TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Games and Things Here you can find popular chit-chat threads like games and surveys.

Note: Posts made in this forum don't contribute towards your post count.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.88 average.
  (#8241 (permalink)) Old
Lilyofthewest Offline
Average Joe

Name: Lily

Points: 6,218, Level: 11 Points: 6,218, Level: 11 Points: 6,218, Level: 11

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 26th 2015, 09:58 PM

Your mixed signals have left me in a situation in which I can never decide if you actually genuinely care about me, or if embracing my very existence is a tedious chore of the highest order to you.

"Looking at the stars; it's comforting to think how small we are in comparison."
  (#8242 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I've been here a while

Name: Calaer

Points: 20,292, Level: 20 Points: 20,292, Level: 20 Points: 20,292, Level: 20

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 28th 2015, 02:27 PM

I know that we don't choose the life we were given, but we choose the person we become. I do hold a grudge against you for being that person. For being that way. You are so horrible and I have no idea why you would want to be like that. It breaks my heart for everyone you are around, and everyone you choose to hangout with. Truly.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

(#8243 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,958, Level: 26 Points: 33,958, Level: 26 Points: 33,958, Level: 26

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 30th 2015, 02:58 PM

Between all your social media stuff, YouTube, and now Periscope daily, I don't blame him for seeming annoyed and sick of it; and I'm not supposed to be able to tell.

I will never blame you for doing your job, but that doesn't mean this didn't ruin my life. I have to live with the realities of this. I just wish you could understand that, or at least tell me the truth about whether you really care or if you only said that to avoid a lawsuit or because you had to and now you don't. I know you didn't like that I accused you of emotional abuse, but I stand by it because you bragged about the fact that you knew better, you got away with treating me like complete crap, destroyed my self-esteem and blamed me when I had no control over my failure, completely mishandled the dismissal, and now I have symptoms of PTSD (unless flashbacks are normal) so I'm calling it what it was and I'm not sorry I called you out. I just hope you get the serious dose of karma that I know is coming to you.

I'm not surprised these people don't want to help you with that attitude. I get it, but generally people aren't going to go out of their way to help you if you snap at them and have an attitude like that.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

Last edited by Kate*; September 1st 2015 at 03:34 AM.
  (#8244 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 30th 2015, 03:44 PM

I forgive you. Truly. All of you. I forgive all of you for everything that has ever happened. Let's just move forward from all of this.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

(#8245 (permalink)) Old
Toxic Mermaid Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Abbi

Points: 4,876, Level: 10 Points: 4,876, Level: 10 Points: 4,876, Level: 10

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 31st 2015, 12:01 AM

I feel sick like I did that day, the day I found out.
  (#8246 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 31st 2015, 01:56 PM

I worry about you, and they way you are acting lately makes me feel there is something wrong. I've noticed you've been going to the doctor's more and more. Is there anything I need to know? Are you going to be okay?

(#8247 (permalink)) Old
Chaotic mind...
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Pathetic person

Points: 9,464, Level: 14 Points: 9,464, Level: 14 Points: 9,464, Level: 14

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 31st 2015, 04:19 PM

Please don't mention her name again...
  (#8248 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 31st 2015, 09:21 PM

I wish you were here. I hate that you're like my only good friend and you're across the pond.
  (#8249 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 1st 2015, 09:13 PM

--I know he abandoned you and doesn't pay what he's supposed to, but referring to him as DB (meaning deadbeat) is really immature. Just refer to him as their dad.

--And I don't understand delaying your child's education a year/an extra year of preschool if their birthday is within the cut off. Unless my child has special needs, they will start school as soon as they're old enough, no delays or extra preschool unless it's absolutely necessary. 2 years of preschool makes NO sense to me.

These types of videos always get to me. Just like not having diabetes doesn't make you an expert on diabetes, having a son with type 1 doesn't make you an expert on type 2. This video you're making on the differences will be slanted. Type 2 isn't always someone's "fault" and you can die with type 1. They were talking about the wrong kind, but you can't hide the risks of complications and death from your son forever. Teach him the importance of taking care of himself and have the conversation in an age appropriate manner.

This is the exact kind of thing that people don't recover from. Do you get that?! Oh, wait, of course not because you only cared when you had to and now you don't. The fact that you did so much more for them and treated me so differently was just proof that you never really cared. I'm accepting fate and letting go, no point in torturing myself. It's obvious now how my life is going to go. Not that you care or will ever even know. You will never know the damage you've really done. This was my last straw and I didn't even do anything wrong; you said as much.

Last edited by Kate*; September 3rd 2015 at 04:51 PM.
  (#8250 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 2nd 2015, 01:42 PM

I want to reach out and say I'm sorry. To let you know that I need you in my life, and in Ava's life, but I realize I never will, and I realize that even if I did, you wouldn't listen.

(#8251 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 2nd 2015, 11:37 PM

Du rotet meg opp. Du, dere begge. Du fikk meg i hodet, fikk meg all koking med sjalusi. Fuck deg.

Ich hoffe, dass Sie in der Hölle schmoren.

Take a bow, I hope you're proud of yourself.
  (#8252 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 3rd 2015, 08:29 PM

How dare you say that to your son. What gives you the right to make him feel like shit because you're so narrow minded? He's been so happy here, away from your judgement and borderline abuse and you still can't let him be himself and have fun without legit making him upset. I just can't understand if. How dare you.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#8253 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 4th 2015, 05:15 PM

I wish that you could see what I see. I love you, and I wish you could be more involved in our life.

(#8254 (permalink)) Old
Toxic Mermaid Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 5th 2015, 01:35 PM

More and more I'm starting to believe that you aren't too good for me. I need to stop apologizing because you don't. I need to stop thinking I have things to apologize for.
  (#8255 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 5th 2015, 04:55 PM

--I'm not the only one you screwed over and I obviously wasn't imagining things because it never made sense to anyone else either. I'll give you the fact that you're human and I'm not saying the entire thing was a conspiracy, but something is seriously WRONG with the whole program and I'm waiting for your huge dose of Karma.

When did it change for all of you? You all started out like me, so when did you decide to start treating people like that? It's engrained because most, if not all of the professionals do it regardless of where the work. I don't want to see my friends change, but I know at least one who already has. You have the power to change it. When he confirmed my suspicions and said "We're seeing the downfall of the counseling profession." He was absolutely right. What happened to it?

--It's been said that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. You've been in positions of authority for so long that you're abusing it in multiple settings. You need to get knocked down a few pegs miss "The only people I have problems with are people I didn't hire". I was a counseling student, not a criminal. I deserve to be treated like a human being. You don't and can't run the world and you aren't exactly perfect.

--We were trained the same way so I know you know what it feels like. You're supposed to treat people better than you were treated and I would think you'd want to spare someone else from that. I guess training and humanity needs an overhaul. Edit: I think I know how it happened. You were treated that way so you started treating other people like that. It's happening to me now too.

The ethics code allowed you to dismiss me, but you used it as an excuse to abuse your power and to dismiss others without good reason.

-- This is similar to the reasons I stopped doing that. I will not be told that my feelings are "wrong" or have it suggested to me that I don't love anyone by someone who hasn't walked in my shoes

-- Don't judge a life you've never lived or decisions you have never had to make. I have very unique shoes and you will never walk in them so you get to mind your own business and keep your mouth shut. Ask me whatever you want, but don't judge something you will never understand.

Last edited by Kate*; September 7th 2015 at 04:10 AM.
  (#8256 (permalink)) Old
Toxic Mermaid Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 5th 2015, 11:58 PM

I keep thinking that I wouldn't care if I do that at your house, even though you said you'd be mad because you did something just as bad at mine.
  (#8257 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 6th 2015, 01:20 AM

We love you, even if you don't love us. We forgive you, even if you can't find forgiveness in your own heart.

(#8258 (permalink)) Old
Storyteller. Offline
Spite and coffee.

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Charlie
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 106,677, Level: 46 Points: 106,677, Level: 46 Points: 106,677, Level: 46

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 7th 2015, 12:05 PM

Forget about amicable. Just leave me alone.

"Love means never having to say
you're a werewolf."

Last edited by Storyteller.; September 7th 2015 at 12:45 PM.
  (#8259 (permalink)) Old
jamdoughnut Offline
my other ride's a rainicorn
Average Joe

Name: Jam

Points: 7,737, Level: 12 Points: 7,737, Level: 12 Points: 7,737, Level: 12

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 7th 2015, 01:30 PM

I thought that i still needed you in my life, but i guess not, seeing as you dont want me in yours. Seriously, you need to man up. Stop being such a freaking wuss about everything and stand up for once, or at least stick to your word and mean what you say. I want you to be there with me, i wish that i could talk to you and things could just go back to the way they were befor, but i guess you dont want that. You dont care about me at all then, and i guess you dont want me around. Fine. But dont you dare come crawling back to me with tears in your eyes saying that youve made a mistake and that you want me back, or some bullshit like that. You werent man enough for me, and i knew from the beginning that it would never work out, i was just too overwhelmed and actually happy for once, so i didnt want it to end. I Was just being stupid, and i thought that you would help make things better. Maybe its a good thing that we dont talk anymore, not only did you make things worse, but you still trigger me. Your just not good for me anymore.
long story short, you dont care, and you not good for me, so i dont want you in my life anymore. Im sorry if this hurts you, but you needed to hear it.

I know you are looking for a sea that lies beyond your reach
But im hoping my heart can stop you before you reach the beach
I know you have places to go
I know that you want the sea
But im hoping my heart will grow and that you'll
come back to me.....
  (#8260 (permalink)) Old
Chai. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥
I've been here a while

Points: 35,473, Level: 27 Points: 35,473, Level: 27 Points: 35,473, Level: 27

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 7th 2015, 02:27 PM

I am sorry you think I am ignoring you, but I am not. And I told you I have work because I actually have work, you yourself saw the workload dumped on me. But you still feel I said it to rub it in your face. Not my fault you left your job for some stupid reason. But seriously, stop thinking everyone means negative. Sometimes people mean things at face value. -.-
  (#8261 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 8th 2015, 02:53 PM

She would still be talking to me if it weren't for you. I'm so sorry that I had to do this, but you've brought it upon yourself. If you would act your age and be an adult this wouldn't have happened. I truly wish that this wouldn't have happened, but as I've said, You've brought this upon yourself.

(#8262 (permalink)) Old
jamdoughnut Offline
my other ride's a rainicorn
Average Joe

Name: Jam

Points: 7,737, Level: 12 Points: 7,737, Level: 12 Points: 7,737, Level: 12

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 8th 2015, 07:32 PM

Such a waste of a good life. Seriously, you don't deserve any of this. He's done more for you than you will ever realise. Why don't you stop being a bitch and act like an actual person dies in the real world?

I know you are looking for a sea that lies beyond your reach
But im hoping my heart can stop you before you reach the beach
I know you have places to go
I know that you want the sea
But im hoping my heart will grow and that you'll
come back to me.....
  (#8263 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 11th 2015, 04:28 PM

Stop sensationalizing September 11th 2001! We want to remember the World Trade Center as it was September 10th 2001 and earlier. Not with planes flying into and smoke coming out of it. Show some tact and respect! You know who you are.

Have you even considered they might be triggering for those who lost a loved one that day? No, you only care about your fat behind!
  (#8264 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 11th 2015, 05:19 PM

Hey Evan? Yeah you, the guy who schedules my shifts? EAT A FAT DICK.
Who knows, I might actually say it to his face.
  (#8265 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 11th 2015, 09:06 PM

I wish things were different, but they aren't. I'm sorry you feel the way that you do, but understand not all of us have the chances that you do.

(#8266 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 11th 2015, 09:27 PM

Two wrongs don't make a right. I never claimed to be an angel, but that doesn't justify the way I was treated, especially given your qualifications. There were more respectful and professional ways to get that across to me, and you bragged about the fact that you knew them. You had no reason not to use them, but you chose not to and then blamed me for the fact that you didn't. I just need you to admit that, but it will never happen because you can hide behind the system and use it to deny and justify everything.

Relax, I search for myself often enough to know what's protected and what's not. Thanks for the warning, but I've covered this and if I ever have reason to worry, I can delete any or all of them.

Now I remember why I didn't like you. I know what I've been through and I know that it was wrong. It could've happened without the abuse so your logic makes no sense.
I let you have a second chance and you did worse so you are blocked. I know no one has ever been in my shoes, but you immediately jump to accusing me of things I'm not doing and blaming me when you clearly have NO IDEA what I'm going through. I hope something happens that makes you understand. You're the last person there from last time that caused me to leave

Last edited by Kate*; September 14th 2015 at 07:22 PM.
  (#8267 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 13th 2015, 05:45 AM

I wish you would face the truth rather than hide from it. We both know you're lying to everyone. It's time to come clean.

(#8268 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 15th 2015, 05:06 AM

I don't mind being a reference for you on an apartment, but I would've preferred you asked me rather than just telling me you needed my address and phone number for the application.

I have to keep reminding myself that not only can't you help me with this, but you don't really want to. When I start wanting to contact you it means I'm completely out of ideas and desperate, but I'm th last thing you need right now.

Last edited by Kate*; September 16th 2015 at 03:03 AM.
  (#8269 (permalink)) Old
Haunted Offline
STAR GAZER
Average Joe

Name: Serena

Points: 10,133, Level: 14 Points: 10,133, Level: 14 Points: 10,133, Level: 14

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 15th 2015, 02:55 PM

Dear father,
claiming I'm wrong 90% of the time isn't really going to make me want to talk to you, especially because I only speak when what I'm saying is backed up by facts; breaking into my bedroom and randomly talking to me isn't going to help either, because you know I'm an introvert and that if my door is closed, it means I don't want to see anyone; if I tell you I want you to leave, it means I'm uncomfortable doing what I love in front of you, because you've judged me negatively too many times in the past; you said you haven't heard me singing for months... maybe it's because you know nothing about music but you still have the guts to tell me what I should do to do better?

Dear mother,
laughing at my anxiety because you're scared of it hurts.

Dear parents,
have you ever thought that these behaviours might be what makes me want to go away so badly?

MONACHOPSIS
the subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place, as maladapted to your surroundings as a seal on a beach—lumbering, clumsy, easily distracted, huddled in the company of other misfits, unable to recognize the ambient roar of your intended habitat, in which you’d be fluidly, brilliantly, effortlessly at home.
  (#8270 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 15th 2015, 03:00 PM

I just want you to know that I forgive you.

(#8271 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Points: 24,570, Level: 22 Points: 24,570, Level: 22 Points: 24,570, Level: 22

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 16th 2015, 01:22 AM

How could you just walk away?

You don't know how to handle kids, especially in this situation. It's more than just attention seeking, she needs as much validation as possible right now. For one of the first times, she wanted to talk about it. I wasn't going to tell her to suck it up. Your reaction makes me worried to go to work.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."
  (#8272 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 16th 2015, 08:57 PM

I HATE that you run so late all the time. You say we're leaving at a certain time, I'm ready and it ends up being 10-20 minutes before we leave because you're still doing your makeup. You tell me you're leaving at 12:30 and it ends up being like 1:15. It drives me NUTS! and for God's sake, TURN YOUR RADIO OFF! I get that you're losing your hearing, but your alarm shouldn't be waking ME up and then you walk off and leave it and I can't go back to sleep.

Telling me you feel bad doesn't pay off my debt, agreeing that it sucks doesn't make it better, saying you're sorry won't make it possible, ignoring me won't stop your guilt, blaming me won't vindicate you and offering help won't take the pain away. I desperately want what I can never have; its that simple. I never claimed to be an angel, but I will not apologize for expecting to be treated like a human being. I only have 1 regret in 3 years, and it resulted in recruiting one of the best advocates I could've had so in a way, it worked out for good.

I didn't, but don't worry, I'll never use it for anything again. This kind of thing is why I left. And now I'm gone. Probably in more ways than one.

Last edited by Kate*; September 19th 2015 at 01:26 AM.
  (#8273 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 18th 2015, 10:49 PM

I love you, and I want you to know that no matter what, I forgive you.

(#8274 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 21st 2015, 12:50 PM

Why do you have to keep yelling at the bottom of the stairs or coming upstairs just to tell people what food you made/bought. Just wait until we come down. Have you thought we could be busy doing something and you doing that completely interrupts us to the point we can't focus anymore? It's really frustrating.
  (#8275 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Raven
Pronouns: They/Them

Points: 28,132, Level: 24 Points: 28,132, Level: 24 Points: 28,132, Level: 24

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 22nd 2015, 08:26 AM

I miss you so much. I wish I had never screwed up so much and said all those things that I never meant. Everyday I remember the good moments and how I screwed it up. I'm so sorry. I could never say that enough times to you. I apologised and yet I knew it could never make up for the damage I did. I wish you could find it in you to forgive me. I'm sorry. I know I don't deserve to be around you anymore. It was so long ago but I still beat myself up over how much I ruined. We were perfect and I ruined it. I wish it never happened. At least that I never had to see you again so it didn't hurt so much when I see your face. It hurts. I could never and can never do anything to help but I wish I could. You have no idea how much. Maybe one day you will not hate me so much.

Senior HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.
  (#8276 (permalink)) Old
Storyteller. Offline
Spite and coffee.

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Charlie
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 106,677, Level: 46 Points: 106,677, Level: 46 Points: 106,677, Level: 46

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 24th 2015, 01:49 AM

It's probably not your intention, but you make me feel ignored and I'm kind of over it.

"Love means never having to say
you're a werewolf."
  (#8277 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 24th 2015, 06:22 PM

I love you, and I'm sorry things had to play out this way. I was honestly so sad when I found out that nothing had happened the first time around, but now this has been given a second chance, and I hope that someone truly can see the error in your ways, and hopefully get those children some help.

(#8278 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 26th 2015, 02:56 AM

Actually, it's more likely the setting change was an accident rather than the picture "accidentally" getting through and acting all high and mighty throwing around your perceived psudo-authority for a FACEBOOK group just makes you look completely immature. I don't know if you noticed, but most if not all the other members are okay with the change regardless. Maybe approving members will be easier on you than trying to police the posts since a group of 5 supposedly highly skilled admins managed to allow a pornographic picture into a group with teenage members despite the fact that all the posts are SCREENED first! GROW UP!

I can't wait until you MOVE so that 90% of the noise at all hours will STOP! You are seriously the WORST neighbors EVER. She says to be careful what you wish for because the next people could be worse. I doubt it. Please just go away.

Last edited by Kate*; September 26th 2015 at 04:59 PM.
  (#8279 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 27th 2015, 06:04 PM

I don't know why you are doing this to me.

(#8280 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 28th 2015, 11:25 PM

It's been four days. You're a grown ass man. Do yourself a favour and fight. This time it's not just you suffering, jesus christ. Do something about it. It's not fair on them.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff