TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
crazychick10793 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Vicky

NJ man pulls gun on Neighbor for "Farting in his yard" - June 28th 2012, 04:49 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1103043

I'd like to hear your opinions on this one. I'm kind of ashamed to admit I live in this state now

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: NJ man pulls gun on Neighbor for "Farting in his yard" - June 28th 2012, 04:56 PM

He could hear it inside his apartment. Man, and I thought my boyfriend's farts were loud.

In all seriousness, I really have nothing to say here. It's stupid. A guy pulls a gun on someone for farting. Some people are just idiots, end of story.

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Will sterry

Re: NJ man pulls gun on Neighbor for "Farting in his yard" - June 28th 2012, 05:11 PM

Humanity is getting stupider every second.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: NJ man pulls gun on Neighbor for "Farting in his yard" - June 28th 2012, 05:44 PM

Ah I'd say there was something else behind it.....like he'd been annoyed about something for a while and this just broke the camel's back. I wouldn't think it's as silly as the newspapers are making it out to be.

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
crazychick10793 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: NJ man pulls gun on Neighbor for "Farting in his yard" - June 28th 2012, 06:23 PM

Even if they were fighting before, a fart does not deserve a threat of a bullet to the head

(#6 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Re: NJ man pulls gun on Neighbor for "Farting in his yard" - June 28th 2012, 07:06 PM

The man is an idiot, but...

"Making terroristsic threats"

What the hell is that?!

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I don’t seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Re: NJ man pulls gun on Neighbor for "Farting in his yard" - June 28th 2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTank77 View Post
The man is an idiot, but...

"Making terroristsic threats"

What the hell is that?!
Same - not sure I see the legal basis behind that one, leaving aside the issue of how you define "terroristic". Still, I suppose it's just another oddball aspect to probably one of the most bizarre law and order-related stories I've read in some time...

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper

Re: NJ man pulls gun on Neighbor for "Farting in his yard" - June 28th 2012, 08:46 PM

you're supposed to congratulate a man for a fart that epic, not point a gun at him.

and don't be ashamed of NJ Vicky! this state is amazing. be proud!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
crazychick10793 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: NJ man pulls gun on Neighbor for "Farting in his yard" - June 28th 2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2005 View Post
Same - not sure I see the legal basis behind that one, leaving aside the issue of how you define "terroristic". Still, I suppose it's just another oddball aspect to probably one of the most bizarre law and order-related stories I've read in some time...
Legal Definition:

TERRORISTIC THREATS

(N.J.S.A. 2C:12-3(a)

The indictment charges the defendant with committing terroristicthreats. The pertinent part of our statute is as follows: (CHOOSE APPLICABLE ALTERNATIVE)

(1) "A person is guilty of a crime if he threatens to commit any crime of violence with the purpose to terrorize another or in reckless disregard of the risk of causing such terror."

(2) "A person commits a crime if he threatens to commit a crime of violence with the purpose to cause evacuation of a building, place of assembly or facility of public transportation or otherwise to cause serious public inconvenience or in reckless disregard of the risk of causing such evacuation or inconvenience.

The prosecution must prove the following elements beyond a reasonable doubt:

1. The defendant made a threat, or threatened to commit a crime of violence against (the victims name).

there's more here but this should answer your question http://www.njlaws.com/terroristic_threats.htm

(#10 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: NJ man pulls gun on Neighbor for "Farting in his yard" - June 28th 2012, 10:45 PM

Lol.... I remember someone in the news getting arrested by police for farting. It was on FOX news, I saw it on youtube.

And now I get a clear picture of how offensive farting actually is to some people. lol. I might have said this before... but occasionally you get that person in the street, or on the bus stop (they're usually much older), a total stranger, who doesn't like your hairstyle, or what you're wearing, or fuck knows what their problem is in their backward head... and they feel an urge to reprimand you over it or give you a bollocking. What do I do? I pretend I can't hear them and squeeze out a fart. I mean... if a 65 year old is allowed to be immature, surely I am allowed too? I can also talk shit, literally. lol

I'll never forget when I first did it. I couldn't keep a straight face.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: NJ man pulls gun on Neighbor for "Farting in his yard" - June 28th 2012, 11:32 PM

The man farting is obviously to blame here!

He began this engagement with chemical warfare against his neigbor's territory and populace, unfortunately it seems he has won, as the ill prepared man brought a gun to a chemical fight.

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Re: NJ man pulls gun on Neighbor for "Farting in his yard" - June 29th 2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychick10793 View Post
Legal Definition:

TERRORISTIC THREATS

(N.J.S.A. 2C:12-3(a)

The indictment charges the defendant with committing terroristicthreats. The pertinent part of our statute is as follows: (CHOOSE APPLICABLE ALTERNATIVE)

(1) "A person is guilty of a crime if he threatens to commit any crime of violence with the purpose to terrorize another or in reckless disregard of the risk of causing such terror."

(2) "A person commits a crime if he threatens to commit a crime of violence with the purpose to cause evacuation of a building, place of assembly or facility of public transportation or otherwise to cause serious public inconvenience or in reckless disregard of the risk of causing such evacuation or inconvenience.

The prosecution must prove the following elements beyond a reasonable doubt:

1. The defendant made a threat, or threatened to commit a crime of violence against (the victims name).

there's more here but this should answer your question http://www.njlaws.com/terroristic_threats.htm
It was a comment rather than a request for information, but I appreciate the statute being posted anyway. It does illustrate my point quite well, though, insofar as the reference to "serious public inconvenience" - "inconvenience" is a rather vague term to use in the context of terrorism - and the lack of a specific definition of "terrorize" in the context of the test. It does leave the use of the charge open to a lot of variation based on which DA is seeking to indict...but this is running the risk of going very off-topic so I'll stop there!

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick

(#13 (permalink)) Old
JohnCoop Offline
Average Joe

Name: John W. Cooper

Re: NJ man pulls gun on Neighbor for "Farting in his yard" - June 29th 2012, 10:54 PM

This is why we can't have nice things. Both guys are idiots.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: NJ man pulls gun on Neighbor for "Farting in his yard" - July 1st 2012, 12:15 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJSkDwp6c_g

Says it all for me.

Both parties are idiots, no need to threaten to shoot the guy, just tell him to quit eating beans.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#15 (permalink)) Old
marshpit Offline
The Unfriendly Ghost
Not a n00b

Name: Colin

Re: NJ man pulls gun on Neighbor for "Farting in his yard" - July 2nd 2012, 01:24 AM

This guy obviously shouldn't be allowed to have guns.
And the other guy needs to eat less fiber.

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's meant to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

Closed Thread