TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Games and Things Here you can find popular chit-chat threads like games and surveys.

Note: Posts made in this forum don't contribute towards your post count.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.88 average.
  (#8681 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,884, Level: 26 Points: 33,884, Level: 26 Points: 33,884, Level: 26

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 8th 2016, 08:47 PM

So, you are capable of working with and around a disability; unless it’s mine. And, they get to call you by your first name while I was called unprofessional. And for the record, I don't remember ever calling you that to your face, but trust me, your last name without the Dr. wasn't the most offensive thing I could've come up with. That's not even meant to be offensive, it's verbal shorthand for me which again, I don't use to their face. Once again I’m the exception to everything. I swear to God, I’m over this.

I was treated completely differently and you all know it. My guess is that my reputation really is shot and that they lied to me. I would completely believe that.

It scares me that you're this naive and gullible. Not only do you believe whatever anyone tells you, but had you done your research like you claimed you do so well, you wouldn't have ended up in this mess to begin with.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

Last edited by Kate*; September 10th 2016 at 04:45 AM.
  (#8682 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 13th 2016, 02:01 PM

I think we can all agree that it went from dream to nightmare very quickly. That doesn't mean that

1. My desire for it diminished
2. Losing it didn't cause damage
3. Leaving one nightmare didn't land me right in the middle of a waking one that never seems to end.

I think I will always want it. I don't think I'll ever get out of this, and as much as I want a "better" happy ending, I'm more than aware that one is not garenteed. I want to go back and finish the now unfinishable. I want what I've always wanted.

Obviously you do because you bothered to comment on it. Or do you have nothing better to do than insult people over their opinion on an issue that you don't even understand. Good for you, you've made yourself look like an immature idiot.

I want to tell you, but I won't. I broke and you don't have to care.

Last edited by Kate*; September 15th 2016 at 04:46 PM.
  (#8683 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 14th 2016, 01:18 AM

I don't even know where to start. I love you and I'm sorry I was too unwell to come and see you last week. I know you wouldn't blame me for it but I feel so sad that I couldn't, and now this is going to happen. You're one of the best people I've ever met and I'm so so proud I know you. I'm scared for everyone else and I'm scared I'll cry in front of people and I'm scared you'll be on your own. You're perfection and I love you more than words can say, I just hope you know that. I hope you know I love you.
  (#8684 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I've been here a while

Name: Calaer

Points: 20,292, Level: 20 Points: 20,292, Level: 20 Points: 20,292, Level: 20

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 14th 2016, 11:36 AM

I do miss you, and I've forgiven you, but I'm not so sure I'm ready to invite you back in to my life. You crossed a line that, I'm afraid, you'll never be able to come back from.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

(#8685 (permalink)) Old
SirJordan Offline
Twitter: @sirjordanhardy
Average Joe

Name: Jordan

Points: 5,285, Level: 10 Points: 5,285, Level: 10 Points: 5,285, Level: 10

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 14th 2016, 11:49 AM

I kissed your gf whilst you went on holiday :/

"Carefree, wherever we may be. We are the famous CFC" - Chelsea Football Club
  (#8686 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 15th 2016, 05:06 PM

I wish you could be more trust worthy. I really wish I could invite you back in to my life.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

(#8687 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 16th 2016, 12:23 AM

I love you. It's killing me to know I can't see you again. You're such an amazing person and I miss you more than words can say. I wish this was a bad dream. It still feels like one. I thought we'd have so many more years with you. I thought you'd get to see me make something of myself, and that you'd see my brother and sister grow and become amazing people just like you were. I'm so sorry you had to hurt so much. I'm so sorry yuo're gone.
  (#8688 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 16th 2016, 06:07 AM

I'll probably end up telling you something anyway, even if you can't do anything. Maintaining contact just in case, that's all it is. I know you claimed you did it to protect me, but sending me crashing into this new hell of a reality was no better. Don't know what I expect you to say. The only reason I'm even expecting a response at all is because I've always gotten one.

Every time I ended up in your office you told me I wasn't wasting your time, but it ended up wasted so I did. And you said that even if it ended that it wouldn't be wasted, but I can't prove that I learned it or use it, so it was. Not only do I not get to have the life I want, but I don't get to have one at all. I should've given up before I even started. I fight like hell for my whole life to end up with nothing and it's not worth it anymore. I want you to make this better, but you can't and we both know it. I finally learned when to quit. There's just no point and I've had enough.

I don't think I'll ever know how much of it was really my fault, and that tortures me. And I have to watch everyone else start their lives by getting their dream jobs doing what I was so close to and wanted to do so badly. Can you at least make it stop hurting so much?

I have to be really careful with what I tell you. Even if you could do something, I don't want to put it on you. That's not what I want to use you for, but I feel like it'll eventually come out that suicide is virtually guaranteed at this point. Not everyone gets a happy ending. And it has nothing to do with how hard I fought either because we both know how much work I did that didn't count for anything.

Last edited by Kate*; September 19th 2016 at 02:32 AM.
  (#8689 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 16th 2016, 11:49 PM

How dare you say your own mother is just a chapter in your life. She died. That doesn't offer the chance of a new beginning it means you can never see the woman who gave you life again. You'll never see the woman who gave you chance after chance even though you treated her like shit. How dare you say that mother and child bonds are important and that's why your 'little unit' will be ok. How dare you. You deserve nothing from us. You have been treated better than you deserve already so don't you dare complain when you bought this on yourself. I've never been so disgusted by supposed family before you. Absolutely ridiculous. I hope people turn their back on you just as you did and you have nowhere to turn or run this time because the woman who showed you so much love has gone now and you definitely don't stand a chance with us.
  (#8690 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 18th 2016, 11:44 AM

I've never wanted to forgive you before. I've always wanted to hold it against you, and tell people I don't really like you, but I know this isn't what he wants for my life. I'd rather follow his example any day, than to follow my own.

(#8691 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 19th 2016, 08:33 PM

I'm worried about going to your flat tomorrow because I know you won't be there. I'll see your bed and probably your walking stick and your cats and pictures but you'll never be there again. I'm still struggling with reality even though I know you'd probably think it's ridiculous and tell me to stop being so silly. I wish you could tell me that.
  (#8692 (permalink)) Old
emc2100 Offline
Hoping For HelpLink Live chat
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Linda

Points: 4,198, Level: 9 Points: 4,198, Level: 9 Points: 4,198, Level: 9

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 20th 2016, 12:40 AM

I hate life, Its really depressing i have nobody to rely on i have nobody to talk to, i'm here all by myself and it Hurts me so much. i hate everything, i wish i was NORMAL

(#8693 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 20th 2016, 07:15 AM

Right now, I don't see a future with you.
  (#8694 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 22nd 2016, 01:13 PM

I wish you were more supportive and caring.

(#8695 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 22nd 2016, 05:47 PM

Stop acting like you know everything. They aren't even the same thing.

Yes, I know a diagnosis 20 years ago would've meant a better life now, but you know what? Life didn't give me that option.

I think I'll always wonder that, but it's a question I can never ask.

I extended an olive branch, she broke me with it. Thanks for keeping me away from her, I know you didn't have to do that. I suspected that her (obvous to other people) dislike of me was spilling into areas where it shouldn't have (like my grades) Although, she supposedly liked me and had nothing bad to say about me, but broke me with my own attempt to fix things. Maybe it doesn't matter anymore. Maybe she was trying to help. I'm sick of trying to figure it all out. All I know is that she had no right to tell me what I do and don't feel, she spoke for you when she shouldn't have (and was wrong about what you said), and couldn't keep her story straight or lied to you. And my life fell apart because of it. I feel like I'm never getting out of this.

I don't know what I want from you. Even if you could give me what I think I probably want, you probably won't, you don't have to, and you no longer owe me anything. The only reason I'm expecting a response at all is because you've always given me one; and I'm always grateful for it.

Last edited by Kate*; September 25th 2016 at 07:44 AM.
  (#8696 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,657, Level: 29 Points: 40,657, Level: 29 Points: 40,657, Level: 29

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 23rd 2016, 08:48 AM

It's been years since I thought about you. I haven't let myself, to be honest. Thinking about you now hurts. I hope you're okay and that you're safe. I hope you've managed to make peace with yourself and that you're on the way to being happy. I'm sorry for the way it all went down and I hope you've somehow managed to forgive me. From the bottom of my heart, I just hope you're still here and that you're good.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie
  (#8697 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 23rd 2016, 12:50 PM

I want to invite you back in, and have you come back, but I know that isn't going to work out, and that just makes me so sad.

(#8698 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 25th 2016, 11:04 PM

Not referring to someone here. No, your can't expect the world to cater to your sensitivities. You are the one responsible for managing your triggers. Life is not inpatient. The idea that everyone else has to adjust for you doesn't fly, mostly because it's not practical. This sense of entitlement you have won't get you very far in life. I know you probably don't realize that though.

You keep reassuring me that I can do anything I want with a degree in anything because "You can make it your own" and a lot of people don't end up using the one they earn. There are three problems with this: You don't have one, so you don't know how this works, and the fact that you keep going to for-profit schools even after getting screwed proves that. This doesn't always apply when someone has a disability, and the examples you give me of people who don't use their degrees are so rich that they don't NEED to use their degrees for anything. Almost no one ends up making that much.

You keep leaving later and later. In the almost 2 years you've been doing this for her, the time you leave has shifted 3 hours. I know we need the money, but I warned you when you started of what you already knew.

Last edited by Kate*; September 28th 2016 at 07:30 PM.
  (#8699 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 26th 2016, 01:44 PM

I'm so glad you went to church yesterday.

(#8700 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Points: 24,570, Level: 22 Points: 24,570, Level: 22 Points: 24,570, Level: 22

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 27th 2016, 06:46 PM

Please for the love of god start acting like the adult you are

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."
  (#8701 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 27th 2016, 11:44 PM

Does he really have to stay over four times in the two weeks since everything went to shit for me? I'm fuming. You don't give a shit about anybody but him.
  (#8702 (permalink)) Old
Jess_5sos Offline
a.k.a. Jessica Rowland
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jessica

Points: 4,823, Level: 10 Points: 4,823, Level: 10 Points: 4,823, Level: 10

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 28th 2016, 02:59 AM

I think it's uneccesary for you to spend your time picking on me and treating me like shit. You tell me you hate me, tell me something I don't know. Even I hate me.
  (#8703 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 28th 2016, 01:48 PM

I hope you get some sort of inspiration from me. Don't mistake this as a kindness. I'm not doing this for you.

(#8704 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 28th 2016, 10:56 PM

- I wish I could bring you back. It feels like it happenes so long ago. I miss you so much. I'm aiming high to make you proud of me, so you have a granddaughter who wont disappoint you like I know she did.

- You'll ave to forgive me if I actually don't want to have a conversation with you after all. I don't even want to make eye contact with you anymore.
  (#8705 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 29th 2016, 03:51 AM

I want to help you. I believe my purpose is to help people, somehow if not that way, but there's only so much I can do.

I hope it's not as awkward as I think and I'm just seriously overthinking it.

Please don't interrogate me, I'll be tired and I don't feel like talking about the fact that I have no life.

Last edited by Kate*; October 1st 2016 at 08:05 AM.
  (#8706 (permalink)) Old
"Now don't lose your fight kid
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Destiny/Alex(ander)

Points: 6,012, Level: 11 Points: 6,012, Level: 11 Points: 6,012, Level: 11

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 29th 2016, 01:09 PM

I'm not happy. I haven't been happy in a long time. You say that I never do anything for you... But I do. I've hidden all my pain and problems. To make you happy.

Keep holding on. xXrawrXx
  (#8707 (permalink)) Old
Storyteller. Offline
Spite and coffee.

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Charlie
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 106,519, Level: 46 Points: 106,519, Level: 46 Points: 106,519, Level: 46

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - October 1st 2016, 06:47 AM

I'm getting a weird vibe from you all of a sudden and I genuinely can't tell if it's just me reading too much into it.

"Love means never having to say
you're a werewolf."
  (#8708 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - October 3rd 2016, 07:02 AM

I'm tempted to tell you for a complete lack of other options, but even if I could bring myself to do that, and you could do something, you wouldn't. You responded when you didn't have to, but I think your legitimate care for me may have gone out the window on dismissal day.

I know you wanted me so badly and that you fought for me, but I'm too limited to fight for myself and I've had enough. I wish you were enough for me to hold on for. I was hoping that there were options I just didn't see, but there aren't, so there's no point anymore. For the record, I tried to tell you 3 times.

I finally know what it means to have a problem for every solution. You are making your life (and ours) SO much harder than it needs to be. I have it too and I learned to keep my mouth shut. Either treat it, do what you need to do (EAT what we bring you it's NOT that F***ING HARD) or STOP WHINING.

Last edited by Kate*; October 6th 2016 at 03:53 AM.
  (#8709 (permalink)) Old
"Now don't lose your fight kid
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Destiny/Alex(ander)

Points: 6,012, Level: 11 Points: 6,012, Level: 11 Points: 6,012, Level: 11

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - October 3rd 2016, 02:02 PM

What you did. .. it still hurts

Keep holding on. xXrawrXx
  (#8710 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - October 3rd 2016, 04:45 PM

I love you as a friend and I have a huge crush on you, and it sucks because we can't even keep in contact after I leave where I am. I love talking to you and you put me in a better mood. I am so glad you feel comfortable around me to share your shit with even though I am a client.
  (#8711 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - October 3rd 2016, 11:50 PM

I'm sorry I gave in..
  (#8712 (permalink)) Old
chewystuff2023 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Riley

Points: 4,050, Level: 9 Points: 4,050, Level: 9 Points: 4,050, Level: 9

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - October 9th 2016, 01:37 AM

I would do anything to have you in my arms i would do anything to "make you feel my love" ( it's title of an Adele song) I will always be there for u, but i dont think u would do the same for me, would you.
  (#8713 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount39

Edit avatar

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - October 9th 2016, 05:56 PM

My heart shattered when you whispered "I love you" because I knew I was going to shatter yours. I cared about you so much, but I was never in love with you. That's why I wouldn't finish the dance or kiss you that night. I was never in love with you and I couldn't do anything to lead you on.

And now it's two years later and you're reaching out to me again. I want to love you so badly, but I know I never will. I know that you will fall in love again too fast. That's why I'm not responding. I'm protecting the both of us.
  (#8714 (permalink)) Old
Bongo Jack Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,876, Level: 9 Points: 3,876, Level: 9 Points: 3,876, Level: 9

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - October 9th 2016, 06:07 PM

We have been close friends for the whole of Secondary School, Secondary school ended I went Sixth Form you went College. I honestly think we are going to loose contact which is really upsetting.
  (#8715 (permalink)) Old
eeba Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Esmé

Points: 5,650, Level: 11 Points: 5,650, Level: 11 Points: 5,650, Level: 11

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - October 10th 2016, 12:08 AM

I'm so sorry for everything.

I feel so silly for ever even hoping for one second that you'd have feelings for me too because you're way way way too good for me.

But then, I don't even deserve you as a friend, and you've always been the sweetest friend in the world to me, and I don't know why I couldn't have just been grateful for that and acted like an adult when you let me down in the sweetest, gentlest, most understanding way possible and still wanted to be friends with me after that.

God, I'm so sorry, you deserve so much better. I hope you aren't thinking about me because I want you to be happy and I make you unhappy because I'm an awful person.

But I also want you to know that I am thinking about you, and hoping that you're doing well.

I hope I will see you again some time.

"All will be well when the day is done"
-Peter, Paul and Mary <3
  (#8716 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount39

Edit avatar

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - October 10th 2016, 01:03 AM

I forgive you. The bruises you left took no time to heal and I made myself forget they happened. But today I remembered, and in case you remember too, I forgive you.

Last edited by DeletedAccount39; October 10th 2016 at 01:21 AM.
  (#8717 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - October 10th 2016, 02:01 PM

You've got to grow up and start taking responsibility for your actions and your children.

(#8718 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - October 10th 2016, 04:17 PM

I don't agree with it, but when you fought for the freedom we have, you gave them the right to do it. They aren't disrespecting your sacrifice, they're exercising the freedom it afforded them. Stop getting self-righteous and demanding respect. It's not what you did that they have a problem with anyway.

You realize the irony of confronting him on Facebook about the fact that Facebook is the wrong way to handle the situation(with details from your side of it), right? Instead, handle it the way that you think he should have and teach him how to do it. If you didn't want me to know about this, again keeping it off of Facebook, or at least to your messages would've been the answer there.

I know most of that was you venting about her, but I think there was some about me. Keep in mind that when you complain about her, she's not in the house and can't overhear you. When you do it about me, I CAN! So, if you need to vent about me, at least save it for when you know I'm out of earshot.

It's one thing not to believe that, it's another for it not to be true. False beliefs aren't healthy either.

Last edited by Kate*; October 13th 2016 at 04:43 AM.
  (#8719 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount39

Edit avatar

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - October 10th 2016, 05:40 PM

I wasn't going to give up on you, you didn't have to push me away. I wasn't a perfect friend but I never would have given up on you.
  (#8720 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount39

Edit avatar

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - October 10th 2016, 08:55 PM

Would it have made any difference if I called you?

I miss you. I have a picture of us hanging by my bedroom door. We were so young. We both seemed so happy. I had no idea what you were going through.

I'll never forgive myself for not calling you.

No matter what anyone tells me, I know I could have stopped you.

You could still be alive right now if I had only done something.

And I'm so sorry I didn't.