TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Proud90sKid's Avatar
 
Name: .
Gender: Male
Location: US

Posts: 302
Join Date: July 6th 2011

Refusing to Tip Uber- is it rude? - September 6th 2017, 05:23 AM

Ok, so I have noticed that more and more places are asking for tips. It's like a hidden epidemic that is driving up the cost of services. I've seen tip jars at fast food places, pizza takeout (when I drive the store and pick it up- now the person who hands me the pizza wants a tip, lol) ,and now UberEats (and Uber).

I love UberEats. One reason is that I did not have to tip the driver. There wasn't even the option of tipping. This made it affordable. Unfortunately, this last time I ordered, they included the option of tipping. This kind of worries me. If there is an option, people will feel obliged and then everyone will start tipping (which amounts to paying a fee so you don't look "cheap") -this will have the affect of driving up the cost of service, since I doubt that delivery fees will go down. This could destroy the utility of UberEats. The delivery fee is more expensive than other places- but is offset by the lack of tipping. If tipping becomes semi-mandatory, I will stop using the service.


Since tipping is a new option, I feel it is not bad to boycott the change- Just refuse to tip. If everyone did this, tipping Uber would not become socially mandatory, and Uber/UberEats would remain affordable to the consumer. Isn't that one of the main selling points of Uber? It is cheaper and more affordable than taking a cab - or ordering pizza delivery. If you allow tipping, a few people will start to tip "to be nice" and then before you know it, everyone feels they have to - and then the consumer suffers. It would be a good 2-3 dollars more per delivery--which is a lot to pay given I am already paying the delivery and the driver is making a full wage. Sorry but I am not paying for the same thing twice.

People feel good for tipping - but they are actually hurting the affordability of the service for other people. In this case, this would have a negative effect on the profits of restaurants (who get some revenue from uber-based customers) and possibly of Uber as a company. It may even cause the pay of drivers to be docked , as they are making a tip anyways.

My attitude is that if you aren't one of the workers allowed to make under minimum wage (due to tips) , then you shouldn't get a tip and should find a new job if you think the one you have doesn't pay enough--rather than expecting the consumer to pay for the service twice (pay the company and the server) .
   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran
*************
 
.:Bibliophile:.'s Avatar
 
Gender: Just me

Posts: 16,320
Blog Entries: 1722
Join Date: January 18th 2009

Re: Refusing to Tip Uber- is it rude? - September 6th 2017, 05:32 AM

I disagree completely. I'm not entirely certain how ubereats drivers get paid but in regards to pizza delivery, they don't see much if any of the delivery fee. The delivery fee goes to the store. So, I tip because I know how excessive driving can cause wear and tear on the car. They might not use the tip to help with their car but that's why I choose to donate. Also, it really isn't as simple as going and getting a better job but I don't really want to get into all that.

I will say that I've been using ubereats for quite some time and there has always been an option to tip. I, personally, choose not to go out to restaurants or places that I should tip if I don't have the money because to me, they deserve that tip. I see the crap a lot of service workers put up with and I give them a tip to let them know I appreciate their services.


|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Proud90sKid's Avatar
 
Name: .
Gender: Male
Location: US

Posts: 302
Join Date: July 6th 2011

Re: Refusing to Tip Uber- is it rude? - September 6th 2017, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Abibliophobe~ View Post
I disagree completely. I'm not entirely certain how ubereats drivers get paid but in regards to pizza delivery, they don't see much if any of the delivery fee. The delivery fee goes to the store. So, I tip because I know how excessive driving can cause wear and tear on the car. They might not use the tip to help with their car but that's why I choose to donate. Also, it really isn't as simple as going and getting a better job but I don't really want to get into all that.

I will say that I've been using ubereats for quite some time and there has always been an option to tip. I, personally, choose not to go out to restaurants or places that I should tip if I don't have the money because to me, they deserve that tip. I see the crap a lot of service workers put up with and I give them a tip to let them know I appreciate their services.
Thanks, I always tip for restaurants if it is included as an option (though absolutely never for takeout). I mean , uber drivers are paid a wage. I was not given the option of tipping (at least without physical cash) until very recently. These drivers have the same pay as before, therefore there is no need to tip.

In the case of uber- drivers absolutely DO see some of that delivery fee. This fee is a big part of how uber makes money (not sure if restaurants pay uber or not) --it is the only part of the bill that uber gets a share of-therefore a lot of that goes to pay the workers/drivers. That is why the delivery fee is more than a pizza restaurant or Jimmy Johns (where the fee is mostly to cover costs)--no in this case, it is high enough already for it to be for revenue for the company and its workers. It is a 5 dollar fee -pizza hut has a fee of half that where I am. In this case, I really am paying the driver twice.

Think about it- you order a pizza from Pizza Hut- and you are paying them directly for that meal- the delivery fee is only going to cover the cost of delivery. In the case of Uber- the delivery fee is the cost they are charging to make the service profitable- it costs roughly the same as a delivery fee plus a tip already. If drivers didn't get any of that fee- they wouldn't have made money in the past before tipping was an option on everyone's account.


If I order a 10 dollar meal, that becomes like 20 dollars with tip , tax, and the already high delivery fee. That is ridiculous.
   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran
*************
 
.:Bibliophile:.'s Avatar
 
Gender: Just me

Posts: 16,320
Blog Entries: 1722
Join Date: January 18th 2009

Re: Refusing to Tip Uber- is it rude? - September 6th 2017, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud90sKid View Post
Thanks, I always tip for restaurants if it is included as an option (though absolutely never for takeout). I mean , uber drivers are paid a wage. I was not given the option of tipping (at least without physical cash) until very recently. These drivers have the same pay as before, therefore there is no need to tip.

In the case of uber- drivers absolutely DO see some of that delivery fee. This fee is a big part of how uber makes money (not sure if restaurants pay uber or not) --it is the only part of the bill that uber gets a share of-therefore a lot of that goes to pay the workers/drivers. That is why the delivery fee is more than a pizza restaurant or Jimmy Johns (where the fee is mostly to cover costs)--no in this case, it is high enough already for it to be for revenue for the company and its workers. It is a 5 dollar fee -pizza hut has a fee of half that where I am. In this case, I really am paying the driver twice.

Think about it- you order a pizza from Pizza Hut- and you are paying them directly for that meal- the delivery fee is only going to cover the cost of delivery. In the case of Uber- the delivery fee is the cost they are charging to make the service profitable- it costs roughly the same as a delivery fee plus a tip already. If drivers didn't get any of that fee- they wouldn't have made money in the past before tipping was an option on everyone's account.


If I order a 10 dollar meal, that becomes like 20 dollars with tip , tax, and the already high delivery fee. That is ridiculous.
Idk what ubereats charges you for a delivery free but we get charged 6.99 here so a $10 meal basically does become close to $20 which is why I don't order from them too often.

That being sad, with ubereats I'm not certain how everything is broken down or how much they get for each delivery which is why I do tip as well as I do a pizza driver or someone at a restaurant. So, I do get your point on that. I wish it were actually easier to figure out how much they get but I have heard some people say that they don't make enough to live off of just that job alone and a lot of those drivers do both ubereats and Uber.

So, honestly in regards to ubereats, I don't pay as much as normal but if I could find information about how much they actually end up making I might pay a bit more.


|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|
   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
Member
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Lexify.'s Avatar
 
Name: Lexi.
Gender: Female

Posts: 4,098
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: March 3rd 2014

Re: Refusing to Tip Uber- is it rude? - September 6th 2017, 03:17 PM

As someone who doesn't have uber or ubereats I'm not sure what those services entail or how much they cost.
However, if we have ordered delivery (grocery store, food, etc) we always tip at least 15%. The amount varies depending on the weather, amount of time and how much we ordered.
   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Proud90sKid's Avatar
 
Name: .
Gender: Male
Location: US

Posts: 302
Join Date: July 6th 2011

Re: Refusing to Tip Uber- is it rude? - September 6th 2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smultroställe. View Post
As someone who doesn't have uber or ubereats I'm not sure what those services entail or how much they cost.
However, if we have ordered delivery (grocery store, food, etc) we always tip at least 15%. The amount varies depending on the weather, amount of time and how much we ordered.

Uber is a service that is sort of replacing taxicabs as the fare is cheaper. The business is doing well and they have now given the option for people to order delivery from them (food). The uber drivers pick it up and drive it to you. Since they have wanted to maintain their low cost , they have previously refused to allow tipping as an option (you couldnt tip even if you wanted to). You order the ride or what not and there was no option to tip. They paid their drivers and deliverers. That is one reason the delivery fee can be over 5 dollars-because it basically includes the tip. Now, they are finally giving people the option to tip. I think this is bad because it will affect the utility of the service as a cheaper alternative to a taxi.
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran
*************
 
.:Bibliophile:.'s Avatar
 
Gender: Just me

Posts: 16,320
Blog Entries: 1722
Join Date: January 18th 2009

Re: Refusing to Tip Uber- is it rude? - September 6th 2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud90sKid View Post
Uber is a service that is sort of replacing taxicabs as the fare is cheaper. The business is doing well and they have now given the option for people to order delivery from them (food). The uber drivers pick it up and drive it to you. Since they have wanted to maintain their low cost , they have previously refused to allow tipping as an option (you couldnt tip even if you wanted to). You order the ride or what not and there was no option to tip. They paid their drivers and deliverers. That is one reason the delivery fee can be over 5 dollars-because it basically includes the tip. Now, they are finally giving people the option to tip. I think this is bad because it will affect the utility of the service as a cheaper alternative to a taxi.
The reason that they started allowing tipping because it violated labor laws. Drivers with Uber tend to get only $3 per deliver/ride they give. So, $3 isn't really a whole lot of money even if they are able to do three rides in an hour. They could easily be making under minimum wage. That being said, I do know people who have worked for uber/lyft and they have actually made a decent amount of money but I am uncertain if they made most of the money on tips.

Also, in regards to uber and not ubereats, I can personally attest to the fact that tipping has not and likely will not affect it being a cheaper alternative. Taxi's are really expensive and the price they charge is already a decent amount and they do expect a tip. I used to primarily take taxi's when I would drink and even though the areas I hung out weren't more than a few miles away from my house (no more than 5 I would say) it would end up costing an exorbitant amount. I know people who take uber and are able to go a much farther distance, for a cheaper price than they would have gotten with a taxi. Therefore, those people don't mind tipping because it really isn't going to make a huge difference in what they would end up paying and they do end up saving money. If you don't tip a taxi driver they do get mad and they will remember you and make your next car ride difficult. They will/have intentionally taken longer to get to you etc.

In regards to ubereats, I don't even see it as a cost effective option. The only reason I use it is because of the fact that they offer delivery services to food places that don't normally offer delivery. Ubereats tends to make the meal cost an exorbitant amount (automatically adds 6.99 and a couple dollars more if it is in a high traffic area) and so a meal that is 13 will end up costing even more. So, I do not utilize that service in hopes of saving money like people utilize their other service. I utilize ubereats when I want a certain type of food, don't have the energy to get out of bed or go out of the house (sometimes due to the heat) or I don't feel like driving to that particular restaurant or 'dressing up' since some of the restaurants are sit down. I know when I use ubereats I am going to spend way more money than if I went to a restaurant that actually did delivery to my area or if I simply went to the restaurant I am ordering from and got my meal. The ONLY reason I use ubereats is to get something else besides pizza. I've never looked at ubereats as a cost effective way to save on food delivery because it isn't and I don't actually believe that was it's intended purpose. It's intended purpose was to give people more options in regards to food delivery and, it does that, but it does it at a rate that I am unwilling to pay. Also, the other thing you have to consider with ubereats is that these people are having to find parking, they are having to wait for the food, they are having to deal with customers. There is a lot more to actually utilizing ubereats than them picking it up. Most people who have done it have said that service really isn't worth what they get paid and have warned others against doing it. I think tipping actually balances it out and will keep people continuing on working for ubereats and without those people wanting to work that job the service would not run.

And, in technicality you aren't required to ever tip a person but when someone is doing delivery there is going to be wear and tear on their car, they are going to have to pay for gas and so it is very unlikely that the base pay they are getting is going to cover all that. I am not 100% sure if ubereats drivers get any money for actual gas mileage or if that all comes included with the base pay. I do know that delivery drivers, in general, tend to only get a certain amount that doesn't really cover the gas mileage at all. For example, I know one company that pays $0.30 and that definitely won't cover much because of how expensive gas is.

Given on these things, I definitely don't order delivery or go to a restaurant unless I actually have the money to include at least a 10% tip but I always like to go with at least 15%-20%.


|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|
   
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict
************
 
Coffee.'s Avatar
 
Name: Traci
Age: 26
Gender: she/her/hers
Location: North Carolina

Posts: 8,147
Blog Entries: 639
Join Date: October 29th 2009

Re: Refusing to Tip Uber- is it rude? - September 7th 2017, 12:02 AM

I wish we didn't have to tip and that wages were simply higher that we wouldn't have and could tip for extremely good service. We'd be paying more, but not really, cuz we'd be paying the same, it'd just be in the price. Unfortunately, the United States and many other places either allow us to pay under minimum wage for tipped workers (I hate this so much) or pay workers just at minimum wage and these tips are really the only way that these jobs are worth being in. Because I've worked in service (even though both of my jobs were at minimum wage), I tip very high. I know how demanding these jobs are, how much crap these workers deal with, and that they deserve more than what they're paid. Therefore, I choose to tip well. For me, if I do not have the money to tip, I can go to the grocery store and make my own food. I'm paying for the convenience of somebody else doing it for me, partly for the cooking, and partly for the delivering it to me. I just wish it was included in the price to begin with so service workers didn't rely on me doing math for their livelihoods


I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
TheAtomicBlade's Avatar
 
Name: Tortellini
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Location: Executor Star Ship

Posts: 950
Join Date: May 7th 2016

Re: Refusing to Tip Uber- is it rude? - September 7th 2017, 12:41 AM

Well where I am you don't tip period haha.
However, Uber is meant that you don't tip. The drivers keep 80-85% of their fare (if I recall correctly), and I don't think you need to tip. It may be cultural to tip in the US, and if thats why you tip maybe, but I don't think you have to, or will be rude as such by not tipping


PM me if you ever wanna talk. Send a message my way.
And remember, you matter. You're awesome. You're beautiful. Stay strong, the world will get better.

May The Force be With You.
   
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
Member
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Lexify.'s Avatar
 
Name: Lexi.
Gender: Female

Posts: 4,098
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: March 3rd 2014

Re: Refusing to Tip Uber- is it rude? - September 7th 2017, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud90sKid View Post
Uber is a service that is sort of replacing taxicabs as the fare is cheaper. The business is doing well and they have now given the option for people to order delivery from them (food). The uber drivers pick it up and drive it to you. Since they have wanted to maintain their low cost , they have previously refused to allow tipping as an option (you couldnt tip even if you wanted to). You order the ride or what not and there was no option to tip. They paid their drivers and deliverers. That is one reason the delivery fee can be over 5 dollars-because it basically includes the tip. Now, they are finally giving people the option to tip. I think this is bad because it will affect the utility of the service as a cheaper alternative to a taxi.
Ah oka, thanks for explaining! I know what uber is but I'm not sure how to pay is/how much they cost or anything because we don't have that option here. We don't have uber but we have some companies that are similar to uber eats. I've used them a few times and always tip because if I wasn't prepared to spend X amount then I would just make my own food. Part of the reason we tip is because if we order takeout, it is usually a large amount of food because of how many people are in my family/ or we have guests over and because it is way more convenient to order take out than it is to go out to a restaurant. I've been raised to tip no less than 15% even if it is bad service and then anywhere from 20% or more for good delivery service. If It's inside a restaurant then that amount is more like 30% or higher depending on the service.

People should be given the option to tip if they wish to. If someone doesn't feel like tipping for delivery then okay it's up to that person but people should still be given the option.
   
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
MWF's Avatar
 
Name: Robert
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: The Best City On Earth

Posts: 1,708
Join Date: May 22nd 2010

Re: Refusing to Tip Uber- is it rude? - September 7th 2017, 07:23 AM

I'd tip the guy just because that job sounds shitty. Keep in mind that theres a good chance they can't make ends meet without the tips.


Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Proud90sKid's Avatar
 
Name: .
Gender: Male
Location: US

Posts: 302
Join Date: July 6th 2011

Re: Refusing to Tip Uber- is it rude? - September 18th 2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWF View Post
I'd tip the guy just because that job sounds shitty. Keep in mind that theres a good chance they can't make ends meet without the tips.
But uber was designed so that workers get paid a high percentage of the fare. Uber was designed without tips in mind-so that fares can be kept a lot lower than cabs. If they want to make more, they should ask their employer - not expect the consumer to pay extra.

For this very reason, Uber refused to allow tipping for the longest time. Afterall, if you are a business- and pay your employees a full wage- the last thing you want is customers feeling they need to pay a price increasing tip--as that affects demand. A lot of tipped employees DONT make minimum wage, because laws allow employers to pay them less if they are likely to make more in tips--those people you should always tip (and I do, and generously)- but Uber drivers make full income. You are literally paying for the same thing twice.
   
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran
*************
 
.:Bibliophile:.'s Avatar
 
Gender: Just me

Posts: 16,320
Blog Entries: 1722
Join Date: January 18th 2009

Re: Refusing to Tip Uber- is it rude? - September 18th 2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud90sKid View Post
But uber was designed so that workers get paid a high percentage of the fare. Uber was designed without tips in mind-so that fares can be kept a lot lower than cabs. If they want to make more, they should ask their employer - not expect the consumer to pay extra.

For this very reason, Uber refused to allow tipping for the longest time. Afterall, if you are a business- and pay your employees a full wage- the last thing you want is customers feeling they need to pay a price increasing tip--as that affects demand. A lot of tipped employees DONT make minimum wage, because laws allow employers to pay them less if they are likely to make more in tips--those people you should always tip (and I do, and generously)- but Uber drivers make full income. You are literally paying for the same thing twice.
The fares for uber are still low. People do not have to tip and, even with a tip included, the fares are still lower than a taxi. Like I stated in a previous post, with a taxi, you get charged an arm and a leg and the drivers expect a tip. If you don't tip a taxi driver they will refuse to pick you up or they will intentionally take longer to come get you. I didn't realize this occurred until some of the people I took taxi's with pointed it out. With uber, if you don't tip, I have never heard of that happening.

And, what exactly do you consider a full income? The people that work in my state get, at least, minimum wage working at restaurants because unlike other states the employers in my state cannot get away with paying tipped workers less than minimum wage. However, most of those workers still rely on tips to get by. A lot of the workers are college students and the tips help pay for food, books and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Tipping is never a requirement and with Uber the workers don't outright care if you don't tip them. When I first used Ubereats I didn't see the option to tip and so I didn't tip that particular driver. It wasn't a big deal but I felt bad and since then, I have come to understand the app more and have been able to tip. So, even if Uber has the option to tip ... the drivers are a whole lot better about you not actually tipping than other companies and places I have gone.

I may have a different opinion on this but if I am at a place where if tipping someone $2's or more is too much money than I will just choose to eat somewhere else. I mean, for example, if I want to use ubereats and don't feel like tipping an extra $2 than I will just go pick my food up. And, in all honesty, a $2-$3 tip is not what ends up stopping me from using Ubereats. It's the astronomical amount they charge for the food delivery. I am always prepared to tip $2-$3 when I use a delivery service so, for me, the tip is never counted into the overall fee or the overall decision to not utilize the services.


|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|
   
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?
**********
 
Ambedo.'s Avatar
 
Name: Sam
Age: 25
Gender: Female

Posts: 3,569
Blog Entries: 26
Join Date: July 19th 2011

Re: Refusing to Tip Uber- is it rude? - September 19th 2017, 06:44 PM

While I've never used UberEats and tipping wasn't an option made available to me on the few instances that I have used Uber, I do think that tipping when possible is a good practice. Even if the business was designed to pay drivers enough that tips aren't necessary, I'm always happy to add a tip when a service is provided for me, especially when it's one that saves me a lot of time. However, if Uber really does pay their drivers a decent amount rather than putting them in a position to rely on tips, I don't think you need to feel obligated to add an extra tip. Maybe you can just tip if/when you have a little bit extra?


wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie
   
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran
*************
 
.:Bibliophile:.'s Avatar
 
Gender: Just me

Posts: 16,320
Blog Entries: 1722
Join Date: January 18th 2009

Re: Refusing to Tip Uber- is it rude? - September 19th 2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metanoia. View Post
While I've never used UberEats and tipping wasn't an option made available to me on the few instances that I have used Uber, I do think that tipping when possible is a good practice. Even if the business was designed to pay drivers enough that tips aren't necessary, I'm always happy to add a tip when a service is provided for me, especially when it's one that saves me a lot of time. However, if Uber really does pay their drivers a decent amount rather than putting them in a position to rely on tips, I don't think you need to feel obligated to add an extra tip. Maybe you can just tip if/when you have a little bit extra?


This is true. If you look into it, they do, make good money but it isn't always consistently good. There are many factors such as the times at which they are able to drive. If there are a high volume of drivers then they won't get as many gigs etc. Also, you have to factor in what they spend to actually drive the person around. If you add this up, a lot of the time these factors cause them to not make a lot. That's one of the biggest reasons I tip delivery drivers... The wear and tear on cars, having to pay for gas etc. If they got paid a decent amount for all of that I might be less inclined to do so but in most cases they don't and even people who work for Uber (that I know) say that the wear and tear and gas does definitely cause them to make less.

Yeah, if they really were making the $25 an hour thst Uber claims then I would be less inclined but they don't always make $25 an hour due to a number


|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
refusing, rude, tip, uber

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright ©1998-2018, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.