TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Birthdays! (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f37-birthdays/)
-   -   her birthday is coming up... (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f37-birthdays/t90073-her-birthday-coming-up/)

nitrax December 6th 2011 11:33 PM

her birthday is coming up...

Hey guys, :)

So i've been going out with this girl for technically 3 months. But we've been dating/together/seeing each other since like April/May. I am 17 and she is 17
So her birthday is in two days, I really like her (not love). I want to make something special out of it so she remembers it and i just wanna make her smile/happy. This is probally be our last year together since I am going off to college, so it makes it even more of a specil event.

I have been thinking alot through this and what I came up with was...

-Get her (8) Roses [because her fav # is 8] with a card wishing her happy birthday and asking if she would like to go on a date with me to her favorite ice cream place that she always talks about and wants me to go with her (or just wishing her happy birthday, idk)

-Sourpatch watermelon (her fav candy i guess haha)

-A box that I will make and write all the little memories we've had so far. "Do you remember..." and just fill it up with little papers and write stuff that we have done

- I wanted something else but i can't think of it... what you guys think? Maybe that's enough? Any input is greatly appreciated!

thanks alot sorry for long text! :D

leahchica December 6th 2011 11:42 PM

Re: her birthday is coming up...

I'd say to go for the first idea. It has meaning and would give you guys another date. The third one is also a sweet idea.... maybe save it for an anniversary or something?

nitrax December 6th 2011 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leahchica (Post 770394)
I'd say to go for the first idea. It has meaning and would give you guys another date. The third one is also a sweet idea.... maybe save it for an anniversary or something?

mhm i get what you're saying. I feel like roses and date is too little for a birthday. i am considering of throwing all 3 of them in there.

Chris December 6th 2011 11:51 PM

I have to agree, the third one seems to be for an anniversary, but if you think should like to go for it!

I do like all the other ideas though!

Have fun with it! Goodluck!

Best wishes,
Chris

nitrax December 7th 2011 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisjackson911 (Post 770401)
I have to agree, the third one seems to be for an anniversary, but if you think should like to go for it!

I do like all the other ideas though!

Have fun with it! Goodluck!

Best wishes,
Chris

dang it, what makes it seem like an anniversary present? I am not seeing it. Now I am having second thoughts and I am running out of time! :?

Chris December 7th 2011 12:38 AM

It just seems like 3 months isn't that long. If I got that present (mind I'm a male), I would be alittle freaked out as to think that my partner is obsessive or weird. If I got that as a 1 year present it would be great because we would be on a totally different level then 3 months.

I would just go with the first 2. If you think thats to less, then give her the roses, take her to dinner, then to that ice cream place! That seems like a successful night to me!

Best wishes,
Chris

Harmony♥ December 7th 2011 01:12 AM

I think the third idea is cute, and doesn't seem too much like an anniversary gift. You could put the candy INSIDE the box, that way when she opens it, she has a surprise inside, and the roses you can just hand to her, since putting them in the box would obviously crush them. I would use all 3. A girl likes something special, and well thought through, and it seems like you did a wonderful job thinking these 3 things through.

nitrax December 7th 2011 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisjackson911 (Post 770428)
It just seems like 3 months isn't that long. If I got that present (mind I'm a male), I would be alittle freaked out as to think that my partner is obsessive or weird. If I got that as a 1 year present it would be great because we would be on a totally different level then 3 months.

I would just go with the first 2. If you think thats to less, then give her the roses, take her to dinner, then to that ice cream place! That seems like a successful night to me!

Best wishes,
Chris

I finally got your point. Yeah it is a little weird and a hard hit for her to take this early. I am sticking to the roses, candy, card, picture of us and out to eat somewhere then ice cream. :)

Chris December 7th 2011 01:17 AM

Sounds great! Im sure it will be a fun night - and I know she'll love it too! :)

Hope you have fun!

Best wishes,
Chris

nitrax December 7th 2011 01:20 AM

thanks to all... I hope to enjoy my time with her and I will let you guys know what she thought of it all! :bleh:

Disappearing December 7th 2011 02:40 AM

Just wanted to say those are awesome ideas! I'm sure she'll love whatever you do. :)

nitrax December 11th 2011 07:12 PM

yeah so i gave her flowers, candy, 2 picture of us, and took her out to her favorite place in the city. i put the candy and pics inside her locker so she would open it up and be suprised, which she was...She loved everything...:D
i am so glad.. thanks everyone for the little help :hug:

Chris December 11th 2011 11:47 PM

Im glad to hear that it went well! :) Im sure she loved it!

Best wishes,
Chris