TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stephe Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Stephe

This isn't the way it'a supposed to be - August 8th 2016, 10:24 PM

Lately, I've been getting really fed up with the world. Every single week a bomb goes off and kills countless innocent civilians or a gunman kills random people who are just finding their own business. When the Olympics started everyone was sitting on the edge of their seat thinking in the back of their mind "Will there be a terrorist attack?" We are all so scared we avoid getting in a public crowd, we don't travel, or we don't even leave our homes. Every week 100+ people are killed in Chicago and we all go along and mind our own business. Isn't so sad that this is just apart of our daily lives now? Our world is not supposed to be like this. We are all so caught up in our own lives that we don't even think about others, half of us our are too greedy to help while the other half are too scared. I'm not sure this world can get much worse. This year has really made me think about God. If there is a God don't you think it's about time he stepped in and did something? We can't get used to this style of life.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: This isn't the way it'a supposed to be - August 9th 2016, 05:03 AM

It always gets worse before it gets better. In most scenarios, there is a point where it doesn't get any worse, so it only gets better.
Unfortunately, there isn't really a "worst" in this scenario. Maybe if we got hit by a meteor.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SirJordan Offline
Twitter: @sirjordanhardy
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jordan

Re: This isn't the way it'a supposed to be - August 9th 2016, 05:07 AM

Unfortunately the world has always been this way. It's just more publicised by social media and the fact that we can access the news 24 hours a day which makes it seem like it's happening more. We live in a shitty world.

"Carefree, wherever we may be. We are the famous CFC" - Chelsea Football Club
  Send a message via Yahoo to SirJordan  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
hsxii Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: ellie

Re: This isn't the way it'a supposed to be - August 9th 2016, 02:28 PM

The world isn't a shitty place at all!! We live in an amazing place with a few bad apples who try to spoil it.
Yes bad things have always and will always happen, but there have always and will always been people actively fighting against those dickheads n helping the victims.
Look at the support orlando victims got n now the fda is reconsidering their gay blood ban.
And when the fire (which apparently may have been man made) in Alberta had thousands of people evacuated from their homes, Syrian refugees who already lost everything were giving to what little they had to the evacuees.

"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping."
Fred Rogers

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Mehrunes Dagon Offline
Daedric Prince
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jo

Re: This isn't the way it'a supposed to be - August 9th 2016, 03:14 PM

There isn't a safer time to live in the world in the past 200 years than the present. Only 16 years ago was the century of total war, where the most despotic tyrants ruled and nuclear war was a considered strategy, and the century before that was the time of the industrial revolution, slavery, and revolutions throughout Latin America, Europe, and the United States. The world only appears so grim because of how the media/government portrays it. The world was never a utopia, but you'll always have those like the politicians that try to worsen its image to promote a hysteria in order to make you more fearful and easier to control. For instance, despite gun violence in the United States decreasing for two straight decades, the media disproportionately covers gun crimes in order to convey the misleading notion that gun violence has reached unforseen levels. All I can say is see the world through your own eyes, and not through the lenses the media/gov't provides.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: This isn't the way it'a supposed to be - August 9th 2016, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehrunes Dagon View Post
There isn't a safer time to live in the world in the past 200 years than the present. Only 16 years ago was the century of total war, where the most despotic tyrants ruled and nuclear war was a considered strategy, and the century before that was the time of the industrial revolution, slavery, and revolutions throughout Latin America, Europe, and the United States. The world only appears so grim because of how the media/government portrays it. The world was never a utopia, but you'll always have those like the politicians that try to worsen its image to promote a hysteria in order to make you more fearful and easier to control. For instance, despite gun violence in the United States decreasing for two straight decades, the media disproportionately covers gun crimes in order to convey the misleading notion that gun violence has reached unforseen levels. All I can say is see the world through your own eyes, and not through the lenses the media/gov't provides.
The new century has barely begun. We're just 16 years into it. And my theory is that Turkey just might be where it all might go wrong. All the inter-continental disputes are bottlenecking in Turkey at the moment.

- the EU migrant crisis
- the military coup to remove Erdogan
- Erdogan's influence of EU policy (connected with his leverage regarding the migrant crisis)
- Turkey's uncomfortable alliance with the USA who are currently protecting one of the organizers of the military coup (Erdogan doesn't like this)
- Erdogan trying to cozy up to the Russians instead, to leverage America and Europe in various ways
- increased authoritarianism in Turkey in response to the coup, oppression of citizens
- The Kurds in Turkey and surrounding regions supposedly being the largest ethnic group without a nation state of their own, and a formidable enough armed forces under their control, and constantly in disagreement with the Turkish government

If the dam breaks on this, the fallout will be worse than Syria. I'm not even saying "I think" it will be worse. I don't doubt it at all. If Erdogan choses to turn his back on America/EU in favor of Putin, I have a few ideas what might happen next, and how America might respond. Trump is a wild card though. Impossible to tell what might happen.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Closed Thread