TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

View Poll Results: When would you get an abortion?
I’d probably/definitely get an abortion, regardless of circumstances. 16 25.81%
I’d only get an abortion in select circumstances (rape, medical danger, etc.) 27 43.55%
I wouldn’t get an abortion at all, regardless of circumstances. 19 30.65%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
ATP787 Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
ATP787's Avatar
 
Gender: Male

Posts: 135
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Would you personally have an abortion? - May 19th 2009, 07:49 PM

Please take careful note that this thread isn't an abortion debate, so please don't make it one.

Obviously, women who are already pro-life probably aren't going to have an abortion. However, for all the other women out there, if you got pregnant, would you personally have an abortion?

Would you get an abortion if:
You got raped?
Your life was in medical danger?
The upcoming child may have genetic defects?
You had unprotected sex?
You and your partner used protection, but the protected failed?

Thanks!
   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Magicalisland Offline
Human being
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Magicalisland's Avatar
 
Name: E. Brill
Age: 25
Gender: Gender is an illusion.
Location: Moominland

Posts: 228
Join Date: January 9th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 19th 2009, 07:55 PM

I would get an abortion for all those reasons especially rape. I am completely pro-choice and I think it would be bad for everyone if I had a baby at my age. The only way I could get pregnant is if I was raped and I would hate to have to tell my child that their father was a rapist. Also, if my life was in danger, I would rather that the baby died rather than us both dying.
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while
********
 
LucyLouWho's Avatar
 
Name: Chelsey
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: West Virginia, US

Posts: 1,968
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 19th 2009, 08:00 PM

You got raped? No.
Your life was in medical danger? Only if it was absolutely certain that I would die if I didn't terminate.
The upcoming child may have genetic defects? No. Not unless it was so bad that my baby would have to live as a vegetable or be in pain for most or all of his/her life.
You had unprotected sex? No.
You and your partner used protection, but the protected failed? Nope.


Previously Mommy.Wife.Student
   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
wanderlust Offline
zz
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
wanderlust's Avatar
 
Gender: Female

Posts: 230
Blog Entries: 18
Join Date: March 27th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 19th 2009, 08:06 PM

i just couldn't!

i cant judge others, but i wouldnt encourage it.


A single thread in a tapestry
Through its color brightly shine
Can never see its purpose
In the pattern of the grand design
   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?
**********
 
bitesize's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Ireland

Posts: 3,944
Blog Entries: 321
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 19th 2009, 08:10 PM

Right now abortion would be my first option. Adoption would be second, but only if abortion was absolutely not possible. There is no chance that I could raise a baby at this stage in my life. I've always known that.
   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Prozac's Avatar
 

Posts: 3,499
Blog Entries: 108
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 19th 2009, 08:10 PM

I personally wouldn't have an abortion under any circumstances.
I don't judge others for having an abortion, I just personally don't believe that I could bring myself to have an abortion because I think i'd always be thinking "what if" and I'd probably regret it.
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
FastForward2012 Offline
Member
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
FastForward2012's Avatar
 
Name: Ellie
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Pennsylvania

Posts: 541
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 19th 2009, 08:12 PM

I couldn't get an abortion. I just....couldn't. It'd be way too hard for me to do. I know I'm young, but still.


To Write Love On Her Arms<3
   
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while
********
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Name: Ashley
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: Deltona Florida

Posts: 1,220
Blog Entries: 12
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 19th 2009, 08:36 PM

There would be no chance at all that I would get an abortion.
Not even if my life was in danger, if my life was in danger but my child could live. I would carry the baby and die. For me abortion is not a choice.
Even if I were raped I wouldn't get an abortion because the baby still needs to be loved no matter how it was conceived.


Always remember to put your happiness first.
  Send a message via MSN to wonderbread  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
thebigmole's Avatar
 
Name: Taylor
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Location: Orlando, Fl

Posts: 1,668
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 19th 2009, 08:44 PM

Yes in all circumstances. The only times I wouldn't is if I was married and it was my husbands of course and there weren't any medical issues, or if I was engaged to the guy. But in cases of rape or medical issues wouldn't even hesitate.


"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin
   
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 19th 2009, 08:53 PM

Finally. Some people that are against abortion. Too bad a lot of you didn't speak up in my last thread

I would never get an abortion, unless I knew for certain that one of us was going to die. Then I would have to consider both lives, then choose.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
thebigmole's Avatar
 
Name: Taylor
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Location: Orlando, Fl

Posts: 1,668
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 19th 2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
Finally. Some people that are against abortion. Too bad a lot of you didn't speak up in my last thread

I would never get an abortion, unless I knew for certain that one of us was going to die. Then I would have to consider both lives, then choose.
Well actually from what I gathered from reading the 3 girls who said they wouldn't get abortions 2 sounded pro-choice. Not all pro-choice people would personally get abortions but understand a woman's right to choose.


"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin
   
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Lizzie's Avatar
 
Name: Lizzie
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Location: USA

Posts: 4,700
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 19th 2009, 09:20 PM

I am against abortion in most cases. And I know that I would personally not get an abortion if for whatever reason I got pregnant by my boyfriend, and he feels the same way. But I marked that I might if I got raped, because while I would hope that I would be able to carry the child to term, I have no idea how I would actually feel, as I have never been in the circumstance. So I had to be completely honest with that one.




Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
   
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
noise94's Avatar
 
Gender: N/A

Posts: 3,231
Join Date: January 11th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 19th 2009, 09:36 PM

I would never have an abortion. Ever. I just couldn't do it.
   
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Pelios's Avatar
 
Name: Andrea
Gender: Female
Location: México

Posts: 3,691
Blog Entries: 48
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 19th 2009, 09:48 PM

I would NEVER get an abortion regardless of the circumstances. It goes against my beliefs.


Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.
   
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Lorelei Offline
Resident Nerd
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Lorelei's Avatar
 
Name: Laura
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: in my own thoughts

Posts: 801
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 19th 2009, 09:58 PM

Would you get an abortion if:
You got raped? I've never been in that situation, so I can't say for sure. I like to think I'd try to keep the baby.
Your life was in medical danger? If there was a good chance the baby would die too, I'd get an abortion.
The upcoming child may have genetic defects? It depends, but I probably wouldn't get an abortion just because of a defect.
You had unprotected sex? No.
You and your partner used protection, but the protected failed? No.

I'm pro-choice simply from the standpoint that shit happens and a woman shouldn't be forced to keep a baby or resort to back-alley procedures just because some people think abortion is murder. Especially if the mother's life is in danger or if the baby is a product of rape.


"How dare I? Because it is the truth." -Jane Eyre

"You do what you love, and f#%* the rest." -Little Miss Sunshine
   
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Cullen Offline
Member
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Cullen's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: England

Posts: 405
Join Date: January 20th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 19th 2009, 10:29 PM

Abortion is one of those things where you say "Oh yeah, if this happened I'd deffinately do that", but if it actually came round to it, you'd feel completely different.

If I found out I was pregnant tomorrow, wether it was from someone I cared about, or from a rape or something, I think I'd get an abortion. ATM, I'm not mentally ready to have to care for someone else. I can;t even look after myself!


The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows...
Keep The Blood In Your Head, And Keep Your Feet On The Ground.



Nov 29th 2010 <3


Do I Divide And Fall Apart?
My Bright's Too Slight To Hold Back All My Dark.
  Send a message via MSN to Cullen  
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
rizz Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
rizz's Avatar
 
Name: Rhiannon
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Posts: 217
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 19th 2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereIsHope View Post
You got raped? No.
Your life was in medical danger? Only if it was absolutely certain that I would die if I didn't terminate.
The upcoming child may have genetic defects? No. Not unless it was so bad that my baby would have to live as a vegetable or be in pain for most or all of his/her life.
You had unprotected sex? No.
You and your partner used protection, but the protected failed? Nope.
im the same


Luv those who cannot luv themselves
Giv a hug to a friend
Luv those who luv u bak
Blow a kiss times ten
Luv is everywhere u look
Around every corner
   
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Khadra Offline
got hitched!! <3
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Khadra's Avatar
 
Name: Kathlene
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Lima, Peru

Posts: 736
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 19th 2009, 10:50 PM

You got raped? no
Your life was in medical danger? yes
The upcoming child may have genetic defects? in most cases no, but in a few yes
You had unprotected sex? no
You and your partner used protection, but the protected failed? no


It's not socialism. It's CIVILIZATION.
- a woman from Denmark (the happiest country on Earth)


Once you choose hope, anything is possible - Christopher Reeves

Drop a pm in my box if you ever need anything. I'll always do my best to help! <3
   
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 19th 2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmole View Post
Well actually from what I gathered from reading the 3 girls who said they wouldn't get abortions 2 sounded pro-choice. Not all pro-choice people would personally get abortions but understand a woman's right to choose.
Not according to the poll. I don't want to turn this into a debate though.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
asphyxiated Offline
Next stop: Land of Sueños
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
asphyxiated's Avatar
 
Age: 26
Gender: Female

Posts: 201
Blog Entries: 4
Join Date: January 19th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 19th 2009, 11:06 PM

I would only get an abortion if I was raped.




   
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Lugez's Avatar
 
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 929
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 19th 2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
Not according to the poll. I don't want to turn this into a debate though.
There's a difference between whether you PERSONALLY want to get an abortion, and whether you'll allow/accept someone else to do it. Just because someone would never get an abortion, doesn't mean they aren't pro-choice.

This thread is asking the individual whether she of would ever consider abortion.

...And I can't answer the poll. Oh well.
   
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while
********
 
LucyLouWho's Avatar
 
Name: Chelsey
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: West Virginia, US

Posts: 1,968
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 19th 2009, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
Not according to the poll. I don't want to turn this into a debate though.
I'm not so big on abortion myself, but I'm going to have to agree with Taylor on this one. There are many people who are pro-choice who would never have an abortion. Just because you won't do something yourself doesn't mean that you're against other people doing it. The question is asking what we personally would do, not necessarily whether or not we're for or against other people doing it. So yeah, I'm sure that if there was to be another thread posted right now asking whether you're pro-choice or pro-life, some of the people in this thread who said that they'd never have an abortion, would also claim to be pro-choice in the other thread.


Previously Mommy.Wife.Student
   
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Grizabella Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Grizabella's Avatar
 
Name: Jessica
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 1,305
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 19th 2009, 11:49 PM

I would have an abortion regardless of the circumstances by which I got pregnant. I don't want children, but that doesn't mean I'm going to remain celebate my entire life. If I were raped, I would have an abortion. If my life was in medical danger...well, that wouldn't really apply in my case, as I would abort as soon as I knew I was pregnant, so the knowledge or some kind of medical danger probably wouldn't come up. If it did, it wouldn't be a factor. A similar situation with genetic defects - any pregnancy I had wouldn't progress far enough to catch it. If I had unprotect sex? Yes. If I had protected sex and birth control failed? Even more strongly yes. I know I can confidently say all this, because I'm in a situation right now where I may have to make that decision, and it wasn't even a question in my mind.


Not around so much now that school's started

"Live a good life.
If there are gods and they are just,
then they will not care how devout you have been,
but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by.
If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them.
If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life
that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."
Marcus Aurelius
   
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
losing touch.'s Avatar
 
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: UK

Posts: 5,996
Blog Entries: 537
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 20th 2009, 12:19 AM

i used to think that i would just have abortion and that was that.. but my opinion has changed drastically over the past few months. i've come to realise how precious life is, and i could not, in any circumstances bring myself to take the opportunity of life away from someone. the only time when i might reconsider this is if my life was in danger if i carried the child. i used to think of it as just a bunch of cells and it seemed so insignificant. but however insignificant it seems, killing it would still take away its chance of life.

as for other people, i know that i cannot change others opinions and decisions regarding the subject, and i can see why they think that way.

so to sum it up, for me, no i'd never get an abortion in any circumstances, apart from if my life were in danger.. but i wouldn't hold it against someone else if they had an abortion, because thats their choice.

this is all pretty irrelevent for me anyway seeing as i can't/won't be able to have kids.


..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..



   
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
eunoia's Avatar
 
Name: Jes
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Location: USA

Posts: 5,888
Blog Entries: 2
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 20th 2009, 12:25 AM

You got raped? Yes
Your life was in medical danger? Yes
The upcoming child may have genetic defects? Depends.
You had unprotected sex? Doesn't apply to me (I'm a lesbian ) but probably not.
You and your partner used protection, but the protection failed? Same as above.



Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind
   
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Catsrmything Offline
Dreamer In Disguise
Average Joe
***
 
Catsrmything's Avatar
 
Name: Brianna
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Location: Physicaly: Reno, Nevada, USA; Mentaly: Lost

Posts: 148
Blog Entries: 2
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 20th 2009, 12:35 AM

I don't think that it should be my choice if i got pregnant somehow im not the kind of person that would be able to make a decision for an other human being even if he/she was not born yet. If I ever got pregnant while i was still a teenager I would give it up for adoption. But here is what my choices would be:

You got raped? No, because I shouldn't have the right to take away the life of a child. Even though the child is biologically mine it still is not mine in anyway it is a child who can not be owned by anyone else and unfortunately if this happened i would be forced to take care of it until someone else better fitted for the job could.
Your life was in medical danger? Maybe, It would depend on how much danger there was. if I was 90% sure or more that i was going to die I would probably have an abortion if there was no way I could wait as long as possible to have the baby to give it the best chances of survival.
The upcoming child may have genetic defects? No, It's still a child
You had unprotected sex? No
You and your partner used protection, but the protected failed? No

Just in case there was any confusion i am pro-choice just not pro MY choice. I don't believe in my own ability to make choices for a child but everyone is different and others should be able to decide what its right for them and/or the baby.


-Bri

Last edited by Catsrmything; May 20th 2009 at 12:47 AM.
  Send a message via MSN to Catsrmything Send a message via Yahoo to Catsrmything  
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
Alley-Kat Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
Alley-Kat's Avatar
 
Name: Brittany
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: New Zealand

Posts: 21
Join Date: May 19th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 20th 2009, 12:36 AM

Would you get an abortion if:
You got raped? No, it's not the childs fault that his/her biological father is cruel.
Your life was in medical danger? Yes, without my life there would be no baby either. No point in two dying.
The upcoming child may have genetic defects? If the baby would still have a happy life, then no. If it was a severe defect & the baby would suffer/not life very long, then I'd abort.
You had unprotected sex? No, it wouldn't be the baby's fault that I was stupid.
You and your partner used protection, but the protected failed? No, if I wasn't prepared or ready to take care of a baby then I'd put him/her up for adoption.
   
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough
*********
 
Gidig's Avatar
 
Name: Maria
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: Colorado

Posts: 2,123
Blog Entries: 390
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 20th 2009, 01:11 AM

To me, it's not a fact of if I had unprotected sex, who the dad was, or whatever. It'd be what will be the best situation for me and a possible child. So yes, I would have no problem having an abortion if it was the best choice.

Though I also wouldn't go and use it as a form birth control either.



The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

   
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
Omar the Lobster!
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Oiseau the Little Bird!'s Avatar
 
Name: Bernadette
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 457
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 13th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 20th 2009, 01:15 AM

I have a very serious view on what constitutes a child, and wouldn't have an issue aborting. A cluster of cells hardly constitutes a human.


Hey guys, like jewelry that can withstand the blow of a sword? Jewelry that can put up a fight? Check out ChainCreations!

When you whisper, you must be absolutely as sincere as when you scream.


  Send a message via AIM to Oiseau the Little Bird!  
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
Angilea. Offline
Member
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Angilea.'s Avatar
 
Name: Lea
Gender: Female
Location: Let's pretend we're in Antarctica!!

Posts: 426
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 20th 2009, 01:16 AM

never in a million years would i even consider
getting an abortion.period.





There is only one person who could ever
make you happy, and that person is you.



  Send a message via MSN to Angilea.  
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
SillyEvee Offline
Member
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
SillyEvee's Avatar
 
Name: EV
Age: 27
Gender: None
Location: Now

Posts: 511
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 20th 2009, 04:00 AM

Of course this is all what I think I would probably do. I've never been in anything close to a situation where I'd have to decide.

But basically, only if having the child put my life in actual danger would I get an abortion. In all other circumstances, I'd probably carry the child to term and give it up for adoption. Probably an open adoption. I can't imagine shutting the baby out of my life entirely. I don't think I'd want to raise the child myself at this stage of my life. Five years from now? Maybe.

That said, I'm totally pro-choice. Who am I to tell other women what to do with their bodies?


--EV--
Congrats Canada's Juniors! 5 in a row!
Last Sunday morning, the sunshine felt like rain.
Week before, they all seemed the same.
And oh, I ain't wastin' time no more
Cause time goes by like hurricanes, and faster things.
--The Allman Brothers Band


Things seem impossible until you start to do them.

PM me anytime. I love to talk. :]
   
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
Mixtape91 Offline
Falling Up
Average Joe
***
 
Mixtape91's Avatar
 
Name: Hannah
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Texas

Posts: 176
Join Date: March 19th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 20th 2009, 04:08 AM

I'd get an abortion if it was under the right and certain circumstances.

Would you get an abortion if:
You got raped? It depends, probably maybe. I'd keep my options open
Your life was in medical danger? yes, probably
The upcoming child may have genetic defects? I'd consider it..
You had unprotected sex? probably not
You and your partner used protection, but the protected failed? probably not


“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.”

- Edgar Allen Poe


The only truth is change, have patience
  Send a message via AIM to Mixtape91  
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
star_crossd Offline
Color Me Chaotic
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
star_crossd's Avatar
 
Name: Sam
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: AZ

Posts: 770
Blog Entries: 12
Join Date: January 15th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 20th 2009, 04:10 AM

You got raped? Yes, I dont think I could go 9 months with a constant reminder of what happened.
Your life was in medical danger? Yes, especially at my age, I wouldn't risk both of us dying.
The upcoming child may have genetic defects? Yes because I personally could not expend so much time and energy on a mentally retarded child. Plus, him/her having to go through life like that would be terrible. It sounds harsh but I'd rather just terminate it than have me and it go through so much.
You had unprotected sex? No. If i was irresponsible enough to have unprotected sex, I would go through with it (unless theres a medical reason I couldn't) but I'd find an adoptive family for it.
You and your partner used protection, but the protected failed? Yes because if we both were responsible and tried to have safe sex, I would not want to have to deal with the consequence of the contraceptives failing.


Yesterday I saw you kissing tiny flowers
But everything that lives is born to die
And so I say to you that nothing really matters
And all you do is stand and cry.


Music is life. Start living.
   
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
Adean Offline
Almost 4000 posts.
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Adean's Avatar
 
Name: Mary
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Location: Columbus, Ga

Posts: 392
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 20th 2009, 02:02 PM

Impossible to know. The question would be better phrased as "Do you think you would have an abortion?"


Beware of the cats.
   
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough
*********
 
Melody Pond's Avatar
 
Name: Rachel
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: UK

Posts: 2,684
Blog Entries: 69
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 20th 2009, 03:49 PM

I am reasonably pro choice. I think abortion is right in certain circumstances but I don't think abortion is right if the person was irresponsible and did not use protection. I know some people who have used abortion as a form of contraception more than once and I just think that is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopOfTheWorld View Post
Would you get an abortion if:
You got raped? Yes
Your life was in medical danger? Yes
The upcoming child may have genetic defects? Most likely no
You had unprotected sex? No
You and your partner used protection, but the protected failed? Possibly
I wouldn't abort the baby because it was disabled but if the baby was only going to live for like a day or be a vegetable I would abort the baby because it would be unfair to make it suffer.

If I had unprotected sex then I would not have an abortion because it would be my fault.

If the contraception failed then I would consider abortion and all other options, look at were my life was at and where it was going and what having a child would to and make the choice.
   
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
delilah Offline
Member
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
delilah's Avatar
 
Age: 28

Posts: 439
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 21st 2009, 01:06 AM

I find it interesting how people would abort a baby if it was going to come into the world a vegetable or in pain - because they wouldn't want it to suffer.

which suggests they don't think abortion is causing it to suffer. Yet they wouldn't have an abortion for other reasons, because it's murder.

i might've just interepted stuff wrong, slash i didn't read it that thouroughly so if what i've said is incorrect correct me all you like i dont really care haha i just thought id point it out

im prochoice and prochioce for myself. i agree with the theory that taking the morning after pill is the same as abortion. so i'd do both. not happily in fact i even hate taking the morning after pill on the rare occasions i have, but it's a better life for me an the child im potentionally not having
   
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
onesadgummybear Offline
~Im a mouse. Duh!~
Not a n00b
**
 
onesadgummybear's Avatar
 
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Location: Chicago

Posts: 64
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 21st 2009, 01:52 AM

i would have an abortion in all circumstances. i just dont think im ready for a baby. and if i did have a baby right now i would just suck at being a mother anyway and i think thats like selfish to have a kid who would have to deal with me as a mother. no child deserves a sucky mom so i just wouldnt do it cuz thats just like mean and unfair to the kid u know . if i was a kid i would be pissed off if i had me as a mother. i cant even keep a gold fish alive let alone take care of another human. ive already had 8 gold fish so i cant imagine if it was a kid.


~There's a 30% chance that it's already raining!~

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !
   
  (#38 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough
*********
 
udontno's Avatar
 
Name: Amanda Kate
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: VA, USA

Posts: 3,039
Blog Entries: 24
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 21st 2009, 02:04 AM

Personally, I don't ever see myself having an abortion. I wonder about everything and I just don't think I could do it. That being said, I don't know if I could carry a child right now. I'm not mentally stable and there are a lot of things that I want to do. I got a little taste of some of it last weekend and I'd hate to let a pregnancy stand in my way. However, my child is my child and I can't deny that.

In the end, I think I would NOT abort.


--A
   
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
New Username: Mindsend
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
QuestionToTheWorld_xX's Avatar
 
Gender: Female

Posts: 35
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 21st 2009, 02:42 AM

As much of a non-child person I am, I would never take an innocent life, I'm just not sure exactly how anyone is okay with taking such a young life away. If I were to have been raped, the child would definately be put up for adoption mainly because, as said before, I am just not the motherly type and the fact that if I ever went through with abortion I would most likely be disgusted and most likely never forgive myself.


Our lives are made in these small hours,

These little wonders,
These twists & turns of fate

Time falls away, but these small hours,
These small hours still remain

   
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while
********
 
LucyLouWho's Avatar
 
Name: Chelsey
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: West Virginia, US

Posts: 1,968
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Would you personally have an abortion? - May 21st 2009, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah View Post
I find it interesting how people would abort a baby if it was going to come into the world a vegetable or in pain - because they wouldn't want it to suffer.

which suggests they don't think abortion is causing it to suffer. Yet they wouldn't have an abortion for other reasons, because it's murder.
I said that because I'd hate for my child to have to go through a whole lifetime of pain. It would be really difficult for me to terminate if something that serious was wrong, and I'm not even sure that I'd be able to make the final decision to do it. I doubt that I'd actually be able to go through with it, but my mind would definitely pace back and forth for awhile trying to figure out what is best for my child and what to do.


Previously Mommy.Wife.Student
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
abortion, personally

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright ©1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.