TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Carrie Prejean retains the crown. - May 14th 2009, 04:31 PM

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thed...-gets-it-.html

A bit late lol, but any thoughts on this or her comments about gay marriage? I personally don't know how Donald makes his decisions with these beauty queens. One with an alcohol addiction keeps her crown which I can sort of understand, one takes risque photos with her friends at a party and loses her crown, then we have Carrie who poses topless and keeps her crown. Interesting.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Carrie Prejean retains the crown. - May 14th 2009, 06:43 PM

to be honest i couldn't care less whether she kept her crown or not. i find the whole beauty pageant thing ridiculous really. as for her opinions on gay marriage, i think she should be allowed to think and say what she wants. just because it's something that a lot of people disagree with, it doesn't mean she should be punished for saying what she thinks.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BlurrySunset Offline
Average Joe

Name: Meg

Re: Carrie Prejean retains the crown. - May 14th 2009, 11:47 PM

It wasn't her opinion on gay marriage that annoyed me, it was the way she presented it. She came across very ignorant and undiplomatic. And I think it was a bad decision on her part to piss off Perez Hilton.

Honestly though, I don't care whether she keeps the crown or not. Beauty pageants kind of sicken me.

I lost myself in the space between heaven and hell.
...where do we go from here?

R.I.P. Sarah; 1991-2009
Kacy; 1992-2009
I'll never forget.

Two months clean and sober.
Seven months since last cut.
Still struggling and surviving.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

Re: Carrie Prejean retains the crown. - May 14th 2009, 11:59 PM

I really haven't read much that then what i did now about it. I really see no use on her keeping it anyways or could care less. The news and entertainment is worrying about if a woman could keep a Miss America title instead of bigger things is a bit stupid to me.

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

Send a message via MSN to Pessimistic Panda Send a message via Yahoo to Pessimistic Panda  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Re: Carrie Prejean retains the crown. - May 15th 2009, 01:09 AM

I really can't say that I care. I'm glad she's happy? xD

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Angilea. Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lea

Re: Carrie Prejean retains the crown. - May 15th 2009, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
I really can't say that I care. I'm glad she's happy? xD
ditto.
I could care less if she loses it or not.

There is only one person who could ever
make you happy, and that person is you.

Send a message via MSN to Angilea.  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Hi_ImJordan Offline
Average Joe

Re: Carrie Prejean retains the crown. - May 15th 2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlurrySunset View Post
It wasn't her opinion on gay marriage that annoyed me, it was the way she presented it. She came across very ignorant and undiplomatic.
I searched for her quote. Here it is:

"Well I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one way or the other. We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage. You know what, in my country, in my family, I do believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman, no offense to anybody out there. But thatís how I was raised and I believe that it should be between a man and a woman."

Nothing about that sounds ignorant or undiplomatic to me. In fact, the only thing that does is what Perez Hilton supposedly responded with: calling her a "dumb bitch". Really, Perez? He shouldn't have asked the question if he was going to get all bent out of shape and cry about an answer that he doesn't agree with. He never should've been a judge anyway.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Re: Carrie Prejean retains the crown. - May 15th 2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi_ImJordan View Post
I searched for her quote. Here it is:

"Well I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one way or the other. We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage. You know what, in my country, in my family, I do believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman, no offense to anybody out there. But thatís how I was raised and I believe that it should be between a man and a woman."

Nothing about that sounds ignorant or undiplomatic to me. In fact, the only thing that does is what Perez Hilton supposedly responded with: calling her a "dumb bitch". Really, Perez? He shouldn't have asked the question if he was going to get all bent out of shape and cry about an answer that he doesn't agree with. He never should've been a judge anyway.
I'm sorry are you serious that NOTHING about that horribly said answer was ignorant. First off her first sentence is wrong, we DO NOT have a choice in this country unless you are one of the lucky few to live in one of the very few states where gay marriage is allowed. Then she says "in my country" I'm sorry is she a member of some other America that we don't know about. Oh and she says "same-sex marriage or opposite marriage" WTF is that! It was a horribly worded answer no matter what she was saying.
But you are right Perez Hilton was completely wrong. He asked the question he got an answer and he reacted very poorly.

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Mike

Re: Carrie Prejean retains the crown. - May 16th 2009, 02:48 AM

She should have lost her crown. She said she never took nude photos. But she did. That's a lie, and she shouldn't keep her crown. I respect her opinion on gay marriage despite my support of same-sex marriage. But in the end she broke the rules and should be punished accordingly.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Re: Carrie Prejean retains the crown. - May 16th 2009, 05:03 AM

Oh for god's sake. Why is this news?

You know why it's news? Because she said she doesn't like gay marriage. So the now overly left wing media had a field day, trying to dig up as much dirt on her as possible so she would be de-throned, so to speak.

No one would give a damn if she hadn't made a comment, which, although I don't agree with, was a FAR CRY from gay bashing.

"People may think otherwise, but I believe this" =/= "RAWR GAYS BURN IN HELL JESUS4LIFE"

I saw the pictures. Professional photos, taken by a professional photographer, of a professional model.

SHOCKING! APPALLING! WE SHOULDN'T SEE THESE EVEN THOUGH WE ALL WISHED TO SEE HER NAKED!! (Don't even lie, hell I did)

Grow the hell up. People get naked. It doesn't make them immoral or any less of a person than you are.

Also, Miss Rhode Island did similar pictures, and no one has said a damn thing about her.

God I HATE THE MEDIA!

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Carrie Prejean retains the crown. - May 16th 2009, 05:13 AM

haha I got really excited when i first heard about this, that finally someone wasnt being perfectly politically correct, even though she did put it fairly lightly.

though I do agree how its pathetic that this made such a big story haha.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Carrie Prejean retains the crown. - May 16th 2009, 05:49 AM

For crying out loud... I honestly could care less, and I think it's ridiculous that such a big deal was made out of her gay marriage comment. She's entitled to her opinion, just because it may not match the opinions of others, does not mean she does not have the right to express it. If she would have said "I'm all for gay marriage!" there would still be many people who would be pissed - why aren't we questioning Perez Hilton for basically giving her a question that, no matter how she answered, would result in pissing people off? Besides, it's just a silly crown, not a matter of life or death.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#13 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Carrie Prejean retains the crown. - May 16th 2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:

You know why it's news? Because she said she doesn't like gay marriage. So the now overly left wing media had a field day, trying to dig up as much dirt on her as possible so she would be de-throned, so to speak.

No one would give a damn if she hadn't made a comment, which, although I don't agree with, was a FAR CRY from gay bashing.

"People may think otherwise, but I believe this" =/= "RAWR GAYS BURN IN HELL JESUS4LIFE"

I saw the pictures. Professional photos, taken by a professional photographer, of a professional model.

SHOCKING! APPALLING! WE SHOULDN'T SEE THESE EVEN THOUGH WE ALL WISHED TO SEE HER NAKED!! (Don't even lie, hell I did)

Grow the hell up. People get naked. It doesn't make them immoral or any less of a person than you are.

Also, Miss Rhode Island did similar pictures, and no one has said a damn thing about her.

God I HATE THE MEDIA!
Then why are you wasting your time responding? There are much less newsworthy things out in the media right now and whether you like it or not, this was a popular story. And i'm hoping you're not saying i'm the one who needs growing up.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Carrie Prejean retains the crown. - May 16th 2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTank77 View Post

God I HATE THE MEDIA!
But the thing is that now she's made herself look like even more of an idiot because she's gone and denied purposely taking those photos. She's saying that some photographer just decided to take topless pictures of her and put them out into the public, which if you've seen the pictures it's obvious that that's a load of crap. So she's just making herself look much worse.

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Hi_ImJordan Offline
Average Joe

Re: Carrie Prejean retains the crown. - May 16th 2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmole View Post
I'm sorry are you serious that NOTHING about that horribly said answer was ignorant. First off her first sentence is wrong, we DO NOT have a choice in this country unless you are one of the lucky few to live in one of the very few states where gay marriage is allowed. Then she says "in my country" I'm sorry is she a member of some other America that we don't know about. Oh and she says "same-sex marriage or opposite marriage" WTF is that! It was a horribly worded answer no matter what she was saying.
But you are right Perez Hilton was completely wrong. He asked the question he got an answer and he reacted very poorly.
everyone does have a choice. If they are homosexual and they want to get married badly enough (and it's not legal in their state), they can choose to move to another state. though it definitely is not the best way, and i will agree that things probably should be easier for them, it is still a choice.

and, who are you (or perez hilton, or anyone) to criticize the words she chose, or the way she phrased them? from reading what you just posted, you're not exactly james joyce either.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Carrie Prejean retains the crown. - May 17th 2009, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi_ImJordan View Post
everyone does have a choice. If they are homosexual and they want to get married badly enough (and it's not legal in their state), they can choose to move to another state. though it definitely is not the best way, and i will agree that things probably should be easier for them, it is still a choice.

and, who are you (or perez hilton, or anyone) to criticize the words she chose, or the way she phrased them? from reading what you just posted, you're not exactly james joyce either.
I criticize because she's a public figure whether she wants to be or not and they are expected to sound intelligent when answering questions. And you see I don't even care about your rude personal attack because this is not a public forum, I'm typing an answer to you using the same language that I would if we were just two people arguing in a room.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Hi_ImJordan Offline
Average Joe

Re: Carrie Prejean retains the crown. - May 17th 2009, 10:33 PM

Actually, this IS a public forum, and I know I'm not alone when I say that I don't take people's opinions on this "debate" forum seriously unless they're written in a literate way.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Carrie Prejean retains the crown. - May 18th 2009, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceSRC View Post
Then why are you wasting your time responding? There are much less newsworthy things out in the media right now and whether you like it or not, this was a popular story. And i'm hoping you're not saying i'm the one who needs growing up.
No no, not you, don't worry. I meant the people who are making a big deal of it publicly. i.e, 90% of the Media.

And I know it's a popular story, but just because something it popular doesn't make is newsworthy or important.

Quote:
But the thing is that now she's made herself look like even more of an idiot because she's gone and denied purposely taking those photos. She's saying that some photographer just decided to take topless pictures of her and put them out into the public, which if you've seen the pictures it's obvious that that's a load of crap. So she's just making herself look much worse.
I'm aware that she lied, but have you ever thought she denied the photos not because of the contest, but because she was embarrassed about having them done? Or that they possibly weren't supposed to go public unless she said so? People do stupid shit when their nervous or trying to hide things.

Basically my point is, the whole "crucifixion" thing(if you will), with her is ridiculous, and people need to give her a break.

Besides, The Trump gave her the a-ok

Quote:
I criticize because she's a public figure whether she wants to be or not and they are expected to sound intelligent when answering questions. And you see I don't even care about your rude personal attack because this is not a public forum, I'm typing an answer to you using the same language that I would if we were just two people arguing in a room.
Have you not seen who been running the USA the last eight years until very recently?

Public figures are supposed to sound smart, yes, but they don't always. And in this case it wasn't a matter of intelligence, it was a matter of opinion. She was honest, which is rare with public figures these days.

Would you rather she lie some more just to appease the PC's? Or would rather have her tell the truth?

Last edited by TigerTank77; May 18th 2009 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.
  Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Carrie Prejean retains the crown. - May 18th 2009, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTank77 View Post
Have you not seen who been running the USA the last eight years until very recently?

Public figures are supposed to sound smart, yes, but they don't always. And in this case it wasn't a matter of intelligence, it was a matter of opinion. She was honest, which is rare with public figures these days.

Would you rather she lie some more just to appease the PC's? Or would rather have her tell the truth?
For me it is a matter of intelligence. I've said that even though I don't agree with her opinion it's the way she said it that really bothered me. I will say though on the Soup they had Miss Arizona's answer (I think it was Miss Arizona) and had Miss California not answered the way she answered Miss Arizona would be the one we are all talking about. I mean it's just sad, these girls give pretty girls a bad name and I honestly don't believe that some of these girls went to the colleges they said they did.

The point is that Miss California did not come off as intelligent but that never matters when it comes to this thing so her answer is no reason for her to lose the crown. However I do think the pictures and the fact that she just won't admit to taking them are good enough reasons to lose her crown and I think she should have.

Oh and Jordan I certainly don't think my answers are illiterate, certainly not compared to a lot of the postings on this site. But you know my writing style is based off the way I would talk to a person I'm not writing an essay or making a public announcement every time I write on here.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Carrie Prejean retains the crown. - May 18th 2009, 03:58 AM

Quote:
For me it is a matter of intelligence. I've said that even though I don't agree with her opinion it's the way she said it that really bothered me. I will say though on the Soup they had Miss Arizona's answer (I think it was Miss Arizona) and had Miss California not answered the way she answered Miss Arizona would be the one we are all talking about. I mean it's just sad, these girls give pretty girls a bad name and I honestly don't believe that some of these girls went to the colleges they said they did.
I see what you're getting at there. I looked up the exact quotes of what she said, and yeah, now that I see the unedited version, it was fucked up. Still not that fucked up... I'd say a 5.5 on the "Fuckery" scale.

But you simply can't kick the girl out on her ass because of one statement, which I'm guessing even she thinks was stupid to make.

I guess my point is, there are people who make their careers saying stupid and shocking shit, and we shouldn't nail one beauty queen to the cross for expressing her opinion in a, forgive the re-usage, "opinionated" manner.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Carrie Prejean retains the crown. - May 18th 2009, 05:08 PM

Not sure whether or not Vanessa Williams cares much by now, but I do agree that if this girl could retain her crown after obviously denying the existence of topless photos, that Vanessa should be able to retain her crown too. Some of the decisions made about these beauty queens and the question of whether or not they should keep their crowns makes no sense to me in all honesty. That one girl Katie Rees I believe her name is from Nevada, she's still bitter about losing her crown and believed she should've been able to keep it after those photos of her making out with other girls and groping her own cleavage surfaced, and not to mention the altercation with police which led to her arrest. Apparently she felt she still deserved to retain the crown, even more so then the other beauty queen who retained hers after coming out with a drug/alcohol addiction.

I don't know, in my opinion I think Carrie Prejean deserved to have the crown taken away just because of the fact that she blatantly lied about those pictures and she knew that this wasn't acceptable behavior for someone who wanted to go into this sort of thing. But whatever that's just me.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Omar the Lobster!
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Bernadette

Re: Carrie Prejean retains the crown. - May 19th 2009, 01:01 AM

"THOSE OTHER TWO PHOTOS. WERE PHOTOSHOPPED. And then they were RELEASED. To SHAME ME FOR MY BELIEFS."

Blaaaaaaah she's so dulll.

Hey guys, like jewelry that can withstand the blow of a sword? Jewelry that can put up a fight? Check out ChainCreations!

When you whisper, you must be absolutely as sincere as when you scream.

Send a message via AIM to Oiseau the Little Bird!  
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Lorelei Offline
Resident Nerd
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Laura

Re: Carrie Prejean retains the crown. - May 19th 2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlurrySunset View Post
It wasn't her opinion on gay marriage that annoyed me, it was the way she presented it. She came across very ignorant and undiplomatic. And I think it was a bad decision on her part to piss off Perez Hilton.

Honestly though, I don't care whether she keeps the crown or not. Beauty pageants kind of sicken me.
^ I totally agree. ^

"How dare I? Because it is the truth." -Jane Eyre

"You do what you love, and f#%* the rest." -Little Miss Sunshine

Closed Thread