TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Corrie

Gov. Cuomo considers gun law 'corrections' - March 4th 2013, 09:05 AM

Source: http://www.timesunion.com/local/arti...ns-4313747.php

Gov. Cuomo considers "technicality corrections" too allow Movie productions to use / buy AR-15 style and other banned firearms to use in New York (specifically NYC) to film movies. It frustrates me that the Government is always more willing to "consider" provisions for money rather then giving people the right to defend themselves. This whole NY-SAFE Act is one big pile of poo. Gov. Cuomo waived the 3-day-waiting period. And had the NY Government vote on it, only 2 hours after the text of the bill was released. I wonder how they could pass a bill that they didn't fully read, seems too me they all should be fired, because Politicians are so trustworthy, ha.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Mitch Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mitchell

Re: Gov. Cuomo considers gun law 'corrections' - March 5th 2013, 07:24 AM

I find it incredibly disturbing that Governments condone the use of lethal firearms in order to protect money, but shoot the idea of self defence.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
JohnCoop Offline
Average Joe

Name: John W. Cooper

Re: Gov. Cuomo considers gun law 'corrections' - March 9th 2013, 02:53 AM

Well it's also really annoying when you look at the 'Demand a Plan' video that was hastily thrown together by those actors a few weeks ago when you consider almost all of them have wielded firearms in the movies they've been in. That basically tells me they're willing to use the very weapons they despise to make heaps of money but when it comes to the choices of people, you know people who aren't protected by ARMED bodyguards 24/7, it's a big no-no in their eyes. I refuse to watch any Sylvester Stallone movie now. Sylvester Stallone believes ALL guns should be banned, this is the same guy who has made about a zillion Rambo movies, starred in both of the Expendables movies and more recently Bullet to the Head (really Stallone, really?), all of those movies had numerous firearms in them. It's okay for Stallone to make tons of cash using guns in his terrible movies but it's not okay in his eyes for me to carry a gun to protect myself in case I get attacked by a real criminal.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: Gov. Cuomo considers gun law 'corrections' - March 9th 2013, 06:00 AM

This is why I love Arizona, we passed a law that essentially says federal gun laws don't apply to Arizona made firearms and accessories, as it's intrastate commerce.

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: Gov. Cuomo considers gun law 'corrections' - March 12th 2013, 02:33 AM

Well you don't need a AR-15 style gun to defend yourself. There are plenty other guns that are less dangerous that can be used instead.

http://strigidaeofchrono.deviantart.com/
"Setting boundaries is not a more sophisticated way of manipulation - although some people will say they are setting boundaries, when in fact they are attempting to manipulate. The difference between setting a boundary in a healthy way and manipulating is: when we set a boundary we let go of the outcome."

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am Human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

Colonel Meow

(#6 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Gov. Cuomo considers gun law 'corrections' - March 12th 2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrigidaeofChrono View Post
Well you don't need a AR-15 style gun to defend yourself. There are plenty other guns that are less dangerous that can be used instead.
I don't need my M240-B while I'm deployed overseas, I can surely use a "less" dangerous firearm. But, yet, I am given a Fully Automatic Machine gun that uses 7.62mm ammo.

Saying any "AR-15" is less dangerous is bullshit. Every firearm is equally dangerous, but if you're not a scumbag asshat, you're not going to go walk in a school and shoot people. I was raised right. A Shotgun at close range is more dangerous then any AR. If you use a slug or buckshot, at close range, unless that person is on a Operating table in 15-20 min. They're dead.

A AR-15 is no dangerous then any other Semi Auto rifle. That's like saying people shouldn't have ferraris or Lambos because no one needs a 600 HP Vehicle on a street that most speed limits are 55 MPH.

P.S. If we went with "V.P Biden's" Shotgun for home defense rule. Let's say you use a shotgun and you miss. Most Shotguns are pump-action. You missed and now you have to reload to be able to fire again. Ooops.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Re: Gov. Cuomo considers gun law 'corrections' - March 12th 2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
I don't have to have a need. I have a right to keep and bear firearms in common usage, that includes AR-15s. You don't have the right to tell me how I can practice my rights.

AR-15's are no more dangerous than any other semi-automatic rifle, anyone who has told you otherwise is either lying or trying to sell you something. More people are killed with hammers every year than are killed with all types of rifles combined.

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: Gov. Cuomo considers gun law 'corrections' - March 13th 2013, 12:09 AM

Well what about a smaller clip size then? If someone can have a gun that shoots smaller rounds then if they were to go and attempt a mass shooting they'd need to reload which would allow more time to apprehend them and thus more lives saved? However maybe you'd have enough that if someone invaded your home and you missed the first shot then you'd still be able to try again. I don't know how many bullets you can shoot on an average at the moment before you need to reload.

"Setting boundaries is not a more sophisticated way of manipulation - although some people will say they are setting boundaries, when in fact they are attempting to manipulate. The difference between setting a boundary in a healthy way and manipulating is: when we set a boundary we let go of the outcome."

You shut your mouth
How can you say

Colonel Meow

(#9 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Gov. Cuomo considers gun law 'corrections' - March 14th 2013, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Well what about a smaller clip size then? If someone can have a gun that shoots smaller rounds then if they were to go and attempt a mass shooting they'd need to reload which would allow more time to apprehend them and thus more lives saved? However maybe you'd have enough that if someone invaded your home and you missed the first shot then you'd still be able to try again. I don't know how many bullets you can shoot on an average at the moment before you need to reload.
It was 10 before, not its 7... 3 rounds makes it a "Dangerous High Capacity Magazine". If someone is willing to do a mass shooting, they will buy more magazines or reload more times. If there is a will, there is a way. If you allowed more people to carry, Lets say like Texas. You'll have less crime rate. Who would dare commit crime if every Citizen who was allowed too had a weapon on them? No one, unless you where ballsy or had a weapon of yourself, but if everyone had the right to defend themselves, then there would be less crime.

There was a study done that every time a Armed Citizen stops a shooting on average only 2 people died vs. the 21 people who died when Police stop the shooting.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Re: Gov. Cuomo considers gun law 'corrections' - March 14th 2013, 01:27 AM

I am glad to live in arizona

Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
J-man Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Gov. Cuomo considers gun law 'corrections' - March 14th 2013, 02:19 AM

Quote:
AR15's don't use clips, they use magazines

Also gangs can easily build a 3-d printer and make a large capacity magazine.

Citalopram prescribed since Jan 2011. Moved on to Sertraline October 2012. Currently on 100mg.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: Gov. Cuomo considers gun law 'corrections' - March 15th 2013, 01:25 AM

I wasn't aware 3D printers were so easy to make....

You shut your mouth
How can you say

Colonel Meow

(#13 (permalink)) Old
J-man Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Gov. Cuomo considers gun law 'corrections' - March 15th 2013, 01:53 AM

Quote:
I wasn't aware 3D printers were so easy to make....
Less than $200 when you know what you're doing (cost is mainly for circuit boards)

If gangs can cook crystal meth, they can get the knowledge to make a 3d printer.

Citalopram prescribed since Jan 2011. Moved on to Sertraline October 2012. Currently on 100mg.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Gov. Cuomo considers gun law 'corrections' - March 15th 2013, 07:58 PM

Which is why the Citizens of the United States should be allowed to right to defend themselves. The average response time of 911 is about twenty min. The average response time of a .357 is 1400 fps.

What one are you going to take?

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Gov. Cuomo considers gun law 'corrections' - March 15th 2013, 07:59 PM

Which is why the Citizens of the United States should be allowed to right to defend themselves. The average response time of 911 is about twenty min. The average response time of a .357 is 1400 fps.

What one are you going to take?

Closed Thread