TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Games and Things Here you can find popular chit-chat threads like games and surveys.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Person
Junior TeenHelper

Smile Write a letter to yourself =) - August 12th 2009, 03:20 AM

Write a letter of encouragement ...to yourself!
It can either be to your past, current, or future self =)

Rules:
-try to keep triggering to a minimum
-if your letter might be triggering, be sure to have a warning
-You must say ONLY encouraging or neutral things; don't put yourself down
-it can be as long or as short as you want it
-Have fun!

Alrighty, I will post my letter to myself a little later!
Write away! =D

P.S. Mods- let me know if there is already a thread like this, if this is in the wrong forum, or if I did anything wrong.. lol Thanks

Lawl.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - August 13th 2009, 12:47 PM

Well, I'm going to jump on the bandwagon with this, because I think it's a great idea. Krystianna, you better follow through and post your letter as well.

Here we go..

Dear Katrina,

You start college in a week and a half - can you really even believe you've made it this far, and that you're going for free? It baffles my (and your) mind [since we have the same one, obviously] every time! You have to try to go in with an open mind, which I know might be difficult since it's not really your choice of religious affiliation (ie: none) that will be going on down there. Try to just enjoy it for a year, and if it doesn't work out, there's the option of transferring. Anyway, since there's still a tiny tiny bit of summer left over, rid your mind of school for now.

You've really been excelling in a number of different things this summer, and they've been a lot of fun. You've grown up where you work and have become the one that people ask questions to, not the one that always asks questions to others. You've taught a number of little children to swim and have adored watching them progress. You might even be able to coach the next season. You've matured on this website as well, becoming more capable of fulfilling not only your own duties, but also those of a pinky and sometimes, though rarely, a teal. It's been a wild ride, but helping people (or giving it my best shot, at least) is too rewarding to stop.

Always be confident with yourself. Loveee,

Katrina.

- Oh cheers.

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Olive, always Offline
The Mighty Grape
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Liv

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - August 13th 2009, 01:04 PM

Umm hi Olivia, you kook. :P
This summer has been really productive for you! Dude, you finished 4 school-related books thoroughly [as in, taking notes and being meticulous] as well as pouncing on biochemistry for AP Biology. High five, my friend. Hopefully things will get better and you can make it to the college that you want to go to for a reasonable deal. Do not listen to what your sister says - she is...severely confused herself!
Note to self: Pass by James in the hallway without so much as looking generally in his direction & also make sure to dress like a human being more often (e.g. no more sweatpants! xD). You can do these 4 APs. Woo.

=P

(#4 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - August 13th 2009, 02:59 PM

(Great Idea For A Thread )

Dear Jaymi

Youve been through a lot. Too much, but you are still strong, not letting anything bring you down. You may have been hospitalized since 17, but now you are out after a quick 10 days in. You take your medication and do your therapy to get help. I am proud of you. You take 17 pills a day, much more than most 23 year olds and you get sleepy a lot, but you still manage to get into town, despite your paranoid thoughts,

Jaymi - Being a Paranoid Schizophrenic mus'nt deter you from doing what you want, you may have illness for life, but you will be able to work...you'd love to be a vet because you love cats. You have a cat whom you look after and love and he loves you so much. You both get along and love each other and keep each other from harm.

You must stop getting tattoos. This has to be the last one....yes I know you like the tattoo guy, and I know you loved being inked, but its too much gal, stop it! Get some more piercings instead ;D

You are very lucky J. Not only a cat but a boyfriend aswell. Sam. He is wonderful. I wish I could see him more often. I love him, he is truly a superstar. Gorgeous on the inside and out. You also have good friends, they may not be local, but that means when you see each other the times are more special.

Overall J. I think that you deserved a break and you got it. Now you must fulfill one of your dreams....helping people on TH. If I help only one person, I will be happy.

Take care and be strong

Jamie/Jaymi
xx

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - August 13th 2009, 03:19 PM

Yo, Nicola.

It's been a tough year, eh? I still can't believe what you've gotten through recently; I know you never thought you'd make it. You've been really angry at yourself for getting into such a mess without thinking, but you need to stop blaming yourself. It was all her fault, and you know it. All you did was be too kind, as usual. So forget about her, all right? You're so much better than that. You deserve so much more.

Do you realize how lucky you are right now? You better. Because you've got a couple of amazing-ass friends right now, so don't take 'em for granted! I'm proud of you for letting someone else in, when you swore you'd never trust another member of the human race again, but you did it. [:

This summer has been hard, but it's also been amazing, especially this past month or so. Things have really turned around for you, so just enjoy it and don't hold back. School starts up again in a few weeks, and I know you're rather terrified, but you're going to be okay. You've always worked so hard when it comes to school work, so keep it up. It'll be worth it in the end.

And finally, dude, you're totally rockin' on TH right now. Four forums, for the win. And you actually managed to sign into LH today, so yay! Keep up the pinkness, you're doing fineee.

Until next time, m'dear,

Nicola.

Last edited by noise94; August 13th 2009 at 05:03 PM.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Dreamer Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - August 13th 2009, 03:32 PM

Dear Matilda.
I know it's rough right now, and that the road seems long, but just hold on. Stay strong. Don't let anyone put you down. You're a fun person to be around, and you care for everone you know and doesn't know. He's not worth your time, tears or thoughts. You're to good for him.

"High school" starts in a few weeks. Be open-minded, greatful, cheerful and yourself, and you'll see you'll make friends. Let love come to you, stop obsessing about finding it alone. Remember what you had, take care on what you have, and appreciate what you'll get.

Stay strong
Dreamer

If you want to; check out my poems and stuff under the "Self Expression"-forum.

You are BEAUTIFUL! <3

Always remember to smile!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Ellie Offline
Oh mai.
I've been here a while

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - August 13th 2009, 09:57 PM

Ellie! Well, I know you don't like having anything nice, or even just neutral said to you, but you're going to have to suck it up this time around! You need some motivation right now and if no one else is giving it to you I'm going to! So, Tuesday you're going away. You haven't been anywhere for ages and you definitely need that break so I hope you enjoy it. I know you know it, but you need to realise it as well. If you want to enjoy yourself, which I know you do, you need to let yourself. Don't let her comments get you down, and just try to look through what you think about him. This is about you all as a group. He needs it, and well, you all do really. It doesn't matter too much what you look like. You can have a good time despite that and work on the rest when you're back. Go enjoy yourself and more can be said afterwards!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - August 13th 2009, 10:18 PM

Dear Holly,

I know you're confused about everything and you literally think that you will never be happy again. Just wait, God will come through.

Sorry, couldn't write anymore, I think I might cry.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Person
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - August 14th 2009, 07:49 PM

Now that I have some posts, I'll be happy to post my letter :P
And read all of yours ^^

-

Dear Krystianna,

I'm not going to deny the fact that everything feels like a mess right now. You're overweight, you have extremely low self esteem, you're going through a breakup, you feel unloveable, and you've nearly lost all hope that you can be happy. not to mention that you've recently discovered you have PCOS. But I assure you things are going to get better. Just one step at a time is all it takes, First and formost you need to focus on your health and fighting PCOS. That means eating healthy, taking your vitamins, listening to your doctors and learning to love yourself. Yes, it is very hard, but not nearly impossible. You can do it, I KNOW you can. I am never ever going to give up on you because you are not a lost cause. I will admit taht society and American culture is discouraging, but you've got to fight it! Be better than those shallow, superficial wastes of life! You know what's important because you have a healthy conscience. I loveyou and I have faith in you. Please take care of yourself.

All my love,
Me~

Lawl.

Last edited by Something Clever; August 14th 2009 at 08:01 PM.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Person
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - August 14th 2009, 07:59 PM

*has read all the letters so far*

Excellent everyone ^^
thank you so much for posting =)
If you need any extra motivation feel free to come back and post another :P (post 500 if you need to!)

Even though you're all writing letters to yourself, seeing people respect themselves inspires and encourages me to do the same. Thanks to you all and the posters to come

Now let's keep this thread alive!!

Lawl.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
vanillalily Offline
Colour me happy.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jenny

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - August 22nd 2009, 06:12 AM

Dear Jenny,
You're better than you think you are. Just because you made a mistake doesn't mean you're any less worthy--of anything, really. Don't forget what your true goal in life is--to live with no regrets. No one's getting out of here alive, and frankly, why would you want to leave? Life is great the way it is. Don't ever lose that thought.
As for your weight, embrace it. There's no reason to starve yourself, and I want you to remember that people will love you no matter what you look like or how you act. There are such things as acceptance and forgiveness, and any person who doesn't apply them isn't worth your time anyway. Forget them, move on, keep living.
Accept that the struggle against cutting is hard, but every day is a step, whether it be forward or backward. Each one counts in your walk through life.
Don't forget to keep holding on.
--Jennifer

-Jenny

Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star?
One without a permanent scar?
And did you miss me when you were looking for yourself out there?

<3
Risk it all, cause I'll catch you if you fall.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - August 22nd 2009, 08:36 AM

Oh we did this at my Kiros retreat, and they will send the letters to us later in life.
I wrote like 5 pages to myself, its a good idea.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Emzy Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Emma

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - August 22nd 2009, 08:55 AM

Dear Emma,

Pull yourself together.
  Send a message via MSN to Emzy Send a message via Skype™ to Emzy 
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Rudnet Offline
~Junoon~
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - August 22nd 2009, 09:13 AM

Dear Rudhayaini,

Hi there. It has been a long time since I have spoken to you with an open heart. I hope you will listen to me right now.

You have been through quite a bit and I know that it is so difficult for you to act as if everything is alright with you. You are such a damn good actor. But please for my sake, try not to fake too much. Try to enjoy life full-heartedly.

I know that one day everything will really turn out to be okay for you. You'll finally get the life that I know you deserve. And that day is not too far. It's just a few months away.

And also remember to enjoy when you go on your first trip abroad next year.

Remember, always grope and search for the heavenly light when you are lost in a pitch black tunnel filled with rodents. I am sure then the light will scare them away. Hehe.

Love,
Rudhayaini.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Rudnet  
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
xander Offline
Average Joe

Name: xander

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - August 22nd 2009, 10:37 AM

this is to me a few days ago

oi nobhead (dw i call every1 that)

dont go near her at all! u will regret it totaly! just stay wiv laura! she saw it coming!
oh and your hair looks sexc wen u straighten and spray it ;P
xx

XANDER

am i in love? or am i being used?

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Emzy Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - August 27th 2009, 05:02 PM

Dear Emma,

Don't let her get to you. Your a strong girl and you know how you feel deep down, she doesn't deserve to know how your feeling about her. You can get over her Emma, you know you can, even if it takes forever, you will. Stay strong for yourself.
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - August 27th 2009, 06:51 PM

Dear Nat.

Always look on the bright side of life *whistles tune*. No, seriously, just do it. Pull yourself together and enjoy this as much as you can. You only have one year left of high school and it is going to be a blast. Spend some time with your friends, get through the work, and before you know it you will be an adult. Yes, this is a scary thought, but you are going to make it through.

You are good at what you do, so keep it up. You are super awesomely amazing and fantastic. Frankly, you are the coolest person I know (...yep, I laughed at that one too ).

Keep looking forward, sit up straight, smile and have some fun. You're rocking it now, girl.
*hugs*
Nat.

PS: I love your boots. You know the ones I'm talking about.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#18 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - August 27th 2009, 07:20 PM

possibly triggering.

Kayla;
you've been through so much, that time has just flown by. it seems like just yesterday you were who you said you'd never want to be. but you were her. you turned into to someone that wasn't right. it wasn't for you. you made constant mistakes, and lies that turned into bigger then life. you let other people step all over you, and you never had faith in yourself. you wanted to mean something, so you started up all these lies to make people think that you were big and strong, tough, and untouchable. but they didn't know the real you that hide behind your eyes and sneeky smile. all they saw where the lies that shined through, and guess what kayla? you said the lies so often, you started believing them. you became afraid of what you said had already happened, and you always watched your back. your lies, they became true to you. you told yourself that you had to play the part, and you did. too well. so well, that it became you. the lies covered you, and you lost everything else in your life. you were being suffocated with the fake you. it took over,and forced you to believe that there was nothing better out there then being this person. i remember telling the first lie, you got all your friends so worried, and upset, they were all trying to protect you from nothing, but only you knew that. you liked the attention too much. you created more and more. until they were flowing out of your mouth while you slept. soon enough, everyone was talking about it. your lies were being transferred through phone lines, your lies were being typed into the computer to people who hadn't known. you had everyone believe you. you had everyone believing a lie.
time has passed, and i can see the change in yourself. the sincerity to be sorry, and the wanting of forgiveness. you realized you messed up, and that you spoke words that were not true. you found a higher power, and He was loving to you, and already covered your mistakes and sins in His blood. you opened your heart to Him, and since then. I can see your trying. I can tell that you are sorry for what you have done in the past, and that you are sorry for what you will do in the future. I can tell that you are willing to change for Him, so that you may be able to spend Eternal Life with Him in Paradise. I can tell that you want to be someone different for him. At nights, you just sit there and cry, wondering how you ever lost so much control over your life. You wonder what brought you to do that, and why you wanted attention so much, that you let it create a new person inside of you. But it's different now, I can see the change in you, and your vigorous attitude to go out and help people who need it. I can see that you want to be someone who people look up to. And I've never said this to you, but I mean it so much Kayla, But I Forgive You For Your Past. I Forgive You For Your Mistakes.

Wow. I would just like to say thank you to Krystianna for putting up this thread. I have always blamed myself, and held on to the mistakes I had in my past. When I started writing this, I had no clue where it would lead to. But it led to forgiving myself which is something I've never done. So I want to really say thank you.

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Emzy Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - August 29th 2009, 10:09 AM

Emzy.

be strong.
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - August 29th 2009, 11:39 AM

Dear Paige,
I know you're not having the best of times right now and I know you think it's good to be dependent on alcohol but it's doing you any good and you know it. You have achieved so much in regards to self-harm... how many months is it now, well we've lost count but let's really hope it continues like this because you don't need to hurt. Okay you're an addict but you're recovering and it's happening right in front of your eyes.
You start college the end of next month and you know it's only for a year or two years so calm down on the guys and just find one that you really like or don't have any at all, you have plenty of time for that.
You know you have to come out soon, you're living a lie and it's not fun. You've spent years like this. I think the day is coming soon when you'll have to come out and tell people what you really are.
You've met a guy you like, be patient and see where this takes you. You're normally so impatient and fast to want to know what's going on so for once take your time and go steady.
You've had a holiday romance you just need to see that this is all it will probably be and you know what you had fun but it's got to stop somewhere, he lives in Turkey and you live in England. It's not going to work.

Keep up all the good work Paige.
Love, me xxx

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Emzy Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - August 31st 2009, 08:46 PM

Emzy,

Times are harder today I know but you have to stay strong for yourself and your Mum. She's gone now and even though she's still hurting you, you can get through it. Your just having a tough time getting to grips with the change and everyone respects you for how strong you are being. Nobody could tell you how proud I am as to how you're dealing with this because I know you could of killed yourself by now and I'm so happy you managed to slap yourself in the face and stop yourself. You need to sleep, eat and relax. Time heals everything. It's her loss and now she's lost you, stop crying now Emma it's too much for you too handle, snap out of this mess your in, please.
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - August 31st 2009, 09:48 PM

Amanda,
You're a good person. You don't need anyone else to remind you. You don't need anyone else to agree with you. You're a good person, and you matter to the world. You may not be surrounded with a million friends, but you have one amazing family. You're worth it to the world, no matter what anyone else has to say.

Believe in yourself, and you're go far. It doesn't matter if it's written in ink, or if there's someone to remind you of it every day when you wake up in the morning. You matter to the world, and you can make a difference. Not only in yourself, but in the people in your life.

Your life is what you make it, so make it a life to enjoy. No one can take your confidence away from you. High school is a new beginning for you, so don't let anyone take it away from you. Give it a shot, don't back away from the things you're afraid of. You're not alone, no matter how alone you feel. You have a family others would kill for, and chance to make new friends that are better than the ones you have had before.

You have someone who believes in you; yourself, and your family. Never ask for anything more, because you're one lucky girl. Enjoy your life. Enjoy being you, because when all else fails around you, you still have the things that matter most in your life.

Lots of love, for better or for worse,
Yourself.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Hdjdjdjduvieg Offline
Wandering Wayfarer
I've been here a while

Name: no

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - September 3rd 2009, 05:10 AM

Dear Phineas,

I know things look bleak right now and you feel like you're living in a world that's not meant for you, but you have to kick your injection habit. It's not good for you and it's not accomplishing anything. You need to get a hold of yourself, figure out what you're going to do for this world and reorganise your life.

You used to be so determined and so ready for the world, what happened to you? You forgot who you were for a while, but when you finally came to, it seemed that person had already been eaten up. The world tore it out of you, so now it's time to kick back at the world and show them you're not a useless junkie and you can do be someone. You need to focus and get your work done and amount to something.

Good luck,
Phineas

I love the name of honour more than I fear death.

(#24 (permalink)) Old
Faye. Offline
maybe this time...
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Faye

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - September 3rd 2009, 09:31 PM

Hey Faye,

This is hard, I know, and I know that things aren't the best they could be right now, okay lets be frank, they're pretty shit. But sweetie, you can get through this. Okay that sounds impossible doesn't it? Feels pretty impossible as well huh? I get it, but you can't keep on running away from it all. I know you feel you don't deserve happiness, but you can't carry on living like this so your going to have to let it into your life at some point.

You think you need him right now. But what you need more is to let him go. It will hurt like hell, but you deserve more than this. I know you keep on thinking you can just be friends, that just talking will be fine, but it won't. He's not a good person to rely on, you know that now. You thought he was different and that you could trust him, it's not true. He's had plenty of time to change what he did, make it up some way but he hasn't. Forget him. And I know this is horrible to hear, but he wasn't good for you, really, and you really really do deserve so much more than what he gave you. Stop beating yourself up over it. You can't change it, try to accept it all. He mattered a lot at that time in your life but now the more he matters the more it hurts you.

Let your friends in a bit more, Faye. They worry so much, more than you want to realise. They care, a lot. They want to help. Let go of your inhibitions with them. You choose your friends, which mean they chose you and you chose them. They are some of the best people in your life right now. I know you sometimes feel like you have no where to turn to, that there's no where to be completely open, try it with them. They're reaction will be more helpful than you expect.

Okay, your family is stressing you out. There's this whole 'atmosphere'. Another thing to deal with right? But again it's because they worry. So they worry, they make it worse but it's only because they care so much and feel so helpless. I know your angry at your mum for making a mountain over a molehill over that incident but you kind of did as well. I know that it was never meant to be known to anyone else, so you let yourself be melodramatic and wallow in self pity but you could have been honest earlier. Now is the time to be honest. Write it down, read it out, think about it. Then go tell her frankly what happened and tell her frankly why it is of no concern, and this is going to the hard bit because you feel so guilty, tell her why. It's a complete mess of a situation, but you can fix it. I know you can. Keep calm, cool and level-headed. The sooner it happens the sooner it's over. Sweetie, if you do that you will have been so brave and I will be so so proud of you.

I'm not going to say keep on smiling because if you don't want you don't have to. But what I do want to say is keep on surviving. You've done so well to get to this point. You have more strength than you ever thought you could have. Don't give up. Hang in there and it will get better. I promise.

Faye
x

Excellent thread idea by the way! I love it

Feel free to PM me

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think its forever
-Carl Sagan

Last edited by Faye.; October 5th 2009 at 09:56 PM.
  Send a message via MSN to Faye. Send a message via Skype™ to Faye. 
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - September 3rd 2009, 09:36 PM

Kayla;

be strong and hang in there. i know you can. (:
you have people who love you, and God is always there for you!

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Magical Forest. Offline
Crazy Penguin Lady
I can't get enough

Name: Hannah

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - September 3rd 2009, 11:01 PM

I'm just gonna write this as if i'm speaking to someone else that has an identical situation as mine, I find it too hard to adress it to myself. Maybe one day I will do that....

H,

You have to keep on fighting, girl. Look at all the work you did in Northgate, do you really want to mess that up and disappoint everyone again? Not only that but do you want to disappoint yourself? You know the answer to that, H, and you know what you have to do.

Yes things are tough at the moment, but doesn't everyone get tough days? You just might experience them tougher than other people, but that's okay. You're a much stronger person than them, look at what you've had to deal with in the past 5 years! All of that pain and suffering and you've come out of the other side a much better person. You CAN handle what life throws at you, you just don't want to believe that at the moment. Yes, you dont WANT to believe it, not that you CAN'T. You know there's a difference between the two, you have to WANT these things my dear.

Self Harm? What's that? Look at the HUGE difference you've made in a year. This time last year you couldn't go through a day without needing to, and what are you at now? 8 weeks? Well done H! I know you slipped up and had to let go of the amazing 6 months that you did, but maybe that wasn't your time, maybe NOW is your time to finally give up the addiction you've been battling for years. I know you can do it, and I know that YOU know you can do it, it's just buried inside somewhere. Look for it!

You have Daniel, please don't push him away. He's an amazing guy and has made you the happiest i've ever seen you, yet you're scared that his affection is false and that you don't deserve it. Listen girl, you DO deserve it. Yes people have hurt you in the past, some in such horrible horrible ways, but you need to trust him H, he's a good'un! Don't let your love for the hatred you have for yourself get in the way of this relationship, it can be so great for you if you let it.

Please let this sink in, H. It's the truth, whether you want to believe me or not.
Take care of yourself!

Hannah
xx

(#27 (permalink)) Old
alonealways Offline
^.^
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jessica

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - September 3rd 2009, 11:33 PM

~Possibly Triggering.

Hey there Kimmi!

What a crazy year it's been huh? Getting sick every other day and having no clue what's wrong with you? Having an asthma attack triggering a panic attack at school? Then being sent home that same day for strep throat. Then that turning into pneumonia and giving you permanent lung damage! Plus having a SEPERATE lung infection! WOW! You made it through all that, you crazy loon! <3

Of course there was this FABULOUS summer! Getting helicoptered out of camp for having an asthma attack and ending up in the camp hospital every week and being hooked up to oxygen. Taking medicine every four hours, even though you've refused to take medicine for 4 years! You go girl, way to take care of yourself! (:

And way to plow through camp on those crutches! Pushing yourself up those hills? Crazy stuff there! You're so mentally and physically strong. Look at all you went through yet you kept going to school and passed all your classes. You went back up to camp and had a blast! Made so many friends that now you have three different FAMILIES!

Not to mention you finally have guys looking your direction now that you're looking up! You've gone without self harm for 3 weeks and a whole day! That's incredible. (: Not to mention you actually called a hotline to get help. I'm really proud of you.

Look at your accomplishments. Getting into every dance of Monday's show, nailing a quartet part where YOU alone carry the harmony part at rehearsal, and getting yourself a solo. PLUS getting two major compliments from the strictest dance teacher ever? Those are HUGE accomplishments. You really shine and I'm so happy to see you go this far. Junior year of high school? Joining clubs? Volunteering at camps?

Keep your hope up girl. You've gotten through all this so you could help others. Not the ideal way but you've made it through. Proof that others can too. Stay strong. You're a beautiful girl. People love you.
I love you.
Kimmi.

~What a great idea!

(#28 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - September 4th 2009, 12:40 AM

i'm writing this to myself.. but my fifteen year old self, so like a year ago?.. if that makes sense.

Elle,

something life changing is about to happen to you. something is going to come into your life.. something you least expect. you're going to be terrified. you won't know what to do, you won't know who to turn to. you'll be scared. you'll be scared that you're going to lose all your friends. that's not going to happen. your friends love you. your friends are going to show you what unbelievably amazing people they are.

you are going to feel like this christmas is your last. you're going to wake up on christmas morning with tears in your eyes, wondering if you're gunna make it to next year. dreading what is ahead of you. you're going to feel like life is so fucking unfair. you will think that you are never going to be happy every again, at least not while this thing is in your life. but that's not true. you can and will be happy. you're not going to let this take over your life.

this thing that comes into your life, it's not going to care about you. it's going to attack you, beat you down, make you re-evaluate your life completely.. but it won't break you. you will think about giving up, you'll think that theres no point in fighting anymore. you are going to be wrong. your friends will lift you out of that tough time. there will come a time where you think you've put this demon behind you only to be confronted with it once more. right about this point you will feel like life isn't fair. you will feel like you can't take any more that life is going to throw at you. you'll cry, you'll cry a lot.. but you won't give up.

there will come a time next summer where you will feel confused. you won't know what to do. you're still fighting this thing that has come into your life, but at the same time you want to forget about it. you don't want to let this thing rule your life, but you're scared. take that risk. it'll be the best decision you ever made. i promise you.

a year from now you will look back on the year you've had and you will not believe it. you will wake up in the middle of the night and think it's all a bad dream. you won't believe that you've been strong enough to make it through the next year.

over the next year you will appreciate every single minute of every single day. in a weird way you will learn how to live your life. you'll take risks & you'll find out who your true friends are.

you're going to be dealt a rough hand this year. but you will get through this, even though you'll still be fighting this thing this time next year.. you will know that you have the strength, courage and determination to beat it.

it's not going to be easy but you'll never give up, because i know you better than you know yourself.

with love,

Elle. xoxo

p.s. keep smiling and never lose your sense of humour.

fucking hell i cried so much writing that :[

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#29 (permalink)) Old
Shopaholic Offline
Average Joe

Name: Megan

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - September 5th 2009, 03:02 PM

Dearest Megan,
I know life is tough but look how far you have come. Try keeping positive everything will work out soon or later. Guess what only two more years and you will be in college. Is that exciting or what. Megan you are so strong I know you feel like breaking but you can do this. It may not seem like your loved all the time but you are. Have a good life because I know you will do great things and are worth being treated right.
Love always,
Me

(#30 (permalink)) Old
Dancer*44 Offline
Helper
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kristi

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - September 7th 2009, 08:32 AM

Kristi,

Your an amazing friend, despite the feeling sometimes you always have people that care for you and will walk with you in life. You can do this, its not easy but you have the faith and the support. Don't let them get to you - dont let what they think impact you, its your life and your choices. Do what makes you happy. Be YOU not the person they think you should be.

Do what your heart tells you, not what they think. Don't second guess your decisions. Follow your heart not the wind.

Keep smiling, cuz Jesus Saves !!!!!

Feel free to PM me if you need anything, I'd Be happy to help & I'm happy to listen or help anytime.

So We Will not Fear, even if the earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea.

Psalms 46:2

(#31 (permalink)) Old
Person
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - September 13th 2009, 10:59 PM

Wow thank you for all your letters, everyone! This is fantastic ^^

Lawl.

(#32 (permalink)) Old
Lil Offline
I'm here
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lil

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - September 16th 2009, 01:21 AM

(very possible this could be triggering)

Lillian,
i know you feel so lost and confused right now.You feel like your not worth shit and dont deserve any happiness but what your friends tell you is true you are beautiful,amazing,sweet and a good friend.I know at times it feels like your mom doesnt love you when shes always yelling and cussing but you know she does.Your friends where right he was an idiot to let someone as amazing as you slip through his fingers.Even though it hurts to see him ignore your every single day hes not worth the trouble, and you didnt do anything wrong.
As much as you dont want to admit it to yourself you know deep down you have a problem, you cant keep throwing up your food like this, or self harming yourself as punishment.What happened to never being just another statitistic?sweetie you deserve so much better than that and if you keep this up you know very well you could die,you dont want to die yet,i know it.
Your a sophmore in highschool and only have t2 years till college and you feel you have no direction in your life but you will find it.You made into honors classes but there hard give your self a break.Growing up scares the shit out of you but i know you can do it.None of your friend know about your self harming or throwing up,i think it might be time to let them know the real you.Trust them,you chose them and they love you more than you think.
Get help sweetie,your deserve so much more you are beautiful.
I love you,
Lillian

(this thread is amazing writing that to myself was hard and made me cry but i think i really needed it and so did many others)

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
Cut free since March 6th 2013
Purge free since March 8th 2013

(#33 (permalink)) Old
Hdjdjdjduvieg Offline
Wandering Wayfarer
I've been here a while

Name: no

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - September 16th 2009, 06:02 AM

Dear Phineas,

I commend you. You've been hanging in there, bud. It's been over two weeks since your last injection, and you're going strong. Though the main reason you haven't shot up that's really feeding your determination is your overall lack of money, you can keep from doing it regardless. Friday is your real test, when you get your paycheck. Though you will be tempted, don't do it. You haven't needed it for these two weeks, and you don't need it now. You're finally regaining consciousness and your true being is returning, please don't go back to who you became. Your eyes are opening once again, rejoice and do not regress. Keep your eyes on the future and what you can accomplish. You know you're happier now than you were.

Regards,
Phineas

I love the name of honour more than I fear death.

(#34 (permalink)) Old
...and pitchfork red
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Rosary

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - September 17th 2009, 07:49 PM

Rose,
Don't do it. You're tired. Close your eyes. Breathe deeply. Think about the one you love. You are stronger than this. It's ok. Go to sleep.
Don't do it. Don't hurt yourself any more.
xxx

Have a free hug.

Why be stingy? Take another.

It's gonna be okay.

(#35 (permalink)) Old
Lil Offline
I'm here
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lil

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - September 17th 2009, 09:22 PM

Lilliy,
you can do this.reach out for help that is offered.I love you.

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
Cut free since March 6th 2013
Purge free since March 8th 2013

(#36 (permalink)) Old
Person
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - September 18th 2009, 05:05 AM

Krystianna~
Oh dear. Who knew you would actually put yourself out there again. Just remember that if you get heartbroken, you will be a stronger person for it. I love you, my dear. Hang in there and keep up that positive attitude of yours

Lawl.

(#37 (permalink)) Old
Person
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - September 18th 2009, 05:12 AM

Letter to all people on this thread:

I am so proud of all of you! It is so inspiring to see you guys encouraging yourselves! (I'm getting all teared up writing this.. lol) You guys are all extremely great human beings and I commend you for stepping up and being your OWN best friend. Keep up the good work =) And remember, if you guys need anything I'm here for ya
LOVE YOU GUYS!

Lawl.

(#38 (permalink)) Old
alonealways Offline
^.^
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jessica

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - September 18th 2009, 05:46 AM

This is going to be a lot harder since things are bad lately...

Triggering. (I totally just put "Tiggering" and had to fix it.. haha)

Don't. Do. It. Use the scissors for your English project and nothing more. (And look at all your accomplishments in school so far...)... getting transferred out of a chem class to a whole different teacher and being 6 days behind.. then making up all 11 pages in one night! Plus doing an intense english project! Knock out this trig, go to bed, and keep your head up. People love you.... it's hard to see it but they do. Sometimes you want to stab yourself over and over again and fall in a puddle of tears and melt into the earth. I know that. But what about the other times? The other times when you see your friends and hug them and they love you and you love them and what about that huh? Why hurt yourself when you have them all by your side? Why do you do it? Put down the scissors.. don't do it.

That made me cry and I'm not sure it even helped..

(#39 (permalink)) Old
Illumination13 Offline
Jackie
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jackie

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - September 18th 2009, 06:07 AM

Dear Jackie,

It's been a while since we last spoke. Just wanted to tell you it's okay to make mistakes and have regrets in life. It's okay to be confused and feel scared. The time that is coming is full of change for you. Separating parents is difficult, but you need to be strong. You need to go to college and study hard. Get a job and try not so hard to look for love because it'll come to you. You are an amazing artist and I don't think you've really seen that. Please paint again and never stop. Be strong for your sister and don't argue all the time. Love your parents because they have been there for you always and it's difficult for them too. It's okay to cry. Scream it out. Find happiness please. Stay positive. I know negativity can hit you and you feel hopeless sometimes and depressed, but you need to be the person everyone sees internally as well. Don't hide your feelings. Be bold, be yourself! dye your hair a crazy color. You are young and the world is spread out before you. Stop lazing around, clean your room. Life happens this way simply because it does so just live it. Travel if you can.

I wish you the best. I love me!

-Jackie

(Bloo) Mac you're just a boy.
(Mac) But you're not even human!
(Bloo) But I'm not a kid.

(Mac) You're younger than me!
(Bloo) But I'm not a kid.

(#40 (permalink)) Old
lauren_160 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauren

Re: Write a letter to yourself =) - September 19th 2009, 08:53 PM

Lauren,
woah look at how far you've come, what is it now, since march cut free? remember that time you were 15 doing your gcse mocks, and you didnt even think you could make it to the next exam, let alone coming out with 11 a-c's, then sixth form, i know you didn't get the grades you expected in year 12, but look at how far you've come, you beat your self up about it, but seriously, from how well you've done, being like 14 years old barely able to get out of bed being so depressed, and now look at you, in your last year of sixth form.
Your childhood is supposed to be the best years of your life, you missed out on that, but don't keep looking back in anger at the people that hurt you the most, tbh you probably wont ever let out those things that happened to you, you try not to talk about it, but why dont you open up?, from now on have a good time, do what makes you happy you deserve it, go out get wasted, have one night stands if you want (but be safe :P) but still do your work, this is your last year, then off to uni,

Be happy Lauren, do whatever it takes, and dont care what others think of you <3

Lauren

"The stars are always there but we miss them in the dirt and clouds. We miss them in the storms. Tell them to remember hope. We have hope."

"But in the ruins there is still a canvas. There is still beauty in your brokenness. The faded scars show healing reminding me that even though I’ve been in dark places, I’ve survived and learned and become stronger".

Closed Thread