TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Why Me? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f31-why-me/)
-   -   why me? more like why us! (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f31-why-me/t69064-why-me-more-like-why-us/)

BabyGirl767 March 11th 2011 06:21 PM

why me? more like why us!

once again somebody STOLE our credit card number, it happend once with our other bank and this is like the 3rd time it happened with the bank that the card number was stolen from, so this other bank credit card we have the number was stolen AGAIN and the person who stole it spent OVER A THOUSAND DOLLARS! the bank caught it called us today, it happened yesterday, and as far as my mom told me the card has been shut off. please pray for us and please pray the person is caught and put in jail
:'(

Batman. March 11th 2011 07:22 PM

Re: why me? more like why us!

That sucks. Though honestly, you should look up credit card fraud for any locations your family has used the card at, see if anything comes up on Google (in my town, people's bank cards were being defrauded at a particular gas station), and steer clear of those places to avoid this.

I wish you and your family the best, and hope the asshole stealing from you guys gets caught. What low-life scum. :mad:

Pianissimo March 11th 2011 09:55 PM

Aw, I'm sorry, that happened to my family once when we went to Florida. It isn't a fun experience. I hope things get better for you guys.

Satine March 11th 2011 10:07 PM

Ouch! You really have my deepest sympathy.

If it's any help, my other half worked for a bank for 7 years and he is well-aware of how lax banks can be with old paper records. Perhaps that is the problem? Have you considered going with another bank?

mIssIng:nO March 11th 2011 11:20 PM

How did you manage to get your credit card number jacked 3 times?

FlyingTrue March 12th 2011 06:10 PM

When this happened, did your bank simply cancel the card and reissue a new one, or did they completely close and reopen the account with a different number? If they only did the former, the account is still vulnerable. When this type of thing happens, the account should be closed to completely kill any ties with the compromised information, for example the card number might be different but the account itself remains the same.

BabyGirl767 March 12th 2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satine (Post 599721)
Ouch! You really have my deepest sympathy.

If it's any help, my other half worked for a bank for 7 years and he is well-aware of how lax banks can be with old paper records. Perhaps that is the problem? Have you considered going with another bank?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mIssIng:nO (Post 599773)
How did you manage to get your credit card number jacked 3 times?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingTrue (Post 600220)
When this happened, did your bank simply cancel the card and reissue a new one, or did they completely close and reopen the account with a different number? If they only did the former, the account is still vulnerable. When this type of thing happens, the account should be closed to completely kill any ties with the compromised information, for example the card number might be different but the account itself remains the same.

Satine we are with two different banks ank you it does help. what does he say about BECU? because thats the bank card that had the number jacked we had ONE time with bank of america.

Missing;no, i honestly do not know we are always careful.

FlyingTrue we had the account closed then as far as i know it was reopened, so i will talk to my parents about this, sadine it would be nice to know what your other half thinks and what he knows about BECU because if they are no good then we need to cut off our service and close our accounts with them.

and to everybody thank you for your support, I thank God we don't have to pay the charges and the bank says the card was being used in a foreign country. my dad usually travels overseas and has done so a few times, but didnt use the particular card, to the places he went. again i thank you all for your support and sympathy, I know we don't have to pay for the charges but my dad flies at night and is gone for two weeks or a week or even more, my mom also works but she works in a garden nursery from March until the beginning of August. both my parents work very hard, and the fact that this happened to us really angered me,but i am thankful for everything good that has happened. again for the third time i thank you all for your advice,support and sympathy, it really has helped me feel better about this situation

FlyingTrue March 13th 2011 08:23 PM

Hmm can you think of any place in common like a gas station or restaurant where all three cards were used? There are lots of reports on the news lately about people rigging card readers with skimmers.

Flying_Spirit March 13th 2011 10:59 PM

I'm sorry to hear that has happened to you though i'm not surprised at the inefficiency of banks. I do hope that this never happens to you again though and wish you the best of luck in the future