TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Maiden Offline
Bring It On
Average Joe

Name: Liadan

I hate people who get EVERYTHING handed to them on a silver platter - July 14th 2009, 03:01 AM

I hate parents who hand their kids money and things on a silver platter. It pisses me off so much. I have to work really hard to get any money out of my parents, for anything. I'm paying for my uni fees, text books, bus fares, clothes, shoes, cheerleading classes, hockey, cheer uniform, phone credit... EVERYTHING, by myself. My parents keep telling me to move out but I actually cannot afford it and if I could, I would!

Then there's a girl I know who is getting her uni fees paid, plus her uni accomodation paid for (including an ensuite in her room!!!) AND her parents are GIVING her $50 a week FOR NOTHING!!! WTF?!?!?

Now my girlfriend is going to be getting given $30 a week by her dad to pay for her buses. They're already paying for her uni fees and if she wanted to move out, they'd pay for her rent/board too. It annoys me so much. It's so unfair!! The people who work the hardest get the least, and the people who do nothing get everything handed to them.

I HATE CAPITALISM!!

Ever mind the Rule of Three: Three times what thou givest returns to thee: This lesson well, thou must learn: Thee only gets what thou dost earn.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
AshtrayHeart Offline
Human Wreckage
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess.

Re: I hate people who get EVERYTHING handed to them on a silver platter - July 14th 2009, 11:58 AM

I couldn't agree with you more, people who leave my school get £30 a week and it equals out too £120 a month I get £50 a month from my parents and I have to work for it, they have to do nothing but attend sixth form or College, I hate it.

'Cause there's no pride to be found when you follow sheep around..

<3 15/3/09 <3
11 months, I love you.
  Send a message via MSN to AshtrayHeart  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
<:3 )~ Offline
squeak
Average Joe

Name: olivia

Re: I hate people who get EVERYTHING handed to them on a silver platter - July 14th 2009, 01:54 PM

lol, well. You have to acknowledge this person's parents worked hard for the money that they're giving her. They just want to see her have a better life than they did. I don't think that they're giving in the excess or anything but...maybe that's just me. xD
Your hard work will pay off in the end. Trust me - it will. It builds character and will set the path for earning and supporting yourself for the rest of your life as said parents can't afford to support said child any longer than university (she will have to start working on her own whereas you'll already be used to that).
In conclusion - don't sweat the small stuff. Just take from the positive and move on. I'll have to probably get a job in college but...I take it as a challenge.
Best of luck. x

Live and let live.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Emzy Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Emma

Re: I hate people who get EVERYTHING handed to them on a silver platter - July 14th 2009, 01:56 PM

Well said.

All my friends are like "emma, dont you have any money today?" and i just say i've spent it already. all my mates get anything they want, but me, i have to work, to earn the money.

"All the haters I swear, they look so small from up here..."

tumblr. | facebook
  Send a message via MSN to Emzy Send a message via Skype™ to Emzy 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
TakeTheLeap Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: I hate people who get EVERYTHING handed to them on a silver platter - July 14th 2009, 02:57 PM

Amen. I actually ranted on the threads before the site went down last year. I had these roommates in my first year of college that were absolute pigs. They made huge messes, let the dishes pile up for 3 weeks or a month before they told me they had to be done, they had no idea what a vacuum is, and they left jello shots in paper cups in the fridge to leak and stain the bottom of the fridge and then decided they were too good to clean it up.
But the thing was... None of them actually KNEW how to clean. They all had maids back home. They got $500 for the last 1.5 weeks of school, just to go out to eat every day and party every night. I don't remember a holiday where they weren't content with just going home, but were going out on a cruise or flying to another country, etc.
And there I was, being treated like their maid because they thought it was okay. Mommy and Daddy would cater to their every whim. They didn't take pride in their school work, and they didn't care about their performance because Mommy and Daddy pay their tuition. It disgusted me.
Yes, I get a lot. But in order to get what I have, I DO have to work hard at work and in school. I don't get it handed to me like they do.

But... Take pride in the fact that you will be more prepared for daily life than they will. You know that life isn't about what other people can give you, but that hard work gets you what you need and what you want. That WILL take you farther than anything your parents can give you monetarily.

“Don't get too comfortable with who you are at any given time. You may miss the opportunity to become who you want to be." ~Jon Bon Jovi

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Maiden Offline
Bring It On
Average Joe

Name: Liadan

Re: I hate people who get EVERYTHING handed to them on a silver platter - July 15th 2009, 05:06 AM

Thanks guys... I never thought about it that way... Just hope it does actually turn out like that!

Ever mind the Rule of Three: Three times what thou givest returns to thee: This lesson well, thou must learn: Thee only gets what thou dost earn.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: I hate people who get EVERYTHING handed to them on a silver platter - July 15th 2009, 05:23 AM

Your hard work will get you somewhere. Think about this...
if they don't care about their studies in the future they can be working your you!
They can be lazy today and work for you tommorrow. Just keep up the hard work.
Karma's a bitch.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

Closed Thread