travel has been hard on a lot of people since covid started last year, so living between two countries complicates that even more for you. I'm sorry you're dealing with that right now.

I'm not sure what the rules are about travelling between countries are right now because it isn't something I do much of, but with any luck the travel restrictions will ease soon and you'll be able to move about more again. I'm sorry I don't have a whole lot of advice to offer, but I wanted you to know I hear you, and I hope you're holding up okay.

Dawn. May 2nd 2021 05:12 AM

I completely understand why you would be frustrated as I would be to! It sounds like it definitely has an impact on your life and it will have to have an impact on every aspect of you and your life. I'm sorry to have to go through this and if you ever need to talk, please let me know. :hug:

bringmethehorizon♥ May 2nd 2021 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusk. (Post 1366578)
I completely understand why you would be frustrated as I would be to! It sounds like it definitely has an impact on your life and it will have to have an impact on every aspect of you and your life. I'm sorry to have to go through this and if you ever need to talk, please let me know. :hug:

I just don’t understand how they can charge 150 pounds to leave and 200 on return to Britain on top of plane tickets train tickets it used to be so cheap to fly between the 2

I’m so sick of this world

Rivière May 2nd 2021 12:44 PM

I imagine the reason why all the costs are so high is to help prevent the spread of Covid from other countries. While cases in Switzerland are much lower than the UK, there are still active cases. The government is trying to get people to understand that unless there is a real reason for travel, to not do it. A lot of people have been travelling even around the UK for silly reasons, willingly knowing they're going to get fined and are content with receiving one.

Ultimately I think it comes down to how necessary are your travel requirements right now, and whether or not you feel willing to accept that travelling from country to country right now, comes with quite literally, a cost.

If you have to travel for an exceptionally good reason, you could seek out advice either from perhaps the Citizens Advice Bureau in the UK, or something similar in Switzerland and see what they can suggest. :)

Arabesque- golfing girl. May 22nd 2021 02:35 PM

Hello,

I hope you are doing okay with all of this that was happening and you we're able to travel. I know when other people want to travel to different places because of the type of jobs they have or they need to see family members to help them out with what they are going through and it is crazy right now. I'm sorry it wasn't good for you. I hope everything is going well for you.