TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jordioa18 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jordi

JFK files released! - October 29th 2017, 03:15 PM

Since I saw nothing about it on TeenHelp and some of you guys aren't in the know, I am making this thread. (Inb4 CONSPIRACY THEORIST!!!!!11111!)

The US President has ordered to release files of the JFK assassination last Friday, where according to the President John F. Kennedy Assassinations Records Collection Act of 1992, the federal documents of pertaining to the JFK assassination will be released without (most of the) redactions.

2,891 of at least 3,140 documents that where witheld from the public have been released, only with redactions of people who still are alive. The rest of the records have been ordered to be released soon. (I've heard that there's a 90-day review period for the remaning documents)

Link to archives: https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/2017-release

If you have any comments or good findings, feel free to comment here

PSN: jordioa18

If you need help, PM/VM me
  Send a message via Skype™ to Jordioa18 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
PlasmaHam Offline
Not a n00b

Re: JFK files released! - October 30th 2017, 02:08 PM

I believe that it is actually a 180 day waiting period. All the documents were actually supposed to be released last week, but the FBI and CIA stepped in at the last minute and basically demanded a redaction of most documents. Trump granted the request, but they only 180 days to review them before they go public. The general public consensus as to why they were redacted is that the FBI/CIA wants to protect the name of any foreign informants, so they or their families won't be oppressed by their government if it is revealed they worked for the American government.

"Donald J. Trump, Eternal President of the United States, God-Emperor of Mankind, Defender of the Faith, Führer of the free world, Kaiser und Reichskanzler of the Tausendjähriges Trumpenreich, and literally the only reason you should have a Twitter account." -Random neo-nazi friend of mine

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there is a picture with a quote next to it"-Abraham Lincoln

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: JFK files released! - October 31st 2017, 07:09 PM

I don't really see the point in releasing them since, in my opinion, it is unlikely that anything that is important will be released. I mean, I could be wrong, I suppose but I don't feel like the FBI and CIA are going to concede and release anything that will reveal much of importance.

I think, the files that do end up getting released, will just lead to more people developing even more/crazier conspiracy theories.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: JFK files released! - October 31st 2017, 07:39 PM

I always thought that there was more than one shooter, but I have no clue who that could be. I've heard theories on Russians, Cubans, the FBI, CIA, and even LBJ. But they aren't gonna release anything interesting if it was an inside job, and the fact that some of the files are redacted is going to fuel more conspiracy theories.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: JFK files released! - November 4th 2017, 10:56 PM

J.F. Kennedy is a reptilian, and is still alive. His body double was murdered, after which he escaped to the moon on the Apollo 13 mission. He has been building an underground movement ever since to re-invade Earth from space with a rare strain of virus that will turn mankind into an army of whitewalkers that follow his every order. We should really try not to piss him off.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: JFK files released! - November 12th 2017, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWF View Post
I always thought that there was more than one shooter, but I have no clue who that could be. I've heard theories on Russians, Cubans, the FBI, CIA, and even LBJ. But they aren't gonna release anything interesting if it was an inside job, and the fact that some of the files are redacted is going to fuel more conspiracy theories.
I don't think they will release much either. I don't think they are going to risk any unnecessary information getting out. And, if it were an inside job of some sort (I have never actually looked into any theories, then they most definitely will not.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread