TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Florida declares algae emergency - July 2nd 2016, 01:58 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/1/120...july-emergency

Florida is just not lucky lately. Hope everyone's okay.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Re: Florida declares algae emergency - July 2nd 2016, 06:26 PM

I don't understand why they left this to last minute when it was tested in May and no one did anything about it. So really they shouldn't complain about it and rushing around to fix a problem they had ample time to do something about from the beginning.

It's good that people are still booking but also not good to hear that these businesses may need to layoff their workers. If I owned a business where it was affected cause of the algae I would call, write, and send letters to the person(s) who deal with that, not allow it to "it should go away before July 4th weekend" because it's been May since it started to cause issues and now, businesses are most likely going to struggle cause of that, it's not fair to those who are at risk for losing there jobs.

Would pumping water in those areas would actually change or make a difference? To me this is like an oil spill, they need to clean it up not pump water in hopes to rise the water levels.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Florida declares algae emergency - July 2nd 2016, 07:02 PM

Florida has tons of bad news all the time, to the point that it's actually considered a meme. I think some of it is spreading further because of recent events.

As far as the algae goes, I don't know enough of the science to know really what the best course of action would have been. However, I do know that Rick Scott is a shit lord who makes shitty decisions. While losing business is a very real concern, a lot of places are booked months in advance for 4th of July and I'm sure most of those people aren't going to cancel last minute.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

Closed Thread