TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,623, Level: 42 Points: 88,623, Level: 42 Points: 88,623, Level: 42

Tired. - April 12th 2022, 11:02 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

For the past couple of days, I have been feeling drained, emotionally, physically and mentally and I haven't felt this bad in a long time. It's all down to work. I know I have too much on my plate but it's been affecting me more than I thought it would. I don't have time for myself anymore or for my family and friends and it's destroying me.
Essentially, I feel like I do more than the assistant manager at my bar job. On Sunday, he was sitting down doing some social media posts with another staff member (who shouldn't have been sitting down anyway because the other staff member was only doing a 6 hour which doesn't entitle him to a meal break) so I had to serve customers behind the bar as well as in the gaming room and in the bottle shop - all the while, the assistant manager and other staff member just sat there. A lady came up to the bar while I was getting a drink for someone in the gaming room and luckily she was fine when I told her I would come back to her in a minute. When I returned back to the bar from the gaming room (they are separate areas), the assistant manager had finally gotten up and was about to serve the customer before I walked around the corner. The assistant manager saw me come back and said to the customer "Oh, she's back! She'll be able to serve you now," instead of serving her himself and went back to sit down. The other staff member he was sitting with has become the new favourite and already has been promoted to supervisor after only being working at the pub for a couple of months. I have been there for a year now and have four years experience in the industry but haven't been asked to do any other duties. I don't know if it's because I only work weekends or not but there is no career opportunities within the pub.
There was another time when there was an altercation between two patrons a few months ago which I had to deal with as he was in the office. When I told him about it, all he said was "Oh yeah, I did see a commotion on the cameras". I mean, common sense doesn't seem to exist with this man.
In terms of my childcare position, I have been working for the same company for the last 10 years and I have not been able to progress with my career in anyway - not that I've wanted to make childcare my career for the rest of my life but it would have been nice to at least been given the opportunity.
I have now been taking steps to get out of both industries due to both positions being dead-end ones. I am currently studying my bachelors degree in education to become a teacher and I have just been offered a job as a tutor so I will be reducing my hours at the pub. I just needed to get all of that off my chest more than anything.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 108,798, Level: 47 Points: 108,798, Level: 47 Points: 108,798, Level: 47

Re: Tired. - April 16th 2022, 09:12 PM

Hello,

I'm sorry you haven't had a reply yet, I hope I can help.

I am so sorry about all of this that has been going on and I hope that you will be okay soon. I also hope that with you writing all of this out, it was able to help you to feel a little bit better because when we are going through something, it is always a good idea to write down what we are always feeling and what is happening to us, it can help make us feel better.

When we do not have much time for ourselves, family and friends, it can be hard because having all of this in our lives helps picks us up when we are having a hard time or we enjoy being with all of them and doing things by ourselves as well. I hope that you are able to have some time with them, maybe going for a walk or grabbing a cup of coffee or having lunch or watching a movie together with them and you are able to have some time for yourself as well. I also hope that work and school get better for you so that you are not always so busy. I hope that you will be okay soon. Sending you lots of to help you to be okay soon.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,623, Level: 42 Points: 88,623, Level: 42 Points: 88,623, Level: 42

Re: Tired. - April 17th 2022, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfing girl View Post
Hello,

I'm sorry you haven't had a reply yet, I hope I can help.

I am so sorry about all of this that has been going on and I hope that you will be okay soon. I also hope that with you writing all of this out, it was able to help you to feel a little bit better because when we are going through something, it is always a good idea to write down what we are always feeling and what is happening to us, it can help make us feel better.

When we do not have much time for ourselves, family and friends, it can be hard because having all of this in our lives helps picks us up when we are having a hard time or we enjoy being with all of them and doing things by ourselves as well. I hope that you are able to have some time with them, maybe going for a walk or grabbing a cup of coffee or having lunch or watching a movie together with them and you are able to have some time for yourself as well. I also hope that work and school get better for you so that you are not always so busy. I hope that you will be okay soon. Sending you lots of to help you to be okay soon.
Thank you for your reply. I do feel a bit better about the whole situation because my manager was good about me wanting to reduce my hours at the bar job.

Closed Thread