TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Texas baby found dead after nine hours in hot car - August 14th 2016, 04:38 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/12/us/tex...inkId=27626864

WTF? It seems like it was an honest mistake and the father hasn't been charged, but this is so messed up. R.I.P.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Texas baby found dead after nine hours in hot car - August 14th 2016, 04:48 PM

Unfortunately this isn't a rare occurrence. I can see how you could forget your child is with you, especially if they're being quiet and you aren't the one to normally bring them to daycare, etc. I know some people have strategies to make sure this doesn't happen, such as tying a string to the car seat and the driver door when the child is in the car. I think it'd be great if every car seat or car had a weight indicator that a child was in the seat, similar to how some cars can detect when someone is in the passenger seat. I have no idea if we have the technology to make this work, however, especially as most small infants don't weigh much. Some stores have started putting signs up on their doors reminding parents to check their backseat for children.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
arepo Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Texas baby found dead after nine hours in hot car - August 14th 2016, 04:54 PM

Such a shame. There might not be any charges yet, but even if it was an honest mistake there will most likely be child negligence/endangerment/neglect charges.

“There is nothing beautiful about the wreckage of a human being.
There is nothing pretty about damage, about pain, about heartache.
What is beautiful is their strength, their resilience, their fortitude
as they display an ocean of courage when they pick through the
wreckage of their life to build something beautiful brand new,
against every odd that is stacked against them.” — Nikita Gill

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Texas baby found dead after nine hours in hot car - August 14th 2016, 05:00 PM

I think it's very sad. It is a mistake that a lot of parents could make. I read a book about a father that left their child in the car. The child was okay though. That being said I still think it's hard to comprehend how someone could forget their child in their car. I've babysat for my nieces and nephew and have never forgotten them in the car.

I agree with Oliver, it's likely going to lead to something like neglect or endangerment.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Last edited by .:Bibliophile:.; August 14th 2016 at 05:59 PM.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Re: Texas baby found dead after nine hours in hot car - August 14th 2016, 07:34 PM

This is honestly so sad, but children being left alone in vehicles is really common, unfortunately, like its in the news all the time, constantly people are told to take more precautions, and yet they don't. I think this is a problem.

I do like the string idea someone mentioned above. But I agree, he'll probably be charged with neglect.

R.I.P. little one.

~I was always scared of everything, even the carousel.~

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

Closed Thread