TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Baxter Offline
Average Joe

Christmas gets me so depressed - December 24th 2011, 08:06 PM

I'm not exactly close with my family, so I hate any sort of holidays. As much as I dislike school, at least it's a distraction from how shitty this part of my life is. I'd rather be at school or working actually. My parents are sick, and everyone in my family is so lazy, so my house is an complete mess. I just feel like absolute garbage being stuck in such a confined area when everything is so dirty and messy. And it just makes me bitter cleaning up after everyone constantly.

Not that I want Christmas to be so materialistic or anything, but no one gets anyone any presents. My mom basically told us all not to expect anything again this year. After I got nothing for my birthday this year, it just makes me cynical and depressed about it all. For my family, presents for birthdays and Christmas wanes down into nothing as soon as you become a teenager. I think my mom see's presents for 'little kids', the same way trick or treating on Halloween is. I guess I am being materialistic, but it just bothers me when you see everyone else in the world exchanging gifts for holidays that are supposed to mean something, but for us its just an inconvenience that forces us all to be together because nothing is open.

My girlfriend comes back on Tuesday from a holiday trip. My phone's broken so I can't even talk to her, I'm literally counting down the hours. I don't even know what to do on Christmas day besides cleaning and sleeping in as long as possible. Everything is closed early today, and everything is closed tomorrow. It's times like this where I wish I could just fall asleep and wake up a few days later.

/end Christmas rant

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Moyshi Offline
i am jack's smirking revenge
I've been here a while

Re: Christmas gets me so depressed - December 25th 2011, 05:07 AM

Hey there,
I'm sure a lot of people can relate to how you're feeling. The holidays can be a tough time. I tend to start feeling low if I'm sitting around doing nothing all day, so my advice would be to make a to do list and schedule things in to keep yourself busy during the days you're at home. Maybe it's a good day to get homework done, read a book, clean your room while listening to your favourite music, watch a few movies, etc. Try to get out of the house at least once a day to get some fresh air and some space from your family, even if it's like a five minute walk. Find a friend you can hang out with during the day. Hopefully these next few days will go by quickly and then you'll be able to see your girlfriend again. That's definitely something to look forward to!

Take care. :]

A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

Closed Thread