TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Birthdays! Use this forum to talk about yours or your friends' birthdays, or to wish other TeenHelp users a happy birthday.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
madeofamethyst Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sarah

Points: 6,483, Level: 11 Points: 6,483, Level: 11 Points: 6,483, Level: 11

16th birthday - June 24th 2015, 08:30 PM

I'm really sorry, I know I recently had a thread about this same issue in this section, but to be completely honest things in my life had gotten hectic and by the time I remembered to check the thread, it had already been closed, and I'm still kind of struggling with this.
So, my 16th birthday is next Thursday. I honestly don't really have any friends to hang out with...In my last thread I said that I'd thrown parties with some friends before, (only 3 people), but my relationships with them have pretty much died out since those birthday parties, and they've all kind of moved on from me. I wouldn't feel comfortable asking them over again because we really aren't close whatsoever.
I don't have my license, and none of my relatives live close enough to me to make a trip to see me. My mom would be willing to take me out to do something (likely on the weekend, which is fine, because she works during the week). But I don't have any idea what I'd want to do. And she's asked me what I'd want for my present but I don't even know what to ask for.
My mom, father, and older brother live in my house with me, but we aren't really the type of family to all go out and spend a day together, all four of us.
I'm just getting really down about all of this. It's my 16th birthday and it will probably be the loneliest one I've ever had. Are there any ideas of anything I could do or ask for?
Thank you and sorry for the second thread.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
alongfortheride Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,197, Level: 10 Points: 5,197, Level: 10 Points: 5,197, Level: 10

Re: 16th birthday - June 24th 2015, 09:47 PM

Hey
firstly happy birthday for next thursday!
As it is your birthday do something you really enjoy with company you enjoy. Inviting friends round because you feel you should might make it feel worse because you don't even enjoy their company. Is there someone you particularly enjoy being around? You could do a cinema trip or go out together even if you're not best friends.
If you really do end up spending it alone, plan yourself the best day. You could light the bathroom with candles and put on music and have a huge bubblely bath, watch a trashy romcom, eat your favorite meals- what ever you like doing Just because you are on your own, it doesnt mean that you are going to have a bad time
Also for present ideas, if you can't think of a present you particularly want, you could ask for a experience present. eg a weekend at the beach, horse riding lessons, boat for a day etc. Sometimes those are the best presents because you remember them for life
Happy birthday and good luck xxx

We were born to be
real
not perfect
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: 16th birthday - June 24th 2015, 11:48 PM

I celebrated my 17th birthday two weeks ago and my mom and I celebrated the day before because I had therapy on my actual birthday. We had lunch and walked around the mall. Maybe you can do something like that with your mom on the weekend? It's okay that you don't know what to ask for - you might end up seeing something while you're out! I like the idea of treating yourself to things you enjoy, like your favorite foods, and shows. Maybe you can paint your nails and have a nice bath like it was said above. You might end up figuring out something you want to have or do to later on, and if that's the case, maybe you can celebrate your birthday a little late. If you're lonely, log in to TeenHelp and we'll be sure to wish you a happy birthday!

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Points: 19,789, Level: 20 Points: 19,789, Level: 20 Points: 19,789, Level: 20

Re: 16th birthday - June 25th 2015, 03:03 AM

Hey there,

It's okay for not knowing what you want or what you want to do. I like the ideas that have been suggested above of going out with your mom or just by yourself. Go out to eat, go shopping, going out and getting hair and nails done, and many more. Think of what you enjoy doing the most and have a good time with it.

I also like the idea of an experience present such as taking a short trip to the beach or somewhere. Those are definitely something you'll remember.

Hope this helps and Happy early birthday to you!

[left]

"Imperfection is beauty;
madness is genius;
and its better to be absolutely ridiculous
than absolutely boring."

-Marilyn Monroe

(#5 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Points: 6,489, Level: 11 Points: 6,489, Level: 11 Points: 6,489, Level: 11

Re: 16th birthday - June 27th 2015, 04:18 PM

To be honest, I'm in a similar position when my birthday rolls around each year. I don't have a lot in the way of people I'm close to, but generally my sister and I will go out bowling, mini-putting, or something along those lines. I'm not suggesting these types of things are necessarily for you, but perhaps you could think of something you would enjoy doing with your mom.

You mentioned that your entire family isn't one to go out and do things together. But is this something YOU would like? If so, maybe that could be the birthday gift you ask for.

It's perfectly fine not to know what to ask for as a birthday present. I think many of us are in that situation during holidays and birthdays ("So, what do you want for <Insert holiday here>?" "Uh ... I don't know.").

In any event, I do hope you enjoy your day and think of something fun to do
Closed Thread