TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Games and Things (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f35-games-things/)
-   -   Music Suggestions! (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f35-games-things/t56302-music-suggestions/)

Briana October 2nd 2010 11:48 PM

Music Suggestions!

Alright, this is going to be the new thread dedicated to music suggestions!

Ask for suggestions here and also answer other's questions for suggestions.

:)

happyfacade October 3rd 2010 12:42 AM

Re: Music Suggestions!

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good Indie band?

Crazy Filmmaker October 3rd 2010 06:04 AM

a good indie rock/pop band would be We All Have Hooks For Hands,
and for a good acoustic indie pop band would be The Scene Aesthetic

happyfacade October 3rd 2010 02:59 PM

Ok, I'll check them out. Thanks. :)

Obliviate October 3rd 2010 10:34 PM

does anyone know any bands/songs which are similar sounding to mayday parade and thirty seconds to mars...
Kinda alternate rock :)

RetroFresh October 4th 2010 01:22 AM

I need musics similar to Silent Hill music!

Mood and lyrics wise. :D

Notice: somewhat triggering.
Example one:
"ROOM OF ANGEL" - AKIRA YAMAOKA / SILENT HILL 4

2:
Akira Yamaoka - Tender Sugar

3:
Akira Yamaoka - Letter-From the Lost Days

4:
Akira Yamaoka - Hometown (The song starts at 1:03)

Algernon October 4th 2010 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainbowSkies (Post 490142)
does anyone know any bands/songs which are similar sounding to mayday parade and thirty seconds to mars...

Search Ludo. They are Gods!

Snufkin October 4th 2010 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RetroFresh (Post 490216)
3:
Akira Yamaoka - Letter-From the Lost Days(The song starts at 1:03)

Definitely check out Portishead.

RetroFresh October 4th 2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snufkin (Post 490338)

Definitely check out Portishead.

I did, they're awesome! Thanks!! :D

Idistractmyself October 4th 2010 09:59 PM

Pandora.com, which is an online radio program, find artists and songs that are similar if you search for an artist you like. For instance, I have an Enya station and it plays songs by artists that are like Enya.

I recommend Pandora.com as I use it ALL the time.

Zyzz October 5th 2010 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idistractmyself (Post 490689)
Pandora.com, which is an online radio program, find artists and songs that are similar if you search for an artist you like. For instance, I have an Enya station and it plays songs by artists that are like Enya.

I recommend Pandora.com as I use it ALL the time.

thats also pending if they have the artist on there program, ive found quite a few bands and stuff i listen to that are not on there,

so pandora is good yes if they are well known.

Snufkin October 5th 2010 06:38 AM

Not to mention it's only useful if you're from the US.

Zyzz October 14th 2010 07:36 PM

does anyone know of some good Prog Rock bands?

Snufkin October 15th 2010 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Mustaine (Post 498070)
does anyone know of some good Prog Rock bands?

Rush, Yes, The Mars Volta, Coheed and Cambria, Circa Survive, Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, Anathema.

If you wanna go a bit heavier, Dream Theater, Symphony X, Opeth, Tool (kinda, sorta).

They aren't very obscure, so if you want more, just ask. If you haven't heard any of those bands though, definitely check them out.

Zyzz October 15th 2010 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snufkin (Post 498287)

Rush, Yes, The Mars Volta, Coheed and Cambria, Circa Survive, Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, Anathema.

If you wanna go a bit heavier, Dream Theater, Symphony X, Opeth, Tool (kinda, sorta).

They aren't very obscure, so if you want more, just ask. If you haven't heard any of those bands though, definitely check them out.

ive heard of all of them XD sadly, lol, nice try though :p

xxxAJxxx October 18th 2010 05:04 PM

Hmmm. I'm wanting suggestions on a few different types of music.

Metalcore (Sounds like Miss May I, Asking Alexandria)
Post-hardcore (Sounds like Alesena, Chiodos)
Pop Punk (Sounds like Mayday Parade, early Fall Out Boy)
and some Alt Rock (Sounds like Name Taken, later Brand New)

Cause I need a bunch of fresh songs for meh iPawd.

Fictional October 18th 2010 07:27 PM

I wanna recomend Cinema Bizarre to everyone here - they're a German pop-rock/dance-rock band that sing in English, and they're awesome! ^^

Ritz13 October 18th 2010 09:20 PM

My fav bands are Marianas Trench, Faberdrive, Fall Out Boy, Paramore, Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Breaking Benjamin. Stuff like that, they're all kind of emo-like, but I think they're pretty great!

cptdean October 22nd 2010 10:38 AM

Pick-me-up songs

I couldnt see a thread on this around the forums

I got some bad news this morning and didnt get a chance to talk about it at all before I left for work.

I need some suggestions to keep me relatively happy until I get to talk about it after work as it am really worried about it at the moment.

I have unlimited access to youtube even though its blocked by the network :dem:

Obliviate October 23rd 2010 04:47 PM

listen to loads of cheesey pop.. if you want to keep happy... things like steps and sclub7
all the old groups :hehe:

Acheron October 24th 2010 12:54 AM

Song Suggestions

OK, so I'm bored of all the songs I can play already, and I want something new to try. Ideally something acoustic and fingerstyle. And, being nothing if not mercenary, I want something sweet-sounding: I already play loads of technical stuff and video-game music and Jonathan Coulton songs (:p), so I want to round out my repertoire with something kind of romantic (currently the closest song I know is First of May. If you've heard it, you'll know why I don't play it).

So, ladies of TH: which songs (that fall into the above categories) make you melt?

Oh, and anyone suggesting anything by Taylor Swift will be melted. Literally.

Obliviate October 24th 2010 01:37 PM

Re: Song Suggestions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acheron (Post 504324)
OK, so I'm bored of all the songs I can play already, and I want something new to try. Ideally something acoustic and fingerstyle. And, being nothing if not mercenary, I want something sweet-sounding: I already play loads of technical stuff and video-game music and Jonathan Coulton songs (:p), so I want to round out my repertoire with something kind of romantic (currently the closest song I know is First of May. If you've heard it, you'll know why I don't play it).

So, ladies of TH: which songs (that fall into the above categories) make you melt?

Oh, and anyone suggesting anything by Taylor Swift will be melted. Literally.

Every girl I know loves Just the way you are by Bruno Mars XD
but I love NeverShoutNever... alot of their songs are about love :)
uhh..the 'Whisper War' album by 'The Cab' is amazzzzzing
Secondhand Serenade... although some of their songs are sad, there's some real lovey dovey ones :3
The Spill Canvas are another awesome band.
And Jason Mraz is a pure genius ...

Snufkin October 24th 2010 03:50 PM

Uh, I'm not a girl, but what about Newton Faulkner?

Crazy Filmmaker October 26th 2010 09:21 PM

Re: Song Suggestions

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainbowSkies (Post 504689)

Every girl I know loves Just the way you are by Bruno Mars XD
but I love NeverShoutNever... alot of their songs are about love :)
uhh..the 'Whisper War' album by 'The Cab' is amazzzzzing
Secondhand Serenade... although some of their songs are sad, there's some real lovey dovey ones :3
The Spill Canvas are another awesome band.
And Jason Mraz is a pure genius ...

sure im not a girl but nevershoutnever and jason mraz is pretty good XD
also check out The Scene Aesthetic.

Crazy Filmmaker October 28th 2010 04:46 AM

what is a good nine inch nails album you guys would suggest?
i already have The Slip, Ghost I-IV, and The Downward Spiral

DirtyAndLeftout17 November 4th 2010 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainbowSkies (Post 490142)

Check out The Classic Crime. All. Time. Favorite. Band. :)

And then, of course, there's ATL, (All-Time Low) Every Avenue, Angels and Airwaves, The Almost, RED (they're a little harder rock, but eh.). You'd probably like The Dangerous Summer and The Rocket Summer, also.

~Mr. Self Destruct~ November 4th 2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckethead (Post 507613)
what is a good nine inch nails album you guys would suggest?
i already have The Slip, Ghost I-IV, and The Downward Spiral

The Fragile, Broken EP if you prefer the old stuff. With Teeth is reminiscent of the earlier albums, but introduces new and positive styles. Year Zero is far more electronically based than previous (and future) albums, but it's still NIN and maintains a comfortable amount of similarities to Trent's other work. It is most certainly different, but that in many ways is largely positive.
Hope I helped. :)

Fallen_Angel93 November 25th 2010 05:25 PM

Missing someone songs?

Lately I've been missing someone a lot, so I was wondering if anyone knew songs about missing someone?

Saphire November 25th 2010 08:52 PM

Re: Missing someone songs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM0-ZU8njdo

^ a song about missing people

volleyballx19 November 30th 2010 10:25 PM

Songs about...?

What are some good songs about making a mistake, or a regret? I recently did something with a guy and now people are finding out and I totally regret it. I feel absolutely terrible and I don't want anyone else to know. Do you know any good songs that kind of go with my situation? I don't really like oldies.. haha

Skeleton November 30th 2010 11:23 PM

Re: Songs about...?

I'd recommend Forget & Not Slow Down by Relient K. It's about forgetting and not thinking about the past and things that you can't change which could help in your situation as forgetting and moving on is always better then dwelling on the past and regrets.

Eternal November 30th 2010 11:44 PM

Re: Songs about...?

Flyleaf- guilty?

Having songs to relate to is always good, but try to listen to songs that make you feel good too.

Ellen December 13th 2010 10:22 PM

Songs About Identity

I'm looking for music about identity confusion. Any suggestions?

I'm a big fan of Amanda Palmer's song Straight, though I don't think that will help me in my search. :nosweat:

Verità December 21st 2010 09:34 PM

Does anyone listen to Tuva? Its this style of singing where you can sing more than one note at once, it's really hypnotic and beautiful.

Its not in English, but here's an Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVyyhHFKI8E

I really doubt it, but if anyone else knows any other Tuvan singers, could you let me know? :D

Acheron December 21st 2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conflicting♦Knowledge (Post 544308)

I really doubt it, but if anyone else knows any other Tuvan singers, could you let me know? :D

Altai KhairKhan. They're Mongolian rather than Tuvan (Tuva shares a border with Mongolia, though), and a group rather than a solo singer, but it's basically the same style of music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozLiQvO_MWM

A quick trawl through Wikipedia after looking up throat singing also turned up the Alash Ensemble, who are actually from Tuva.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDtabJKoWS0

Anyone ever mention that I'm awesome?

:p

georgelynn:) December 22nd 2010 05:41 AM

Anyone know a band that sounds like My Chemical Romance's newest album Danger Days? :)

(Easily my favorite album of all time, if you haven't heard it definitely check it out. Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys.)

Snufkin December 22nd 2010 11:58 AM

This is gonna be a really poor suggestion, but Vampire Money really sounds like the Scott Pilgrim vs The World soundtrack...Scott's band, Sex Bob-omb, is a garage band and when I heard Vampire Money, I instantly thought of the movie. So if you haven't seen it/heard the soundtrack, check it out.

Sorry I can't be of much help. It sounds like a modern day David Bowie, imo.

xdismal.angelx December 22nd 2010 03:36 PM

Songs about moving on after a break up?

What are some songs about moving on after a break up? My fiance and I broke up 5 months ago and I think I'm ready to move on with my life.

pshyaa January 1st 2011 06:28 AM

Miss Dismal Angel;
It definitely depends on how you broke up, I think. If it was a sort of mutual break up, I can only think of Boats and Birds by Gregory and the Hawk or Mexico by CAKE. When I refused to take my ex back, I felt more vindictive. A lot of CAKE songs are about a partner leaving. And if you need some fellow heartache, pop in Dyer Maker and wail along. :P If you're all about moving on, I personally like Queen's Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy or something generally upbeat. :D

Just a nobody January 30th 2011 05:59 AM

I'm willing to be a majority of you have never heard Oceansize, but check them out.

This is one of their best songs, in my opinion:

Music For A Nurse
There are lyrics in it, somewhere around the half-way mark. It's for sure different, but it's very... Just listen to it all the way through. :)