TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Political Correctness - October 14th 2017, 09:09 PM

This is in partial reference to a reply under a thread that is over a month old. I've been reorganizing my life on a big scale, burning bridges with some people, meeting new people, moving between countries. I don't want to dig the thread up up again or call the individual out. I don't think it's necessary, since there are plenty of people who share a similar opinion.

I'll just wanted to address the issue of "political correctness". And I'm becoming incrementally tired of being nice about these things. Today something triggered me to revisit this topic.

Political correctness is: toxic, disgusting, vile, totalitarian, intolerant, narcissistic, and oppressive. There are no rational excuses a person can make for it, if they're genuinely concerned with protecting the welfare of a modern and free society.

I do not know what orifice this new definition for political correctness originates from this time, which can be loosely expressed as: "political correctness is about scientific and global trends used to establish facts". It's a relatively new definition, that isn't even corroborated by any site available through a google search, so the is no unanimous agreed definition. But I've heard it regurgitated a few times since I came back to the UK to study for my MSc.

Bullshit.

Like I said, there is no evidence that corroborates this "new definition". It is entirely made up. It is a lie, and people who are repeating this definition are liars. Definitions matter. You don't get to just change them and move goal posts to fit your own arguments (like with the word "racism").

Merriam-Webster dictionary: Politically correct:"
conforming to a belief that language and practices which could offend political sensibilities (as in matters of sex or race) should be eliminated"

Let's just take one case study, right at the epicenter of the majority of this bullshit: race and intelligence. I won't drone on about it. Just watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGp06vMPERE

This is also connected with the attempts to argue for things such as "gender-neutral IQ tests", "ethno-neutral IQ tests".

Much like gender or ethno-neutral height measurements... I'm not sure what the fk they would measure, but it wouldn't be height. Quite simply, they probably would measure nothing. When you omit the variables from your experiment that are able to differentiate/delineate between data sets... then you record no differences between the data sets. It doesn't mean those differences don't exist. It means you suck at basic statistics and deserve to get fired from your job as a researcher and an academic. It means you suck as common sense as well. You're either incredibly stupid, or incredibly dishonest and assume other people are too incredibly stupid to call you out on it.

This absolute garbage idea that our personalities and abilities are "social constructs", to the exclusion of almost any genetic influences whatsoever, does not stand up to any scientific scrutiny, and does not corroborate with any evidence I've seen from the time I learned biology at school, to more recent research papers that I've had to waste time looking for to throw them in someone's face for arguing this crap.

I suppose next thing it'll be "gender neutral pregnancy tests".

Frankly, I don't even care about IQ differences between races. I just despise liars. And this is done under the guise of "political correctness". The irony's so thick you can taste the rust in the air, when you apply this new definition I mentioned earlier, that "political correctness is about scientific and global trends used to establish facts".

So, why is it "
toxic, disgusting, vile, totalitarian, intolerant, narcissistic, and oppressive"?

Well, I quote the same definition again:
Merriam-Webster dictionary: Politically correct:"conforming to a belief that language and practices which could offend political sensibilities (as in matters of sex or race) should be eliminated".

Other definitions are not as strong. They may not say that this language should be "eliminated", but that it's common courtesy to avoid offending minority groups. In practice, this is irrelevant, because the practical implications of this attitude are precisely this:
Extract: "40% of millennials believe that the government should be able to prevent people from publicly making statements that are offensive to minority groups"

This is unfathomably stupid. These people cannot seem to conceive the possibility that the government today that they empower, may not be the same in 10 years, or in 20 years. Didn't expect Trump, did you??? Laws change, ideologies change, but power tends to only flow in one direction, at least until the system collapses. We have growing counter-movements now. Do these bird-brains not realize, that if conservatives are by any chance declared a "minority group" under new laws in one possible future... the left would be absolutely fucked in election campaigns if their own legislative weapons were to ever be used against them???

Conservatives certainly are a minority on most university campuses. For example, the left has certainly been pushing for various Christian groups, conservative groups to be shut down, especially in academic spaces.

That is political correctness. And what goes around comes around. I urge people to stop defending this shit. This is going to bite back. It has already started.

But why is it "narcissistic"??

Here's a quote from a speech given by a guy called Mr. Rooney during a recent congressional hearing:
Quote:
"Under the guise of protecting students, the freedom to express views not deemed acceptable to an intolerant judgemental elite, is being attacked and denounced by students, professors and occasionally administrators. These people have the intellectual arrogance to think they should decide for all of us which ideas are to be heard, and which are not.
It is narcissistic, because the people who perpetuate the principle of political correctness, basically perpetuate it on the argument of "I'm big, you're small, I'm right, you're wrong". To assume that an ideology is by it's own definition "scientific and factual" is revolting. People like this do not welcome criticism, at all. I've observed political correctness evolving beyond even the belief in eliminating speech that offends people from minority groups. I've observed it including speech that criticizes any left-wing talking point, justified on the grounds that the left sees it self as the sole protectors of people from minority groups.

I'm not an absolutist, but when I come across someone like that I know exactly what I think of them. It does not matter what reasons someone uses to justify their self-righteousness. They might argue that it's because they're "older", or "christian", or "muslim", or because they're "wealthier", or on some occasions I've come across some arguing they know better because they're "poorer". Or because they're "left wing". All those are just pretexts, used by narcissists. There is no physical, character, or ideological attribute that can successfully determine whether a person is right or wrong about something. There are some that can increase the probability of someone being right on specific subjects. Nothing more.

There's a difference though between repeating slogans with good intentions, and actually believing what you're saying to it's full depth by fully acknowledging the consequences and collateral damage connected to it. That's the only thing that stops me from being too judgemental at first sight towards people who say these things. If I can tell that someone's heart at least is in the right place, then we have something in common. But when I hear something like "fuck white people" from one of these craptivists (or "fuck black people" as well for that matter), or that "Western civilization must die", then I know exactly where we stand. I wouldn't stand on the same side of a war with someone like that even if aliens invaded Earth tomorrow, because for all I know, the dipshit might sympathize with the aliens, just because they got bullied by other people at school 20 years ago. These people are pathetic, bitter, angry lunatics. Don't trust a lunatic.

They don't fight for people. They fight against people. It doesn't matter what people, when the motives are bad.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread