TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
*x.Kathryn.x* Offline
beLIEve
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kathryn

Unhappy No One Believes - August 16th 2010, 09:39 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My Parents don't believe that I have things wrong with me. My dad mostly. He doesn't think that my panic attacks and phobias are real. He likes to say I'm doing it for attention and that if I would just exercise more(his code for "you're fat") and eat better then I would be ok. I try to tell him that it's not that simple but he never listens. And my mom just stands there not doing anything. She doesn't say anything, she doesn't try to stick up for me when my dad starts to insult me, she just...stands there, like a deer in the headlights.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I feel like I'm alone and that no one believes me except for my doctor. My dad gets so pissed off when I have to go to the hospital and talk with my doctor about my medication because he hates spending money on me. My new meds aren't working but I'm terrified to tell my parents because I don't want to get yelled at about hospital bills and medication bills. But I can't live like this, having crazy mood swings and having at least one panic attack a day.

I hate this so much. I hate my stupid chemically imbalanced brain, my dad, my mom, EVERYTHING. I don't know what to do...

How cruel is the golden rule?

I'm the kind of kid
that can't let anything go
but you wouldn't know a good thing
if it came up and slit your throat...

""How does that make you feel?" is the most annoying sentence in the English language."-myself

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: No One Believes - August 16th 2010, 09:47 PM

Well, can you get your doctor to talk to your dad? If this is really an issue, maybe the doctor can try to tell your dad such. And well, even if your dad DOESN'T want to listen, I'm sure someone with a Medical degree knows more about Medical issues.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#3 (permalink)) Old
The Kira Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Melody

Re: No One Believes - August 16th 2010, 11:05 PM

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this with your family. But as was said before, I think that you should get your doctor to talk to your parents about your medical problem. And i know that you are worried about them yelling at you because of the hospital bill, but they are your parents, they are supposed to take care of you. And if you they wont take care of you, who will? SO talk to your doctor about it.
Hang in there
Take care, Melody

Stay forever lovely
  Send a message via AIM to The Kira  
Closed Thread