TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
9Lives Offline
Not a n00b

My one bad thing...ranty... - October 15th 2009, 04:45 PM

I've been letting this stew inside practically all week and I'm just so pissed off already...So, I'm going to just rant my bad thing here....

I'm in this discussion group (not by choice, btw, and what sucks even worse is that we're stuck in these groups all year long...God...I don't know how I'm going to survive this.....), and in this group we're supposed to be discussing the case presented to us and the whole science thing behind it

(I'm in medical school, 1st year...I'm 19 btw, just live in Malaysia so the whole education system is very, very different from US)

And before this we had another case, and before we present that case to our tutor, we all delegated the subjects (I got biochemistry) and we're supposed to make notes for the whole group, photostate them and pass 'em out before the case presentation. I did mine. Okay, so I copied and pasted from Internet articles coz I was too lazy to decide which one was better than the other, but I did skim through it and edited it....it wasn't like I just copied pasted and gave them out. I edited it!

Apparently the other girls didn't like it. I'm guessing one girl in particular. I'm the only one who did that. Evryone else gave out short notes. (they got easier subjects! For instance, anatomy? Go find some pictures and write some simple explanation about that! pharmaco? go find about the kind of drugs the patient should take! I mean, do they have any idea what was in the whole biochem thing?!? So much damn information, they're lucky I went to any trouble to find it!

So now, we have another case, and after we're done delegating the subjects, the one girl says that she doesn't want any more copy and paste notes, it's not like she reads them anyways....I was kinda humiliated, coz obviously she meant me since I was the only who did it, but she wouldn't come out and say my name or look at me, then she started complimenting another girl on how nice and short her notes were last time (duh! all that girl had to do was the cause and type of treatment to carry out...)

But I'm not the confrontational type, so I let it slide, but now I'm supposed to be preparing the notes from the next case presentation and I'm just obsessed over what that one girl will say and look at me...Besides, my case presentation went so horrible the last time coz I was so damn nervous from under-preparation (my fault, i know) and this other person telling me my notes were too long!!

And I've been trying to be more sociable with people, coz obviously the loner thing is more miserable (I tried it out)...so even if I fake it, I hope in time I'll also believe in the smile I'm wearing....but most of the batch (105 students, 20 guys....- 1 guy in my discussion group, the other 10? all girls) know each other already since they did foundation together, so they all have their own groups of friends, and it's so hard to break into those groups, not that I want to, but to not be ignored would be nice....

And now this stupid note case presentation thingy! Aaaargh!! *pulling hair out in frustration* I'm supposed to get the notes done by tuesday (4 day weekend thanx to Deepavali!)...and all I can fume about is that girl...I don't like hating people I don't know, but with her it's very hard not to....

There, I ranted my bad thing out. *sigh*....thank you for reading....

"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars."
-Khalil Gibran-

"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles."
-Charles Chaplin-

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Moyshi Online
i am jack's smirking revenge

I've been here a while

Re: My one bad thing...ranty... - October 16th 2009, 06:14 PM

Hey there,
Urgh, I understand where you're coming from. I've had my fair share of bad group members in projects when you're placed in random groups. It can be really frustrating and difficult to work with people who either don't want to put any effort into the presentation or they chose to do all the easy parts. :\ It's unfair, but there's not much else you can do other than to talk to the group/teacher, or make sure your part is done really well. If you get to peer evaluate for anything, you can hopefully give them the marks they deserve, you know?

I also know how awkward it is to be with a group of people that already know each other and they don't feel very welcoming to others. The best you can do is keep being confident with yourself and maybe trying to speak up in a conversation they may be having. If they don't want to take the time to know you or anyone else outside of their friend group, well it's their loss.

Don't stress yourself out too much over this project, and really if it gets to be a problem, speak up to somebody. Take care. :]

Don't just exist...LIVE.

Closed Thread