TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Justin Bieber Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Accidently drove the wrong way down a one way road...... Frick on Toast. - March 11th 2011, 11:48 PM

I was trying to get from Target to Barnes and Noble when I reached an intersection that said I could either go "Right" or "Left," but I REALLY needed to go a slight left/straight and I saw a road RIGHT THERE. I decided to get into the left lane and see what the car did in front of me to see if "straight" was really an option and the signs were just misleading. The car in front of me went "straight" and I felt relief and followed!
All of a sudden... we were facing traffic.... head on.... The car in front of me pulled over for a second then booked it down the right, and I followed. My logic: Can't turn around, and if we get hit, the car in front of me will get the worst of it. FINALLY, there was a turn off and I banged a right and died just thinking about how many things could have gone wrong. What idiots were we to drive a mile or more down a one way road.

I will forever follow traffic signs for the rest of my life.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Accidently drove the wrong way down a one way road...... Frick on Toast. - March 11th 2011, 11:53 PM

i did something similar, didn't see the no entry sign and went down a one way road. had to reverse back down like 100m cos there was no space to turn around.. and this was the day after i passed my test so i was ridiculously nervous and had to get a man in the car in front to reverse my car for me! so embarrassing!!

but yeah, i know what you mean about always following the signs! haha. at least no one was hurt.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Anomaly Offline
Penguins love you
I can't get enough

Re: Accidently drove the wrong way down a one way road...... Frick on Toast. - March 12th 2011, 05:04 PM

Oh my that does sound scary! I'm glad you're okay and nothing happened

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Accidently drove the wrong way down a one way road...... Frick on Toast. - March 12th 2011, 05:14 PM

It happens, honestly, especially as a young driver.

One time, my friend Cass went down a one-way road, since we didn't know it was one-way due to the sign being tucked a bit further back. We were lucky we noticed right after, and turned around in a parking lot right near by.

Lucky nobody got hurt, but just remember to watch closer.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

Closed Thread