TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hope...A pretty Fairytale
Average Joe

Name: Caitlyn

Question Stuck between a rock and a hard place - July 17th 2009, 11:35 PM

My mom is yelling at me a lot. I don't like to go outside except when its raining, and she and my dad always say: Be a kid! Get your butt outside! I'm not a total social kind of gal, I tend to stick with my friends when we go to school. So I guess what I'm asking is, how can I get them off my back about this and let me just...be?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Stuck between a rock and a hard place - July 18th 2009, 02:39 AM

Hey Katelin.

I can relate to what's been going on with your family. Have you ever tried to talk to them about what they have been saying to you? It's understandable that you don't constantly want to be doing things outside. Maybe let them know that you appreciate their concern, but find more things to do at home then you do anywhere else. They may simply be worried that you're not enjoying yourself enough, so letting them know that you're fine spending time as you normally do may help convince them that it's fine to leave you alone about these things.

Do make sure you get out of the house enough though, simply giving in to what they ask of you once in awhile can't hurt, and may make things a bit better for everyone. If you listen to them every once in awhile about these things, they'll be more likely to let you be more often too.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

Closed Thread