TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

hmm - June 16th 2009, 09:15 PM

I shouldn't be posting this so just ignore me. Right now I just feel so fat and disgusting. So fat fat fat. Urgh it is disgusting really. I so badly need to lose weight. I am fed up of people lying to me and telling me I don't need to lose any more weight and that I am not fat. I wish people would just admit I am fat because I am. How could I be so wrong? I would prefer to know the truth rather than be lied to. One day I might get there and not be this horrible fat thing. I can't be bothered with anything right now.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ellie Offline
Oh mai.
I've been here a while

Re: hmm - June 17th 2009, 11:05 AM

Hey Jen, you said that you shouldn't be posting, but what makes you say that? We're here for everyone, and that includes you. You deserve some of that support that you give so readily to everyone else back for yourself, so I for one am glad that you did post.

I know when you're feeling one thing it's so hard to listen to others telling you something else. I would love to be able to tell you that you're not fat and help you to see that it's the truth, but I also know that it isn't that simple. I really think that you need to focus on the way you see yourself and try and change that image into a positive, because there really are so many great things about you - you are pretty [whether you believe me or not], you have a great figure, you're such a supportive and caring person, you're in uni which shows a lot about yourself, you horse ride which is such a great talent to have, and that list could carry on. But in some ways, that list loses meaning if you don't believe it yourself. Why don't you try and make a list of at least five things that you like about yourself, or some of your good qualities - you could even ask your friends to help. And then stick what you have written around your room so that you can read them whenever you're feeling the way you are now.

I'm here anytime you want or need to talk, Jen because I for one am and can be bothered about you. Take care.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: hmm - June 18th 2009, 10:28 PM

Thanks Ellie. That really did help what you said

But people can tell you that you are not fat but I don't believe that. That is not what I see each time I look in the mirror. I see myself the way I am.

So stressed out right now. I can't focus on anything. I have got an essay to write, a load of reflective logs and I need to pack. I really don't want to go home though Really not looking forward to it. It will mean eating and you know what I don't want to eat. I need to continue to lose weight. I want to be thin and that is all. I just can't be bothered with my step mum either I hate her. It hit me today how much she has messed up my head and how it just effects everything. She makes me so angry. Argh I don't know how I am going to survive.

Closed Thread